+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumours

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Think Smith has a long way to go to be classed as a championship striker.

Frog if you had a choice between Smith or Moore in the championship. Both were free. Both paid same wage. Which would you choose?
    No contest. Smith is scoring goals in the Championship and has a lot more skill and finesse than Moore, who would struggle at this level.He is a league 1 player at best.

Ian or Ronnie?

Ian was one of Ronnie’s worst signings for us I’m sorry to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    Vyner gets unnecessary stick imo.
    Mattock let’s players get in as many crosses and is probably no better player than Vyner.
    Not you personally Brin but we never give players enough time at Rotherham.

Start of last season people were saying Rodak is rubbish then couldn’t wait to sign him back up.
    I am with you 100% on that one Botn.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    No contest. Smith is scoring goals in the Championship and has a lot more skill and finesse than Moore, who would struggle at this level.He is a league 1 player at best.
    I agree. I like moore. He had that purple patch and always puts a shift in. But I do think teams worked him/us out towards the end. Ironically, we seemed to improve when he was out injured. I was, to say the least, unimpressed when we signed Smith. Let us just remember, this was a bloke who couldn't get on the bench at Bury. Bury were marooned at the foot of the table!! Lesson learned for me: Don't pre judge a player.

Smith/Smithy/Smudge/Smudger whatever the feck we call him, has been an absolute revelation. By god, he earns his money. There was an incident on new years day which encapsulated smith. He harried and chased down a defender and blocked the clearance. The ball ricocheted towards, what we all thought was, a goal kick. But it hit the corner flag and stayed in. Smithy saw this and got the ball, turned and then, with absolute aplomb, nutmegged the very same defender before crossing the ball. Absolute magic.

In summary, I'd like to see smith and moore together in a millers shirt, but if I have ti choose one, then its smith/smithy/smudge/smudger. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    We’re interested in Jamie Ness (Plymouth)
    could be a monster of a player for us

HITC Transfer News

@HITCdeadlineday
    Follow Follow @HITCdeadlineday
    More
    Transfer news: Reading and Rotherham chase Donervon Daniels #readingfc #rfc #championship #rotherhamunitedfc #rufc

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    HITC Transfer News

@HITCdeadlineday
    Follow Follow @HITCdeadlineday
    More
    Transfer news: Reading and Rotherham chase Donervon Daniels #readingfc #rfc #championship #rotherhamunitedfc #rufc
    Really? He’s hardly played for 2 years through injury.

I thought that as well Pip. Don't shoot the messenger...

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Really? He’s hardly played for 2 years through injury.
    We won't need to chase him very hard then!

I think some of us need to take a step back, we can only compete in a certain part of the transfer market and yes that sometimes means taking a risk on a player that may have a bit of a injury hit past or totally unproven. Prime example of this is Jayden Stockley who is a league 2 striker that’s having a decent season, so you would like to think we might be interested in but if you weren’t a Rotherham fan who would you choose? And for me that’s end of conversation. We will be taking a few risks and hopefully nabbing a premier league youngster because beyond that we just simply can not compete in this leagues transfer market. We all want the best for our club but year on year we do not compete at this level so a bit of realism is needed. Any player that’s coming to the championship from the lower leagues has us at 24th choice unfortunately that’s the reality. (At maybe the exception of Bolton due to finances)

Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast