+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone getting worried ?

Agree with wtf11. Looks like others "wobbled" on the weekend. Not worried at the moment. One interesting point to make is when Ailing doesn't play, Leeds don't seem to win very often. I am not sure of the numbers but I think Leeds only won 4 League games last season when he didn't play, and one of those games was the last game of the season (QPR) when there was nothing but pride to play for. This year, Leeds have lost only 2 League games, and in one of them he hasn't played. Rather odd statistic. Its almost as odd as the fact that Scum United have never lost a Premier League game by a score of 2-0 at Old Trafford. Never. Not once.

Some great points in the thread.

I do think that cherry is spot on with Ayling. It's really a stunning statistic. I think he's really one of the keys to our team. we seem very weak on restarts when he's not there. Never great but really pronounced when he's missing.

When is Izzy back? any chance for the holidays.

Have to assume Marley was one of the ones in there confronting the yobs then??

How long is ayling out for, even when not at his best he offers so much going forward, beradi moving into centre half is not ideal, believe both headers were his man Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Been o even fewer away matches than I have at ER, so can only speak from the perspective of an "observer", but I was under the impression that supporters travelling to away matches can only get a singe ticket per confirmed Leeds membership? Also, that all away ticket allocations are handled by accredited Leeds "affiliates" (Thames Valley Whites, Hampshire Whites are two I'm aware of down here). If all that is true, then identifying those who damage the reputation of the majority ought not to be too hard (and taking sanctions equally straightforward (a ban on future membership (or a length commensurate with the offence, ultimately a life ban))?

Probably being too simplistic but if it can't be done like I describe, maybe it needs to be made so it can?

Tickets allocation for away days ..................

Problem is not all fans travel via affiliated tour ............... My family has several official tickets but often has 'access' to away day home tickets or/and corporate so extended family/friends get choices ............... and guess what .............. that situation is not unique and sadly tickets do get into the wrong hands (not from my family I add).

With two young kids & two elder ones depending on venue and who is with me I often opt to sit tunnel side nowadays ................ whereas my husband always stands/sits with his long time mates within the official allocation from Leeds.This season more Leeds fans are in 'home' seats ............. some venues are strict and others are not - Blackburn was chaos !

Unusually Police were in the stands (not just the usual scarce Plod outside ground) with Blackburn stewards and our stewards who know 'faces'.Problem was once inside the stadium it was a free for all with folks sitting were they wanted,late comers couldn't access their seats and ended up viewing match from aisles,tempers frayed and add heavy drinking to the mix and chaos - not pleasant.Not a cat in hells chance for stewards to check faces to seats for further investigations or Police to ID ejected or arrested to ticket source let alone Leeds travelling stewards to ID idiots in Jimmy Saville masks or the wilder gesticulating fraternity with scarves over faces ................

It would appear Leeds has attracted a minority ultra right following that's appeared this season which was evident vocally at Blackburn which the club already know which measures have been undertaken to stop .............Shame really but maybe Brexit etc has stirred matters up ...........

This season I attend as a fan so I'm not in the loop as much regarding fan liaison.Regardless,I still enjoy following and hopefully things will settle down but at the end of the day personally,the comardre over the decades with friends will never be broken.

I also noted Marley was at Blackburn .......... so klix he is not,for the record WTF11.

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Tickets allocation for away days ..................

Problem is not all fans travel via affiliated tour ............... My family has several official tickets but often has 'access' to away day home tickets or/and corporate so extended family/friends get choices ............... and guess what .............. that situation is not unique and sadly tickets do get into the wrong hands (not from my family I add).

With two young kids & two elder ones depending on venue and who is with me I often opt to sit tunnel side nowadays ................ whereas my husband always stands/sits with his long time mates within the official allocation from Leeds.This season more Leeds fans are in 'home' seats ............. some venues are strict and others are not - Blackburn was chaos !

Unusually Police were in the stands (not just the usual scarce Plod outside ground) with Blackburn stewards and our stewards who know 'faces'.Problem was once inside the stadium it was a free for all with folks sitting were they wanted,late comers couldn't access their seats and ended up viewing match from aisles,tempers frayed and add heavy drinking to the mix and chaos - not pleasant.Not a cat in hells chance for stewards to check faces to seats for further investigations or Police to ID ejected or arrested to ticket source let alone Leeds travelling stewards to ID idiots in Jimmy Saville masks or the wilder gesticulating fraternity with scarves over faces ................

It would appear Leeds has attracted a minority ultra right following that's appeared this season which was evident vocally at Blackburn which the club already know which measures have been undertaken to stop .............Shame really but maybe Brexit etc has stirred matters up ...........

This season I attend as a fan so I'm not in the loop as much regarding fan liaison.Regardless,I still enjoy following and hopefully things will settle down but at the end of the day personally,the comardre over the decades with friends will never be broken.

I also noted Marley was at Blackburn .......... so klix he is not,for the record WTF11.

MOT
    Hello Mrs O
    I was in Riverside Stand saw no trouble,but i did see couple of Blackburn fans trying to get a live chicken in the ground,it happens when Blackburn are on live,some fans still in dispute with the Venkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Tickets allocation for away days ..................j

MOT
    Mrs O
    Since Birmingham away 1985 i have never gone in the away end watching leeds play away
    I always sit with the home fans and just keep quiet also its easier for me to leave the ground as i dont live in leeds
    Since 85 i have never had a problem or seen a great number of leeds fans sitting around me, the most i have ever seen coming from the home end was Everton away the 3 2 win first game in the old Div 1 a fair few hunderd came out of the Gladys Street End.

Upper R concourse at half time before he got 'nicked' ............ others disappeared for second half.

One sick *******

Quote Originally Posted by klix View Post
    One sick *******
    Or a lot of sick ********
    Not much to be laughing at and taking photos of.
    Last edited by Billyni; 22-10-2018 at 08:20 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)