+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 36 of 69 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Mac Fun Boss

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Yup we have a few loan players,most teams do that are struggling(did you not start 3 last game?)
    As I said we are both underachieving,our budget is top 6 in the league yet here we are in 11th,you boys have prob had the best budget in all of your 3 seasons in the fizzy pop yet are still there in 3rd and not clear at the top where you should be.
    Both down to bad choices of manager and we now have new managers trying to rectify it.As for crowds,these figures bore me as if I,m honest I,m amazed we get any more than a couple of thousand due to decades of mismanagement and yoyoing between leagues.
    Ask yourself this if in 3 years time,you are still in the lower leagues and the yank has upped and left do you think your crowds will be the same??Your club like most have lost fans due to a number of reasons,I think your main one was Stephen Thompson and the lack of bigger games.We had a 7 year jolly without the luxury of play offs so you lads are fortunate in this change.Think about it rationally for once without your obvious hatred of dundee fc(i get that by the way)

How many of our January signings were loans and how many permanent?

Sorry but you only got promotion after so many years because of rangers going bust which led to your second promotion as you had a team ready for the championship when you went back down and it was a very very weak division in 2013/14

Of course I hate dfc, just like most dees hate utd, what I dislike most is the utter bull**** that had been spouted for years by your fans, even on the surface more sensible ones like your still dribble shyte tbh

On crowds, ours held up fine during relegation and after, only showing a real drop of about 1k on our first season down after Csaba the clowns reign of hell on top of the stuff with Thompson, unlike yourselves we have never needed derbies to turn out for games, especially in the top flight where we had excellent averages for years without derbies, we had proper big games and big game atmospheres with various clubs home and away

Let's not compare, dundee were an SPL club for 7 years from 1998-2005, lets talk facts, you averaged 2700 in 1997 in the second tier, then 6000-6500 in the first two years back in the SPL (despite derbies and big away supports from the old firm etc), suddenly lots of fans jumped on the bonetti bandwagon and crawled out from under their rocks when your averages actually got to an ok level for 2-3 years at the 7000-7500 mark (big jump in 4 years but we were the glory hunters.... ), then admin one and relegation from 2003-2005 they dropped back down to 6000ish, then first season down you were averaging 3500ish, deserted in your droves very quickly not over time

That's not what had happened with us, we went down and still averaged well over 6k, and yes Csaba and results he had have saw a drop but nothing overly significant, still regularly getting more home fans in than go to dens

For years we were told if roles were reversed we would have worse crowds or if Dundee got up we'd see who the big team were, it was all havers, we won't know unless it happens what crowds we may get in each scanario but so far predictions in the past about "if this or that happened to United they'd not get half the crowds we get" have been well wide of the mark, and the reality seems to be you have no big games that your fans get up for (or turnout for I should say) at home unless we are the opposition

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post

Sorry but you only got promotion after so many years because of rangers going bust which led to your second promotion as you had a team ready for the championship when you went back down and it was a very very weak division in 2013/14

Of course I hate dfc, just like most dees hate utd, what I dislike most is the utter bull**** that had been spouted for years by your fans, even on the surface more sensible ones like your still dribble shyte tbh

On crowds, ours held up fine during relegation and after, only showing a real drop of about 1k on our first season down after Csaba the clowns reign of hell on top of the stuff with Thompson, unlike yourselves we have never needed derbies to turn out for games, especially in the top flight where we had excellent averages for years without derbies, we had proper big games and big game atmospheres with various clubs home and away

Let's not compare, dundee were an SPL club for 7 years from 1998-2005, lets talk facts, you averaged 2700 in 1997 in the second tier, then 6000-6500 in the first two years back in the SPL (despite derbies and big away supports from the old firm etc), suddenly lots of fans jumped on the bonetti bandwagon and crawled out from under their rocks when your averages actually got to an ok level for 2-3 years at the 7000-7500 mark (big jump in 4 years but we were the glory hunters.... ), then admin one and relegation from 2003-2005 they dropped back down to 6000ish, then first season down you were averaging 3500ish, deserted in your droves very quickly not over time

That's not what had happened with us, we went down and still averaged well over 6k, and yes Csaba and results he had have saw a drop but nothing overly significant, still regularly getting more home fans in than go to dens

