+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Gaffer

Somebody on twitter mentioned Tony Docherty, no a bad shout in meh opinion

Quote Originally Posted by chayirbazov View Post
    Somebody on twitter mentioned Tony Docherty, no a bad shout in meh opinion
    ****in hell. A guy that puts out cones for a living. We need a proven manager. Not an up n comer. Not an assistant who's never been a manager before. We are well & truly up **** creek if we get this wrong.

I think we will go doon the auld players path again with Jim and Doddsie,the way the latter spoke today on Radio Scotland my impression was they have already been contacted,i could well be wrong but that's way it sounded.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I think we will go doon the auld players path again with Jim and Doddsie,the way the latter spoke today on Radio Scotland my impression was they have already been contacted,i could well be wrong but that's way it sounded.
    Unfortunately i think ur absolutely correct.

I'm no expert but I'd go McIntyre. The ex player hoodoo has to end somewhere. We had a Hampden Hoodoo as well, but the Final Hurdle was eventually jumped. Why McIntrye - because he has vastly more experience now and looks a better option than most of the candidates available. Had Ross County playing some excellent stuff, saying that I don't know where and why it went wrong for him there.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I'm no expert but I'd go McIntyre. The ex player hoodoo has to end somewhere. We had a Hampden Hoodoo as well, but the Final Hurdle was eventually jumped. Why McIntrye - because he has vastly more experience now and looks a better option than most of the candidates available. Had Ross County playing some excellent stuff, saying that I don't know where and why it went wrong for him there.
    According to their chairman McGregor it was the chemistry that was all wrong and they had a shocking home record apart from a 6-2 victory in the cup against a lower league team. .I Honestly dont know if they are the right men for the job,what you need to remember is McGregor is a multi millionaire who has Ross County playing 1 perhaps 2 league's above their station 2 years ago they were all but down until the chairman intervened and signed 11 players in January to save their season.
    Jim and Billy only need to look at our last January business to see we weaken in that window not strengthen,its Stephen Thompson they have to deal with now not Roy McGregor,chalk and FN cheese,one of them loves his club and will do anything to keep them in the Premiership and the other is looking to cash in on any player worth 50K and above.

Klop or Koeman? Could be looking for job come Monday. No wanting thon coxseeno or whatever

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Unfortunately i think ur absolutely correct.
    Agree,and Billy D has 100% record as a manager we us.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    According to their chairman McGregor it was the chemistry that was all wrong and they had a shocking home record apart from a 6-2 victory in the cup against a lower league team. .I Honestly dont know if they are the right men for the job,what you need to remember is McGregor is a multi millionaire who has Ross County playing 1 perhaps 2 league's above their station 2 years ago they were all but down until the chairman intervened and signed 11 players in January to save their season.
    Jim and Billy only need to look at our last January business to see we weaken in that window not strengthen,its Stephen Thompson they have to deal with now not Roy McGregor,chalk and FN cheese,one of them loves his club and will do anything to keep them in the Premiership and the other is looking to cash in on any player worth 50K and above.
    Yeah, I was aware about McGregor etc as I follow the Scottish scene online as much as possible. It just seems to me from the list of realistic candidates McIntyre might have the right blend of knowledge of the leagues there plus growing experience based on learning from mistakes he made. Dunno.
    Certainly at one point he had them playing great football and I seem to recall one Michael Gardyne fitting into his system very well (among others). And he won the League Cup with them did he not?

From the list of available who would you go for GB?
    Last edited by stokearab; 22-10-2017 at 05:09 PM. Reason: FTD always and forever

Arab_Plumber who would be your realistic choice to take over?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)