+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Protests: Straw Poll

But still begs the question, what good will a protest do

No
    I'm sorry to say i just don't care enough any more ,i'll wait and see what happens and accept our fate, we have been a basket case of a club for 2 decades now and we're lucky to have survived this long.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    But still begs the question, what good will a protest do
    It will put pressure on the current owner to reveal, who, what, if, when. To be more transparent with the very people who pay their wages. To stop hiding behind fictitious NDAs and SAs consortiums.

To do nothing is no longer an option... either sit on your hands and let the club die or do something about it. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    No
    I'm sorry to say i just don't care enough any more ,i'll wait and see what happens and accept our fate, we have been a basket case of a club for 2 decades now and we're lucky to have survived this long.
    Perhaps that’s exactly what the owner wants you to do?

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    Perhaps that’s exactly what the owner wants you to do?
    To be honest i really don't care what the owner wants.

I personally think it would have a negative effect, a protest would draw media attention, as always with notts for negative reasons that make us even more of a laughing stock, if we are going into next season as we are and don't fold then that negativity may transfer to whats left of the playing and coaching staff destabilising us even further
    Last edited by bridpie78; 25-06-2019 at 07:53 PM.

Plastic

Damn, I saw the thread title and thought it was about what kind of straw I preferred.

I'm easy going really. The only straw I don't like is the Jack (Straw) variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    Damn, I saw the thread title and thought it was about what kind of straw I preferred.

I'm easy going really. The only straw I don't like is the Jack (Straw) variety.
    I thought it was about one of Wurzel Gummidge's old girlfriends.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I don't do any form of social media, so when I clicked the link in post #21 it says "Open WhatsApp on your phone". I don't have WhatsApp on my phone and have no inclination to get it. I am as frustrated as anyone about the state of our club, but I'd like to know exactly what we are protesting about before deciding whether or not to join.
    The lack of information coming out of the club regarding our future. I think most of us have now accepted that we're a crap non-league club with no money, and that's fine, but as the lifeblood of the club, we expect to be kept in the loop (to the extent legally possible) about what the hell is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    The lack of information coming out of the club regarding our future. I think most of us have now accepted that we're a crap non-league club with no money, and that's fine, but as the lifeblood of the club, we expect to be kept in the loop (to the extent legally possible) about what the hell is going on.
    This is where I’m at. The club has been up for sale since January. The lack of any form of transparency or openness about a takeover is concerning. If it is indeed true about NDA’s being in place then that is fair enough, but we have heard nothing but snippets and tit bits.

The would be new owners must also realise how much a lack of takeover is impacting on the club and it’s supporters with each passing day.

It’s sad that people are saying they are not bothered and don’t care anymore. We can’t stand by and just let our club die. It’s not the Notts County way. The fans and the club have been through a lot and yes it’s at its lowest ebb. We have 157 years of history at stake here. But like other clubs we can rise again.

If fans want to protest then that is their choice, and I fully sympathise with fans frustrations and anger. It’s growing by the day the longer this saga continues. It’s what the protest is about that needs to be made clear.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast