+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 30 of 922 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130530 ... LastLast

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    1. Sovereignty- Over the past few decades, a series of EU treaties have shifted a growing amount of power from individual member states to the central EU bureaucracy in Brussels. On subjects where the EU has been granted authority — like competition policy, agriculture, and copyright and patent law — EU rules override national laws.
    2.Stupid regulations on industry- (I know I have had to deal with it). Ridiculous ones like you cant recycle t bags lol
    3. Anti democratic giving too much power to corporate elites. How does this effect me? Easy, it allows monopoly of services that I need. TTIP read up on it.
    4.The Euro. Yes before you say it, I know we don't have it. But other EU countries do and it's been a disaster which takes money from my pocket and away from services which I could enjoy. All prescriptions and education should be free. It has also caused mass unemployment in Greece/Italy/Spain/Portugal which they are over here seeking jobs. This effects me in many ways.
    5. Free movement- The UK absorbed 333,000 new people, on net, in 2015. That’s a significant number for a country Britain’s size, though according to the CIA the UK still received slightly fewer net migrants, relative to population, than the United States in 2015.
    In effect its harder to see a doctor/dentist/get a hospital appointment/ even house prices.
    6. Money sent from this country, to upgrade the likes of Hungary/Romania etc. Does this effect me? Yes it does, because the EU is subsidising companies to uproot and shift to east european countries, thus making them money at the cost of our jobs. Exploitation of cheap labour. Had it happen to me twice now.

Is that a starter for you?

You seem desperate to pick out things that support the massive gamble that is Brexit!

1. Sovereignty - thats been done to death and still cant see how its been a disbenefit personally. there are many Uk laws and regulations of which equally the same could be said.
    2. Ditto - equally as many Uk regulations that are stupid and just put the T bags in your compost heap!
    3. How is Brexit going to take way the power of the corporate elites????
    4. No the Euro hasn't caused mass unemployment, it was the 2008 financial crash that caused that! Would those countries have been better able to cope outside the Euro? Perhaps but not an easy question to answer - how the Euro has taken money out of your pocket and how you arrive that view is puzzling to say the least.
    5. free movement has been a boost to UK's GDP - so whatever the costs the benefits financially and in keeping services in the UK going far exceeds the costs so your better off - now it was the UK government using that growth to finance tax cuts, rather than use the money to fund services such as NHS schools etc not the EU.
    6. So the outsourcing of jobs to china and India etc. that has been going on for decades is less than the movements you mention? In a global economy thats what happens its not the Eu's fault and wont stop with Brexit, after all it was you championing the fact that Boeing were going to locate factories here, that some poor American's jobs being taken then - again Eu investment has created jobs and most econoists view is that the balance is in the Uk's favour, of course there will be winners and losers but thats the name of the game.
    7. Ah you've been scouring the likes of the Daily mail and the express for so called facts - I can't see whats wrong with the Human Rights Act - the more nations all obey the same rules the better the world will be and its not surprising there are more foreign nationals in jail, there are more living here, but again you have to balance that against the net income they have generated here.

I think you will have to try harder!

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    missed one
    7. Crime- a 240 per cent rise in EU convicts filing our jails at the cost to the taxpayer of £150million.
    Regretably I can confirm this happens in the Balearics, where my in-laws have had to adopt an almost seige mentality to avoid property crime which has soared since the Eastern European states have been allowed free access. The local paper makes depressing reading, the vast majority of crime of all sorts is committed by Eastern European nationals.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    You seem desperate to pick out things that support the massive gamble that is Brexit!

1. Sovereignty - thats been done to death and still cant see how its been a disbenefit personally. there are many Uk laws and regulations of which equally the same could be said.
    2. Ditto - equally as many Uk regulations that are stupid and just put the T bags in your compost heap!
    3. How is Brexit going to take way the power of the corporate elites????
    4. No the Euro hasn't caused mass unemployment, it was the 2008 financial crash that caused that! Would those countries have been better able to cope outside the Euro? Perhaps but not an easy question to answer - how the Euro has taken money out of your pocket and how you arrive that view is puzzling to say the least.
    5. free movement has been a boost to UK's GDP - so whatever the costs the benefits financially and in keeping services in the UK going far exceeds the costs so your better off - now it was the UK government using that growth to finance tax cuts, rather than use the money to fund services such as NHS schools etc not the EU.
    6. So the outsourcing of jobs to china and India etc. that has been going on for decades is less than the movements you mention? In a global economy thats what happens its not the Eu's fault and wont stop with Brexit, after all it was you championing the fact that Boeing were going to locate factories here, that some poor American's jobs being taken then - again Eu investment has created jobs and most econoists view is that the balance is in the Uk's favour, of course there will be winners and losers but thats the name of the game.
    7. Ah you've been scouring the likes of the Daily mail and the express for so called facts - I can't see whats wrong with the Human Rights Act - the more nations all obey the same rules the better the world will be and its not surprising there are more foreign nationals in jail, there are more living here, but again you have to balance that against the net income they have generated here.

