+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT/ football and the Environment

OT/ football and the Environment

The last post i put on here was to highlight the terrific work by Forest Green Rovers and their relationship with the environment. Now its well done Doncaster Rovers on doing a no brainer and reducing their carbon footprint and their running costs.

Understanding the business relationship with the environment is no brainer but very rarely understood. it is often seen as a green tax on business. When in reality over the long term DRFC will have more money to spend on players.

http://insights.hyperionsearch.co.uk...and-renewables

Considering what the club badge is it'd make more sense for us to get a wind turbine down at NYS!

I'm sure when the plans first came out that NYS was to have solar panels in the west stand roof. Did that ever happen? Something about generating its own lighting. I could be wrong...

I would think he will know all about the environmental options being in the lighting business.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Considering what the club badge is it'd make more sense for us to get a wind turbine down at NYS!

equally as appropriate.
    There is of course an up front capital investment in solar (or turbine) so i can understand that costs need to be managed. that said the cost of solar now compared to when the stadium was build is a significantly different so the pay back times are not as long.

its also cost effective to generate electricity and sell it back to the grid. so
    supporting the environment
    making a profit
    improving the performance potential of the club
    and not a tree hugger in sight

We generate enough hot air on here to heat Wembley

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    We generate enough hot air on here to heat Wembley

is this the royal we?