+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sell or get rid of....

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Think you're living in cloud cuckoo land tbh Clive if you think getting rid of Forshaw and Ailing in particular is a good idea.

This is what I'd do:

Keep for first team-
    Jansson (ONLY if we sign a quality CB to play with him, otherwise I'd sell)
    Ayling
    Forshaw
    Saiz
    Hernandez

Keep as back up players-
    Cooper (Yes I know, but he is ok and we don't have funds to be signing an entire new squad)
    Berardi
    Dallas
    Alioski (I still think there is a good player in there somewhere, he works hard, just needs to stop going down)
    Phillips
    Vieira
    Roofe

Get rid ASAP-
    Pennington
    Anita
    Wiedwald
    Lonergan
    O'Kane
    Sacko
    Lassoga (Preferably right now)
    Grot (NOW)
    Cibicki

Undecided (not seen enough)
    De Bock (Can't genuinely say whether he is/isn't good enough)
    Roberts

I've left the youngsters out as we can't be pinning our hopes on them coming good and none of them have set the world alight imo yet.

This squad needs about 6/7 first team signings as well as 3/4 back up signings, I genuinely don't see us going up any time soon sadly.
    . Give one or two players (such as Cibicki) think that is not a bad shout

not in CCL at all joel, merely said it coz 1 particular plonker on here says theyre all crap so I thought with the fact they've all got a losing mentality coz they sure as hell don't have a winning one that we just ditch them all one way or another and just build again from scratch

its not what I would do, was just seeing what mr I'm right your all wrong would say, as per normal instead of answering it regarding the players, he just said it wont happen coz we are stuck with them, o well, crap happens, for example that knobjockey joining this forum!

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    . Give one or two players (such as Cibicki) think that is not a bad shout
    Do you rate Cibicki?

Do you rate Cibicki?
    think he is far from the finished product but yes. He is possibly the quickest player in the squad, he can dribble and not lose the ball and can cross.

he does seem to over value his worth a little though.

So think he is worth persevering with. Suspect he has an agent who fills his head with nonsense though.

Agree

think he is far from the finished product but yes. He is possibly the quickest player in the squad, he can dribble and not lose the ball and can cross.

he does seem to over value his worth a little though.

So think he is worth persevering with. Suspect he has an agent who fills his head with nonsense though.
    Not so sure myself, think he will be an ok player but I've seen nothing to suggest he will be a player in a promotion winning team.

Not so sure myself, think he will be an ok player but I've seen nothing to suggest he will be a player in a promotion winning team.
    i can understand why you are not convinced. want to see him play a bit more to see what he can do - surely must better better on the right of midfield than Grot but ...

I believe he fell out with PH on the training ground over a difference about his talent so not sure he will play whilst PH is still here. Real pace is so hard to play against and when I have seen him play in the flesh he seemed to scare defenders.

I think sacko is quicker, possibly ekuban too

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    I think sacko is quicker, possibly ekuban too
    Jesus Christ Clive!!!! Being able to run very quickly is ok if you want to compete with Bolt etc, but f00k all use if playing football is the game and you can't pass, finish or have an understanding of which direction you're going, all of which apply to Sacko, Ekuban and a few others!

i can understand why you are not convinced. want to see him play a bit more to see what he can do - surely must better better on the right of midfield than Grot but ...

I believe he fell out with PH on the training ground over a difference about his talent so not sure he will play whilst PH is still here. Real pace is so hard to play against and when I have seen him play in the flesh he seemed to scare defenders.
    I think Wiedwald would be better on the right of midfield than Grot so thats not much of a challenge for Cibicki lol

Does he really have that much pace? Honestly can't say I've ever seen it. Maybe I've not watched him properly, just looks weak and spindly + easily knocked off the ball/no positional awareness. If he does have the attitude problem as you say he won't be here come next season and rightly so if PH is still manager.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)