I think you will have to try harder!
    Jesus Swale, if someone hit you with an argument in cast iron, you'd deny it.
    1. Sovereignty is important. The country itself decides what it wants, not some arsewipe of a bureaucrat in Brussels.
    2. The tea bag example was in the same vein as angrys banana example. Paper trails and rule writers have made it, that if you wrote all the regs down on A4 paper, it would stretch for 130 miles end to end. They employ 1000's of paper shufflers and move this circus between two cities just to pacify the French costing millions a year.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ng-circus.html
    3. The EU is negotiating with these elites for gain. Things TTIP, will effect the NHS, badly. That bothers me. It should you as well.
    4. The Euro has caused mass unemployment. It brought up the standard of living for economies not ready for it and unable to get into the black. Hence Greece for one. Buying goods they could ill afford and the debt crash destroying the economy and jobs.
    They are now caught in a cycle of austerity, and their bollox gripped by Germany, firmly.
    5. Given a boost to UK GDP at what price? Cheap labour to exploit to make individuals richer. Our young will go the way of the crappy countries in the EU soon. Unskilled/lost/and unemployed. They struggle to get a job and gain experience, because an east European is prepared to work for less and is experienced. If you believe that's good long term for this country, then god help you.
    I have interviewed loads of youngsters in tears, trying to get a job.
    The same problem of free movement is hitting these kids. Schools over stretched and so education suffers.
    6. Out sourcing? The EU gives grants to these ****ty countries to get our factorys over there. Why? Because they want their unified Continent under one flag. Its part of the plan.
    7. I read and gather my info from every where. You obviously don't and probably believe Camerons hand book of the glorious EU.
    8. You ignored crime. It has and is still rising. Are you aware that 9% of the prison population is Polish alone? Half of foreign nation prisoners, are east european. Romania enjoying a 3,882 drop in prisoner figures since it joined the EU. Latvia’s prison numbers have fallen by 3,092 while Poland’s have decreased by 2,997.
    You may think it's OK but I don't, especially as people have died in this country at the hands of known criminals who have slipped in because they can.
    Try telling the families of them how wonder it is. Not that you'll take that on board anyway Swale. I take comfort in the fact that your opinion on here is the minority. The vote tells me, That would be about right.

No point trying harder. None so blind as those that won't see.

lot of remainers were led up garden path as well by ex chancellor and big city bosses only lying to line own pockets the vote was more than about leaving europe it was standing up to arrogance and the elite saying we dont care about what you think . i think swale you should stop look listen for a change as were all laughing at your arrogance mate . you sound just like a city banker who signs himself off a giant bonus then walks past homeless people in street without a word remember what has happened to elite from times gone past and i think our new prime minister realised change must happen or face consequences .

Sorry...been on a flight back to the dear old UK...despite those lovely Brexiteers who would have me leave for voting 'Remain'.
    Think Swale has answered all Tricky's points probably better than me. Struggling to see any link between the Euro and free prescriptions and education tbh, anyway the Welsh already have them I believe and still voted 'Leave'.
    The original question to Ramspride was, what are these examples of us being 'ruled by Brussels' in day to day life.
    So far we've got Angry's 'bananas'...and Eastern European criminals. As regards the latter, might it not be better to be part of some sort of 'joined up' Euro policing project to deal with that issue instead of adopting a policy of isolationism. Taking account of what AF suggests and the apparently increasing presence of the Russian Mafia in Berlin - entirely un-EU related btw - it's not as if it's only our problem after all.

health and saftey laws are entirely brussels written . any criminal we want to deport can appeal to european court of justice and so on

perhaps you shold ask google facebook etc of brussels poking noses into everything they do

i have to say despite differences of opinion its good hearted banter on the whole .and lets just remember one thing swale were still out despite your moaning and groaning

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Sorry...been on a flight back to the dear old UK...despite those lovely Brexiteers who would have me leave for voting 'Remain'.
    Think Swale has answered all Tricky's points probably better than me. Struggling to see any link between the Euro and free prescriptions and education tbh, anyway the Welsh already have them I believe and still voted 'Leave'.
    The original question to Ramspride was, what are these examples of us being 'ruled by Brussels' in day to day life.
    So far we've got Angry's 'bananas'...and Eastern European criminals. As regards the latter, might it not be better to be part of some sort of 'joined up' Euro policing project to deal with that issue instead of adopting a policy of isolationism. Taking account of what AF suggests and the apparently increasing presence of the Russian Mafia in Berlin - entirely un-EU related btw - it's not as if it's only our problem after all.
    Ramanag, we've drifted off the main point again.

Cut away all the crap thrown in here.
    The plan was/is/will be -

A UNITED STATES of EUROPE.

One continental state, made up of states( countries) just like America.
    Except where as the USA votes on it's president and party. We'd get a Politburo of bureaucrats.
    We may have representatives in Brussels, but they'd be as powerful as USSR's or China's was/is.

I chose not to accept that. I'll continue to fight for the next generation of this country and protect it's heritage. They want to strip it, but not on my watch.

EU rules and principles has plunged economic chaos on some countries and incited racial tensions. It has also allowed terrorism into it's front garden.

**** that, I'M OUT.

Drifted off 'your' main point again maybe, Tricky.
    What or who are you protecting our heritage from exactly? All the customs and traditions that I grew up with still seem to be around or at least the one's worth preserving.
    Maybe Chicken Tikka Masala is the new national dish...nothing to do with the EU. Thankfully fox hunting has been outlawed...nothing to do with the EU...but by and large the things that are quintessentially British are still present just as the things that are specific to France, Germany, Spain or Italy are still in evidence.
    I'm not and have never said that everything about the EU is perfect. Mistakes have been made and there's things I'd change but give me an example - preferably more than one - of how our 'heritage' is being 'stripped' away on a day to day basis by the EU. How have the EU diluted our culture? Where's your evidence?

Page 30 of 922 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130530 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)