+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: McCarthy ponders Moore return

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    If Mcarthy takes Moore back because one of his strikers isn't performing, we should ask if we can take the dropped striker on loan and get him up to speed and banging the goals in for Moore's replacement. Owt to help Ipswich out 😉
    Can’t sign any loans until January

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Our only hope is that Big Mick lets us have him till the end of the season but this will depend on Ipswich being in a promotion place at Xmas...so come on you tractor boys is what i say...

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/414806/...-true-value/#1

ipswich fan saying take 1m for him. Can we stump that up though even assuming they would accept it?
    Totally agree Roly.

I don't think MM would take him back to play for them if they are in with a serious chance of promotion.

I actually think the bigger likelihood would be him being recalled then loaned to a Burton or Barnsley, just to see if he can cut it in the Championship. Izzy Brown anyone??

That said he's been a revelation for us and if he has 15 goals by January it will be one of our greatest signings of the modern era.

Lets focus on the positives, right now he's ours. If Ipswich are prepared to sell in January, we've as good a chance of anybody of signing him.

Instead of focussing on potential negatives. Lets give Warne some credit for signing him. We must be the envy of every single side in league 1.

Agree with that Riley pal 100%

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    worse thing you can do sign a player in one game who looked ok. That's all he was ok.
    I don't want to stoke the fires gwru ,however I do find the above comment slightly contradictory. You rave about Baily-King based on only a quarter of a game 18 months ago away at Hull.
    Don't get why you don't rate Williams. I think he is a tremendously talented player who will only get better now his mis-diagnosed injury has been treated. He was also a free transfer. Bargain
    Taylor - If he could get his crossing on point he wouldn't be playing for us. He would be in the championship. I'll settle for him getting the odd one right.

Ok he's having a good run of form, but mostly because he's hit on a manager and playing style that suits him.

But it can quickly go wrong "Proctor style" and his value then plummets again.

Personally I think it would need a bad run of injuries at Ipswich fir him to be recalled.

He could be recalled in January for Ipswich to sell him maybe? To another club that is, not us.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    McCarthy can have Emmanuel now. Moore not our player, we know the outcome: Grant Ward, Izzy Brown. Craig Davies how old is he? worse thing you can do sign a player in one game who looked ok. That's all he was ok.
    Craig Davies is almost 32 so what point are you making? Darren Potter is 33 and the best footballer in our squad but according to you he's too old and we only signed him because he's Barker's mate.
    Thankfully nobody that matters takes any notice of your strange opinions.

Just be realistic because Moore is scoring he is hot property and Ipswich hold all the aces,best we can hope for is we hold him till Jan then look at the situation,if you want a player who is good in the air and can hold the ball up then resign Revell,but whats happened to the kid from the Owls.

This is why I prefer us to try and push our own but with Proctor out we didn't have a choice

I find it very good that we have lots of good options with the team selection,big test for anybody is to try and keep their place,loan signings or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by ScudTheMiller View Post
    I don't want to stoke the fires gwru ,however I do find the above comment slightly contradictory. You rave about Baily-King based on only a quarter of a game 18 months ago away at Hull.
    Don't get why you don't rate Williams. I think he is a tremendously talented player who will only get better now his mis-diagnosed injury has been treated. He was also a free transfer. Bargain
    Taylor - If he could get his crossing on point he wouldn't be playing for us. He would be in the championship. I'll settle for him getting the odd one right.
    Scud, I read that post from GWRU and thought the same as you.
    How can he form an "instant" opinion on any new player and get it "bang on" every time (in his world) but anyone else, who apparently uses the same time scale, to assess a player (even though the other person may have seen that other player more than once!!) is wrong?

GWRU, are you related to Kempo? You are very self opinionated, invariably wrong but still trot out the same 5h1te on an all too regular basis.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast