+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Csaba Laszlo - should he go now (Yes or No)

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    There was an emergency board meeting called yesterday as it happens...

Don't get our hopes up!

Would give the fan base a lift, if you watch the Barry Robson interview with si ferry he talks about United a lot, knows that we are some club but that when he had came back people are moping about, the atmosphere about the club isn't right and it clearly gets to him, he has a great attitude and is a winner, would like to see him as United manager

The place needs a lift that only a proper manager can give us, a Tommy Wright type

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Don't get our hopes up!

Would give the fan base a lift, if you watch the Barry Robson interview with si ferry he talks about United a lot, knows that we are some club but that when he had came back people are moping about, the atmosphere about the club isn't right and it clearly gets to him, he has a great attitude and is a winner, would like to see him as United manager

The place needs a lift that only a proper manager can give us, a Tommy Wright type
    Agree with that. Big tam for me

This is an unbelievable situation.. A manager who treats cup games as friendlies.. Me as a fan, I get pissed off when we loose real friendlies. I want united to go out and win any match.. Has to be the case, winning mentality cant be switched on and off.. Shabba emptied the whole squad but i think we are about to find out it wasnt entirely the squad that was the problem..

BTW Barry Robson a cracking shout imo. He is a natural leader, give him a shot, we have nothing to loose..

Quote Originally Posted by ArabSurfer View Post
    This is an unbelievable situation.. A manager who treats cup games as friendlies.. Me as a fan, I get pissed off when we loose real friendlies. I want united to go out and win any match.. Has to be the case, winning mentality cant be switched on and off.. Shabba emptied the whole squad but i think we are about to find out it wasnt entirely the squad that was the problem..

BTW Barry Robson a cracking shout imo. He is a natural leader, give him a shot, we have nothing to loose..
    Always worry about ex -players coming back to manage It always seems to go pear shaped . Robson might change that but rather have an experienced man at the helm .

He should have went at end of last season but since he's signed so many players we kinda need to give him a chance in the league. we cant give him too long though, 5 games max.

All new players but still ****e from what i've seen (two games) exact same pish as before

Have my doubts about it being an emergency meeting that took place. If there is a plan in place then they should all be on the same page and therefore no need for the meeting.

If MM is standing by his man, it may be that Shabba has asked that those on a shoogly peg be moved on sooner, rather than later for more players to be brought in.

I had heard that too from a few dif people and my dad heard it from some merchants as well.
    Hopefully it was to discuss how much rope to give Csaba before he is kicked out the club.

His comments about the cup, while it is true we shouldn't give a flying f**k about any cups this season, really does not help to motivate the fans. Makes me question my sanity for being booked up on the bus to go through to Elgin, other than it is a ground I have never been to before and not likely ever going to get to again.

I have **never** been this depressed, unhappy and lacking in motivation prior to a new season in near 40 years, with the snake gone it should have been cause for optimism, but that clown has just sapped all the enjoyment away

I'm afraid I don't support this having disregard for the cups, this or any other season. Whilst the Premier League is really our targeted bread and butter, we are never going to win it again, or at least it is extremely unlikely. Top 6 is our realistic standard. Major success will be winning either the Scottish or League Cups. With a good draw, a good run and a bit of good fortune, we have as much chance as anyone outside the Old Firm (excepting these last 2-3 seasons).

The day I feel disregard for either of the two major cups is the day I give up on United. The Cups give me the greatest pleasure, especially when we progress to the next round and then the anticipation of the draw for the next round. This is why I am really dismayed at Shabba's statements that this season's group stages of the League Cup have been treated as pre-season games to get the team fit, etc. Do I believe him? Absolutely not. I believe his statements are nothing more than an excuse for poor performances when expectations were high for far greater delivery. The poor home crowds will spill over to the League campaign if things do not improve immediately. He is under a lot of pressure. I for one will not be going to watch the same crap that I have endured over the past 2-3 seasons. Time is not on Shabba's side.

Ram, normally I would agree about the sentiment with the cups, as I have always loved a good cup run, especially with some of the away days out of it I have had over the years.

But if it is a choice of cup runs or getting promoted (and going out in the 1st cup games), I will put aside any love for the cups for that.

Granted it's probably a very slim chance of promotion this season anyway

In my opinion the SPFL have devalued the League Cup by having it start in mid July. Why? What's the purpose of this? Couldn't these group games be played midweek early season? I just don't get it.

It certainly has Terry. Thats why i cany get over bothered about it. Dont get me wrong it pisses me off but the group stages are too early. However it seems to suggest Laszlo is still indeed pish. He will be given first 9 league games i reckon and maybe we will be bang at it

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)