+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aapo Halme Signing

No wonder our players look miserable, it's coz they're slated before they even kick a ball!

Probably the next Scott Wootton

Maybe WTF can provide this weeks winning lottery numbers whilst he gazes into the future

Name:  police-samaritans.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  98.9 KB

Just in case anyone is affected by today's new signing....

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    No wonder our players look miserable, it's coz they're slated before they even kick a ball!
    Past performance Clive. How many of the newcomers introduced since Orta arrived have actually delivered? We have Sais, Alisoki (?) and errr..............

Look at Halmes record, he's a 19-year old who has only ever played in Finland, went to Helsinki from an even lower level club, is this supposed to be the way we strengthen our 1st team, or yet more speculation (using our money) by Orta, on the off chance that sooner or later he will get lucky?

If the club is investing for the future fine, but don't come out with stupidity regarding playoffs (or sheer lunacy regarding automatic promotion), if thats the strategy. Punts on guys like Halme won't get us promoted, not this season, if ever.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybn View Post
    Maybe WTF can provide this weeks winning lottery numbers whilst he gazes into the future
    Please tell me how my criticisms and predictions for our newcomers have been any less accurate than those deliberations by our DoF and owner that have resulted in millions being spent on duds??

I may have been wrong on a couple, right on a few more, better performance than Orta and I do it for free!

Look at Saiz record, came from the Spanish second division, currently our best attacking player, not la liga, not the bundesliga, not the premier league, not serie A, but a foreign second division weaker than our own English second division that we currently play in, plus his in his prime age wise so probably won't get much better than his current ability

Just saying ya know

OK WTF, with you knowing all you need to know about what goes into getting a player, the finances, the scouting, the paperwork, the contacts etc, who would you be signing for Leeds right now

Look at Saiz record, came from the Spanish second division, currently our best attacking player, not la liga, not the bundesliga, not the premier league, not serie A, but a foreign second division weaker than our own English second division that we currently play in, plus his in his prime age wise so probably won't get much better than his current ability

Just saying ya know
    Yes Clive, I agree with you, now please tell me of any other signing brought in since Ortas arrival, that has contributed one tenth of what we have seen from Saiz (and I include Alioski in that (who I rate), in that question despite his "variable" performances)?

FFS if we keep signing nobodies on nothing values, we are bound to end up with the occasional diamond in the rough, and you're suggesting that's a sound strategy for building a squad that can compete for, and deliver, at least the possibility of consistent playoff place?

OK WTF, with you knowing all you need to know about what goes into getting a player, the finances, the scouting, the paperwork, the contacts etc, who would you be signing for Leeds right now
    Never said I had all the answers, and I don't have the network of our esteemed DoF, I just look at what we have achieved with the chancers and the punts, and conclude that the strategy isn't working. Like many others, I believe that a larger budget, for a smaller number of more experienced (as in UK leagues) and therefore more expensive players would be more likely to deliver long-term and consistent results, whilst allowing the younger players to be "protected" while they develop.

If that makes me a xenophobe in some peoples eyes, so be it, but at least I don't have one eye on my bank balance when I make my comments, which is more than can be said about Ortas decisions on transfers in.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)