For years we were told if roles were reversed we would have worse crowds or if Dundee got up we'd see who the big team were, it was all havers, we won't know unless it happens what crowds we may get in each scanario but so far predictions in the past about "if this or that happened to United they'd not get half the crowds we get" have been well wide of the mark, and the reality seems to be you have no big games that your fans get up for (or turnout for I should say) at home unless we are the opposition
    Agree your crowds have held up quite well ...but I think even you would have to admit the play offs make it an unfair comparison...given that both years your season would've been over a good bit before the end if it was win only

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post

Says a lot that the majority of your post is about attendances,you regulary spout pish on here and your own fans have said on numerous occasions.
    You like to deal in facts well here is the deal.In my lifetime united have won ALL their major honours,we have won 1.United have had great cup runs and euro adventures,we have had scraps.Am I jealous of what dabs my age have saw and the euro trips?hell ye.
    But the clubs as a whole(all time not just when you got decent).
    We have played in front of more home fans that united EVER will.
    We have played in front of more fans in a game than united EVER will
    There has been 1 derby at a neautral ground dundee fc received the home end and outnumbered united fans.
    We have not won a trophy for over 40 years
    United did not win a major honour for 70..
    Moral of the story.. we can all spin figures,cup wins etc but its all history.The fact our crowds have been lower than uniteds for years is due to what I said earlier your club has been far more successful in the last 40 years than my club.Im sure if we compare figures when we were the dominant team and you were in div 2 for most of the time our crowds were far better.
    Would I rather had it the other way around of course I would and would love to have witnessed the cup wins and euro trips some of your fans have.
    As the song says born too late.
    Now shedka you have a great day in paisley,canna beat a good cup away day(its been a while) and ease aff the hatred!!
    I do hate united but just no as bitter as you.

Says a lot that the majority of your post is about attendances,you regulary spout pish on here and your own fans have said on numerous occasions.
    You like to deal in facts well here is the deal.In my lifetime united have won ALL their major honours,we have won 1.United have had great cup runs and euro adventures,we have had scraps.Am I jealous of what dabs my age have saw and the euro trips?hell ye.
    There has been 1 derby at a neautral ground dundee fc received the home end and outnumbered united fans.
    Moral of the story.. we can all spin figures,cup wins etc but its all history.The fact our crowds have been lower than uniteds for years is due to what I said earlier your club has been far more successful in the last 40 years than my club.Im sure if we compare figures when we were the dominant team and you were in div 2 for most of the time our crowds were far better.
    Would I rather had it the other way around of course I would and would love to have witnessed the cup wins and euro trips some of your fans have.
    Now shedka you have a great day in paisley,canna beat a good cup away day(its been a while) and ease aff the hatred!!
    Eric that is probably the most sensible post I have ever read from a Dee. There is really nothing to argue with there. Are you absolutely sure you’re not an Arab?????

That’s actually a decent post imo.
    I never get this obsession with attendances.
    So fck who has more supporters it doesn’t change anything.
    At this minute we are a lower tier club and Dundee are in the top league.
    That might or might not change this year.
    Dundee have a bigger support than Hamilton.
    Will Hamilton supporters care if they stay above Dundee. I somehow doubt it.
    For me the biggest thing about being a supporter is having watched your team winning a trophy.
    It’s impossible to put into words and I’m one of the lucky ones
    Most Dundee fans will never have had that and never will.
    And stats from The Wee Red Book won’t change that. (Does it still exist?)

Eric - thats 3 decent good posts in a row. enjoying reading this thread

Eck, a much simpler way of looking at things is this. When your success ended, ours began. Basically you have to win one of the big three to turn things in your favour.

Yip he's doing fine so far , out the bottom two for the first time this season , some quality January signings well done agent Mac

Quote Originally Posted by num1adi View Post
    Yip he's doing fine so far , out the bottom two for the first time this season , some quality January signings well done agent Mac
    dont count yer chickens adi....

Red face Lazy

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    you really are a wind up merchant. I quite like it tbh!!

But you do have sambas, a tully, staypress, black and white memories of cup wins and a tache??? Could be 4 but wont be 5. Thats my thoughts on the matter lol. I love Dens Im near 50 (71 is JMc not my DO and was a good age to remember the 1,2,3 we won at dens. Doesnt match the doon derby i get ya but boy what a great way to grow up though. Here is my list of away european games:

Lens
    Manchester
    Barcelona
    Monchenglagbach
    Gothenburg
    Belfast
    Athens
    Myllykoski

that makes me a part time supporter in our heady days btw
    There was sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much more

Page 36 of 69 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)