+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: QUESTION: Do we have the quality to get automatic promotion?

From me the question is have we got the consistency to maintain the form to get an automatic promotion place and the simple answer is at the moment no.

This squad won what was it 8 or 9 games from the first ten? We were comfortably in the automatic promotion places and had a seven point gap over 4th place at one stage.

Now we are 4 points off automatic.

I don’t doubt we’ve got the minerals as it’s the same players who performed so well early on in the season, it’s just that we have suffered a dip in form which needs to be addressed.

It’s about trying to recreate that early season form. Do that and we have a very good chance. 13 games is a lot of football and points up for grabs. We must take the opportunity and not worry about any other teams results.

I pity anyone who was getting carried away when we were in 2nd for so long. You have to sustain winning form over 46 games and we started to slow down a couple of months ago. Some teams will now put big winning runs together to finish in the top 3 and top 7. We've got to grind out enough points to clinch a play-off place and anything can happen over 2 legs or a one-off final. There's still hope but posters are right about picking up a free agent striker now Bennett is out

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Why are we all so negative when we should be full of the joys of promotion
    ....because our current form is, at best, mid~table....whilst teams like Wycombe, Accy, Mansfield and even Swindon are all suddenly getting into gear for the run~in.....I am not normally a pessimist, but we need to put a few back~to~back wins together, but I just cannot see it happening judging by the game I watched today

If Grant and Alless can suddenly hit some form, or Shola can keep fit....then possibly, just possibly, we can hold onto 5th place

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    From me the question is have we got the consistency to maintain the form to get an automatic promotion place and the simple answer is at the moment no.

This squad won what was it 8 or 9 games from the first ten? We were comfortably in the automatic promotion places and had a seven point gap over 4th place at one stage.

Now we are 4 points off automatic.

I don’t doubt we’ve got the minerals as it’s the same players who performed so well early on in the season, it’s just that we have suffered a dip in form which needs to be addressed.

It’s about trying to recreate that early season form. Do that and we have a very good chance. 13 games is a lot of football and points up for grabs. We must take the opportunity and not worry about any other teams results.
    Correct Stags, Accy & Wycombe will not win all their games they will have a sticky patch, we must battle our way through ours picking up points. After the Cambridge game we are back to one game a week meaning Shola & Steady plus the lads who have been ill etc will be able to get backin shape. All is not lost we just need to keep the faith & get back to doing what wedid before Xmas.

No chance
    Poor at Barnet poor today
    Promotion teams win at tbese places
    Not enough qjuality

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    No. The truth is we probably never did have, but I was hoping the transfer window would mean we got the necessary quality in to get us up. Unfortunately that was a bit of a disaster which has made us worse.
    I have to agree. Considering our position at the start of January the lack cojones in the window was a major blunder. Never mind all chat about this player did this and that agent did the that, it was a cock up (or a lack of resources?)

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    Correct Stags, Accy & Wycombe will not win all their games they will have a sticky patch, we must battle our way through ours picking up points. After the Cambridge game we are back to one game a week meaning Shola & Steady plus the lads who have been ill etc will be able to get backin shape. All is not lost we just need to keep the faith & get back to doing what wedid before Xmas.
    All teams go through a bad patch at the top.Accy have had theirs Nov/Dec.Wycombe & Stags started the campaign slow/sluggish & now seemed to have clicked.The only consolation is we have to play all 3,2 at ML.
    I think the FA Cup run could end up feckin up the season.At the start of the season you dream of getting promoted not how far you can go in the cup.OK we have made a few bob out of it from tv but going for automatic promotion,the gates being higher towards the end would subsidize that side.
    The spin dr has gone quiet recently.

Once Grant starts scoring again he'll carry you over the line. However if this is now par for the course and not a blip, then it's a tall credit to how big a player Yates was.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Why are we all so negative when we should be full of the joys of promotion

Do you have to try hard to be such a plonker or does it come naturally ?

answer to the question is obviously no at present.

Quote Originally Posted by garibaldi View Post
    Once Grant starts scoring again he'll carry you over the line. However if this is now par for the course and not a blip, then it's a tall credit to how big a player Yates was.
    Yeah, the only players ever to have an influence at Notts County were from Forest, FACT. Maybe you could call them both back and sort out your bag of ****e.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast