+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: how bad will our punishment be?

how bad will our punishment be?

if the tax avoidance / fraud is as bad as is being reported?

I can't believe this isn't being discussed more!

I think we will be relegated and hit with a transfer embargo and a large fine.

Ashley isn't prepared to put any money in, so we are fecked!

i.am.genuinely worried about this, it seems it is going to escalate somewhat

Honestly no idea, Mick.

You can't believe the club would be so stupid as to try to defraud the taxman given how high profile a business football is. You start thinking 'there's no smoke without fire' so maybe the best we can hope for is that it's like those celebs who were castigated for tax avoidance rather than tax evasion, i.e. unethical but not illegal.

If it's as bad as some suggest then you'd think relegation, a huuuuge fine and a transfer embargo is definitely on the cards.

How long do these things take to work their way through the system? Anyone know?

i didnt think they were allowed to use any eveidence seized from the offices

apparently they didnt break any rules
    but apparently what they did seize cant be used in court

depends how many and which clubs are involved imo...if west ham and chelsea are involved in the deals then a fine imo,but if it's just us then a 5-9 point deduction.

lets hope the punish ashley,charney and lambias and not the club by jailing them 3 chancers.

they wanna be raking through every clubs books if this is the "tip of the ice berg" as they called it

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post

Why not? the warrants have been found legal...

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post

Get real man. Where on earth did you hear that waffle. H.M.R.C. has more powers than the police.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Get real man. Where on earth did you hear that waffle. H.M.R.C. has more powers than the police.
    True but they can't deduct points can they.That would be up to the prem,it will be very interesting to see what they do..
    If it is just tax evasion on the £1.9 mill dodgy agent fee,they wouldnt dare.Imagine the can of worms that would be opened then..
    The prem should take action against agents and their practises...

Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    True but they can't deduct points can they.That would be up to the prem,it will be very interesting to see what they do..
    If it is just tax evasion on the £1.9 mill dodgy agent fee,they wouldnt dare.Imagine the can of worms that would be opened then..
    The prem should take action against agents and their practises...
    No Ash, I was referring to Pboro's inane remark that HMRC can't use evidence seized from the offices.

If we get a points deduction and another of Ashley's famous relegations ensues I wonder what Pboro's justification of Ashley will be then.

the club failed in its bid to stop the HMRC from using evidence seized.

the feeling now is that the club's crimes are far far worse than 1st thought.

the F.A. and the premier league can issue their own sanctions, but they will probably wait until the legal side of things is sorted.

Swindon were relegated, Rangers were triple relegated...

I imagine there are accountants and directors at most prem clubs currently sh1tt1ng themselves because NUFC cannot be the only club guilty of this.

I still think we will be made an example of....

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    the club failed in its bid to stop the HMRC from using evidence seized.

the feeling now is that the club's crimes are far far worse than 1st thought.

the F.A. and the premier league can issue their own sanctions, but they will probably wait until the legal side of things is sorted.

Swindon were relegated, Rangers were triple relegated...

I imagine there are accountants and directors at most prem clubs currently sh1tt1ng themselves because NUFC cannot be the only club guilty of this.

I still think we will be made an example of....
    Rangers evaded paying tax on £47 mill,we are looking at tax evasion on £1.9mill,there is a stark difference and to make an example of someone there has to be a someone..West Ham and clubs in France were also raided and we were the only ones to contest the warrants.This has put the focus of the media on "us",I dont condone anything that has happened but I dont think its as serious as the Southern press are making out...Why arent they saying things like "10 years of West Ham transfers under the microscope"
    because they dont even know if the HMRC are investigating ten years of NUFC transfers..But they print it and a lot of numpties believe whatevers in the papers...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)