+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Wedding

BT a Tory now that’s novel. His mentor Jeremy would prefer the massive expenditure on a May Day parade in Red Square. China or N Korea where people who don’t applaud get locked up and lots of the crowd will report you to the police for misdemeanours they allege you have done - when really they just don’t like you.
    Power to the people!!???? Not!!

Back to the thread
    Happy days and a self assured performance.
    Name:  778D7A24-D006-4009-AC13-B342526E5C4B.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  9.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    If she's black I'm Japanese.
    BT
    はずれ (hazure) - that means wrong

In the US, people have used the hashtag #BlackRoyalWedding and welcomed the diverse feeling of the wedding. Top terms tweeted were "gospel choir", "Sheku Kanneh-Mason" and "Martin Luther King"

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "It is reckoned, extra government supplied security is another £100 million down the drain..."

It's a welcome boost to the economy surely isn't it ? We've had enough of austerity, overtime for hundreds of police and military boosting their spending power, tourists spending in the shops, cafes and restaurants, this is what a thriving, buoyant economy looks like, this is how it works, prosperity being spread all round.

Only a miserable, penny-pinching Tory could moan about the economics of a day like today, is that really you BT ?
    I noticed the wealth was generated in the South East of England yet again. "Prosperity being spread all around"?

If you really believe that sinkov you are as thick as their elderflower wedding cake.

Yet another bumper pay day for London, when we have perfectly suitable cathedrals and castles in the North of England.

Noticeable by their absence was the presence of Windsor's! rough sleepers and homeless. Let's all pretend we live in a fairy story?

American third rate actress marries handsome warrior prince and live happily ever on the back of the gullible and downtrodden British taxpayer. Ye Gods!

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Back to the thread
    Happy days and a self assured performance.
    Name:  778D7A24-D006-4009-AC13-B342526E5C4B.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  9.7 KB
    Congratulations to the married couple, a self assured performance from an American actress, but this is what a black woman actually looks like...

Attachment 9538

Gorgeous too!

[QUOTE=oldcolner;38896305][QUOTE=The Bedlington Terrier;38896281]It cost the taxpayer £30million just to pay for the wedding.

It is reckoned, extra government supplied security is another £100 million down the drain...

You are a misery BT and as ever open to one side of a debate. 2 billion people saw this and lots came to Britain for it. Do the maths!
    You may well be right OC! I spent the whole day at a Labour Party Forum Conference discussing real issues with real people. I got home and the child bride said I am a miserable old curmudgeon and should have spent the day glued to the television watching a third rate American soap actress get hitched to a British military helicopter pilot.

Not at all sure how 2 billion people watching a staged wedding benefits me one bit. My wife said Windsor was jam packed with tourists, not sure how that benefits me either?

I've done the maths, a lot of money was generated for the people of the South East of England, not sure how that benefits me either.

I will however take on board your boundless joy and check my pension calculations and wage packet to see just how much I am personally better off.

I noticed the wealth was generated in the South East of England yet again. "Prosperity being spread all around"?

If you really believe that sinkov you are as thick as their elderflower wedding cake.

Yet another bumper pay day for London, when we have perfectly suitable cathedrals and castles in the North of England.

Noticeable by their absence was the presence of Windsor's! rough sleepers and homeless. Let's all pretend we live in a fairy story?

American third rate actress marries handsome warrior prince and live happily ever on the back of the gullible and downtrodden British taxpayer. Ye Gods!
    Let me know when the rate of income tax is increased to pay for this joyous, happy event. I won't be holding my breath. So now both public spending and wealth generation are a bad thing ? And what's wrong with the South East ? Eton College might be in the area but it's not the toffs working in the cafes, bars, restaurants and shops in the area who gain from the employment provided by the wealth generated from events such as these, not to mention the income tax and NI paid on said employment, or the VAT generated by the spending, or the business rates collected as businesses prosper. It's just the ordinary working people of the area, and also those dependent on public services, who benefit as the money and tax receipts roll in. But you Labour chappies never are that strong on economics are you, this country has had plenty of evidence of that, just strong on envy, hypocrisy, bile, virtue-signalling and a grossly misplaced assumption of smug moral superiority.

Anyway you miserable, old lefty fart, get out in the sunshine, get some ale down your neck, toast the Royal couple and get out of your fantasy lefty utopian bubble for a while, have a day off in the real world with the rest of us, just for a change like.

Just been watching a re-run of some of the ceremony, just to keep Mrs S onside, I know what's good for me. Bloody hell, that American pastor went on a bit didn't he, I'd eaten a bowl of cornflakes and my Craster kippers and he was still going on. How Brenda and the Duke stopped awake I'll never know. Sense of duty I suppose, HM will never let us down, you can guarantee that in an uncertain world. I'm not religious at all but God bless her, she's an absolute diamond.

[QUOTE=The Bedlington Terrier;38896568][QUOTE=oldcolner;38896305]
    It cost the taxpayer £30million just to pay for the wedding.

It is reckoned, extra government supplied security is another £100 million down the drain...

You may well be right OC! I spent the whole day at a Labour Party Forum Conference discussing real issues with real people. I got home and the child bride said I am a miserable old curmudgeon and should have spent the day glued to the television watching a third rate American soap actress get hitched to a British military helicopter pilot.

Not at all sure how 2 billion people watching a staged wedding benefits me one bit. My wife said Windsor was jam packed with tourists, not sure how that benefits me either?

I've done the maths, a lot of money was generated for the people of the South East of England, not sure how that benefits me either.

I will however take on board your boundless joy and check my pension calculations and wage packet to see just how much I am personally better off.
    Child bride with an 88 year old father? Wow!
    This wasn’t arranged to benefit you personally BT. However as the 40 million tourists to the country each year generates around £2bn a month that helps pay off our Labour debts and maybe reduce the tax take. Having 2 billion watching means more will want to come to Britain.
    Doubt many will come to Bolton, but they may come to Burnley given our status in the PL. lol

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Just been watching a re-run of some of the ceremony, just to keep Mrs S onside, I know what's good for me. Bloody hell, that American pastor went on a bit didn't he, I'd eaten a bowl of cornflakes and my Craster kippers and he was still going on. How Brenda and the Duke stopped awake I'll never know. Sense of duty I suppose, HM will never let us down, you can guarantee that in an uncertain world. I'm not religious at all but God bless her, she's an absolute diamond.
    Yes I lost the will in the Fire and a few in the congregation were smirking, but having read his words I suppose he is right - Fire generates electricity which drives the internet. What that has do with the wedding I’m not sure. I gather Welby teased him later over the time he took - supposed to be 6 mins, but he went down a storm with some especially BAME cultures.
    If only the Queen had smiled a bit more, but she’s definitely a rock.sounds like BT needs to smile a bit more too, but Being in Labour all the the time must be very painful and can lead to piles.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)