+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 65 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T - general election 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    No hard feelings roly but still gets his usual dig in at the end
    So he knows what your wage was & that of the Hadfield boys
    Yes, I know that British Steel paid more than Hadfields. It’s not a dig, as you put it; it’s making the point that the TUs set worker upon worker and, in this instance set higher paid worker on lower paid worker. Is that what TUs are supposed to do?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    There is a world of difference between me setting out an argument as to why Labour’s plans would have companies, and jobs and tax revenues queuing up to leave this country and the bold statement that you made that a no deal Brexit would be worse for the country than a Labour government. They would both be disastrous and I would prefer to have neither.
    You've not set anything out. You simply made a series of statements base on your opinion. There is no scientific evidence that says companies will leave if taxation rises above a certain level. There is much more to it.

Yours is no more a researched argument than mine.

At least I qualified my statement as opinion rather than your attempt to try to trot it out as researched fact. These are best guesses at best.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    Only one way to get out of the EU prison and that is to back Boris's deal.No other party wants to back the democratic will of the people and more delay would mean more uncertainty and huge risk of jobs.By trying to offer billions to entice the voters their credibility to govern is losing support.People know, you cannot throw money away like that.We owe it to our kids and grandkids,they would never forgive us if we failed to deliver.
    I agree but hardly anyone in Rotherham will vote Conservatives which is why I will vote Brexit party.

Yes, I know that British Steel paid more than Hadfields. It’s not a dig, as you put it; it’s making the point that the TUs set worker upon worker and, in this instance set higher paid worker on lower paid worker. Is that what TUs are supposed to do?
    No setting higher paid worker on lower paid worker is not what TU's should do, that has always been the job of Tory Governments

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Im be interested to know your understand the Labour policy. I read is as giving workers a 10% stake in big companies. You say above you agree it as a concept. But, against it, well, because Labour is proposing it. Odd.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...big-firms-work
    I'm against what Labour is proposing because it has nothing to do with employee share ownership. Rather than me spell it out for you, I'll leave it to The Guardian and FT:

https://www.theguardian.com/business...hare-ownership

https://www.ft.com/content/60257bcc-...1-d36dfef1b89a

It's a 10% nationalisation and a tax grab. I'm astounded that you haven't spotted it, but maybe it's the rose tinted spectacles?

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    You've not set anything out. You simply made a series of statements base on your opinion. There is no scientific evidence that says companies will leave if taxation rises above a certain level. There is much more to it.

Yours is no more a researched argument than mine.

At least I qualified my statement as opinion rather than your attempt to try to trot it out as researched fact. These are best guesses at best.
    I've made the point that companies will inevitably react to the raft of Labour policies that will make the UK a less attractive place to do business. You surely can’t disagree with that? I have yet to see anyone offer any sort of reasoned response – just statements of blind faith that it won’t happen.
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 24-11-2019 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    No setting higher paid worker on lower paid worker is not what TU's should do, that has always been the job of Tory Governments
    What a daft statement.

What a daft statement.
    As was said earlier "divide & conquer"

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    They were on less money Exile, that didn't stop them waving £5 notes in the air on pay day to antagonize pickets.
    Like I said horrible times.
    Divide and Conquer.
    Left its mark on me those times Frank , stood alongside men who I'd trust with my life , the camaraderie was extraordinary .

It was also the worst of times , the despair and sheer helplessness of it all .

One of the young lads who I work with is fascinated with this shyte , makes me feel like I'm some sort of minor celebrity because I took part in the strike .

He's a great kid , really taken to the lad because he's genuinely interested .

Unimaginable to him that work could lead to that .

I've made the point that companies will inevitably react to the raft of Labour policies that will make the UK a less attractive place to do business. You surely can’t disagree with that? I have yet to see anyone offer any sort of reasoned response – just statements of blind faith that it won’t happen.
    And here's a bit of evidence for you, Wan:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50536205

Page 65 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast