+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The morning after the sh ite before

The morning after the sh ite before

Why did Bielsa stop giving youth a chance,,,? We have forwards in the u23s who couldn't have been any worse. And why did it take Bielsa 87 mins before he replaced him. We've been calling for Shacks for ages and he hasn't played a bad game yet for Leeds but he's been sat on the bench these last 2_3 months. How can the man in the street see Bamford is rubbish and Bielsa can't. For all the good Bielsa did with those players he's made some sh it decisions.

Berardi played well and we know what his temper is, but in fairness, he was fouled twice immediately before the sending off and didn't even touch Johnson (scumbag). The ref played a big part on the outcome of that game.

I could go on all day but finally, Cooper and Casilla should be ashamed of themselves. Casilla in particular. But what a stupid pen to give away. Derby didn't win that game, Leeds lost it.

Quote Originally Posted by denver11 View Post
    Why did Bielsa stop giving youth a chance,,,? We have forwards in the u23s who couldn't have been any worse. And why did it take Bielsa 87 mins before he replaced him. We've been calling for Shacks for ages and he hasn't played a bad game yet for Leeds but he's been sat on the bench these last 2_3 months. How can the man in the street see Bamford is rubbish and Bielsa can't. For all the good Bielsa did with those players he's made some sh it decisions.

Berardi played well and we know what his temper is, but in fairness, he was fouled twice immediately before the sending off and didn't even touch Johnson (scumbag). The ref played a big part on the outcome of that game.

I could go on all day but finally, Cooper and Casilla should be ashamed of themselves. Casilla in particular. But what a stupid pen to give away. Derby didn't win that game, Leeds lost it.
    Ffs the ref played a big outcome
    Get a fkin grip and stop sounding like a scouse victim our fkin goalkeeper did not help the cause and our fkin coach looking like a alky waiting for his next pint a fkin nervous wreck yet lampard looking cool and composed stop talking fkin ****e

Woke up this morning and it felt like the aftermath of the Wigan game but worse, much worse, we can blame no one but ourselves, all season we've had it on our own hands, going right back to Norwich at home in Feb, then qpr away, up till Wigan, and now last night, pressed the self destruct button every time,vi feel I will never see this team in the premier League in my lifetime....tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Woke up this morning and it felt like the aftermath of the Wigan game but worse, much worse, we can blame no one but ourselves, all season we've had it on our own hands, going right back to Norwich at home in Feb, then qpr away, up till Wigan, and now last night, pressed the self destruct button every time,vi feel I will never see this team in the premier League in my lifetime....tragic.
    Wigan was the end Norfolk Bad Friday

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    i know how you feel but keep trying to remind myself of how bad I felt at this stage last season when we truly were in a mess. We were about 3 players short and the loaners didn’t help, Brown injured, Blackman crocked and Baker a dud. Look at the players Derby and Villa had on loan included Mount, Wilson, Abraham, Mings all of whom were v good. Even Wigan managed Reece James.

At least we have a platform to build on. Up to the owners now, do they:

retain MB - seems crucial
    strengthen where we lack depth - remember the loan signings will now return
    thin out the surplus players more - Saiz, Ekuban, de Bock, Grot, Cibicki will most likely be sold
    take a hard look at who in the playing squad is not good enough - Bamford, Ayling?, Forshaw?, Cooper?, Alioski?, Beradi?
    identify three or four quality players to bring in - Che Adams or someone similar would be great
    the loan rules change next season - see who we can pick up from the top clubs when they off load some of the players they can no longer keep
    bring through 4 or 5 youngsters

MB will a full preseason and a squad he wants should hit the ground running. He does such detailed analysis he must surely know where we need to strengthen.

If Bielsa signs for another year then the glom will start to lift.
    MOT

Bielsa on record as saying this group of players wont be able to reproduce this season again.expect changes.

I expect wholesale change tbh. If we somehow keep Roofe, Jansen, Philips and can get another season out of Hernandez then the rest can clear off, ( with the exception of the youngsters like Clarke and Shackleton etc).

Quote Originally Posted by klix View Post
    Ffs the ref played a big outcome
    Get a fkin grip and stop sounding like a scouse victim our fkin goalkeeper did not help the cause and our fkin coach looking like a alky waiting for his next pint a fkin nervous wreck yet lampard looking cool and composed stop talking fkin ****e
    Having your period?? Breasts a bit sore??

So many questions. Virtually everybody saw the same issues re. some of Bielsa's decisions in the 2nd half of the season. Dare I say it, if he'd changed things round a bit more - playing Shackleton, Brown (he's been mostly fit since Feb., surely all he needed was some proper game time to start to really make a positive difference), Edmondson etc - then maybe we wouldn't have tailed off so badly. So my verdict on Bielsa - 80% good / 20% bad, and if it was purely since Xmas then 30% good / 70% bad, because yes I agree, his demeanour in the last few months has definitely not been positive - regularly pretty gloomy and sometimes almost fatalistic. Compare that to Wilder for example.

And regarding the players, Bamford stands out a mile for his ineffectiveness. Never mind the games where he's been poor throughout, he's also missed so many sitters that have cost us points, or at least goal difference, (which might have been important in itself). Forshaw had one really good game that I can recall (Derby at home). Casilla, overall, has been no improvement over BPF (never mind his howlers, our defensive record since Jan is a lot worse than before that).
    And in the last month or so Cooper has reverted to his old self, Pablo has looked shot, Klich's attacking contributions virtually dried up - which all point to burn-out - certainly mental if not physical - back to the point about Bielsa's approach in 2019.

And having said all that it is extremely unlikely we'll make 3 or 4 quality signings, (there's no reason to think AR has real funds, never mind FFP), so unless we can score some good loan signings, our best hope is that we keep hold of our key players, because the doom scenario is saying goodbye to Roofe, Philips, Jansson, Clarke, Shack, and not getting genuine replacements.

To sum it up, I really do think that despite all the plaudits, the biggest single reason for not getting Auto is Bielsa and his decisions since Xmas. We might not have had a huge number of options, but to completely refuse to explore the options we did have when things were clearly starting to deteriorate has ultimately got us to where we are now. Too convinced of his own rectitude, too stubborn. And after that, it was the failure to bring in the one or two quality outfield players in January which also would almost certainly have seen us over the line. If we'd got James (and we would have if we'd not fkd around with fancy loan arrangements and 'if we get promoted' BS, Jenkins would not have had any grounds to stall) that alone would probably have done it.
    Last edited by OldWhiteTaff; 16-05-2019 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    So many questions. Virtually everybody saw the same issues re. some of Bielsa's decisions in the 2nd half of the season. Dare I say it, if he'd changed things round a bit more - playing Shackleton, Brown (he's been mostly fit since Feb., surely all he needed was some proper game time to start to really make a positive difference), Edmondson etc - then maybe we wouldn't have tailed off so badly. So my verdict on Bielsa - 80% good / 20% bad, and if it was purely since Xmas then 30% good / 70% bad, because yes I agree, his demeanour in the last few months has definitely not been positive - regularly pretty gloomy and sometimes almost fatalistic. Compare that to Wilder for example.

And regarding the players, Bamford stands out a mile for his ineffectiveness. Never mind the games where he's been poor throughout, he's also missed so many sitters that have cost us points, or at least goal difference, (which might have been important in itself). Forshaw had one really good game that I can recall (Derby at home). Casilla, overall, has been no improvement over BPF (never mind his howlers, our defensive record since Jan is a lot worse than before that).
    And in the last month or so Cooper has reverted to his old self, Pablo has looked shot, Klich's attacking contributions virtually dried up - which all point to burn-out - certainly mental if not physical - back to the point about Bielsa's approach in 2019.

And having said all that it is extremely unlikely we'll make 3 or 4 quality signings, (there's no reason to think AR has real funds, never mind FFP), so unless we can score some good loan signings, our best hope is that we keep hold of our key players, because the doom scenario is saying goodbye to Roofe, Philips, Jansson, Clarke, Shack, and not getting genuine replacements.

To sum it up, I really do think that despite all the plaudits, the biggest single reason for not getting Auto is Bielsa and his decisions since Xmas. We might not have had a huge number of options, but to completely refuse to explore the options we did have when things were clearly starting to deteriorate has ultimately got us to where we are now. Too convinced of his own rectitude, too stubborn. And after that, it was the failure to bring in the one or two quality outfield players in January which also would almost certainly have seen us over the line. If we'd got James (and we would have if we'd not fkd around with fancy loan arrangements and 'if we get promoted' BS, Jenkins would not have had any grounds to stall) that alone would probably have done it.
    bit of a conundrum tbh. Without Bielsa not sure anyone else would have got this squad to perform at the levels it did when playing well. The disappointing aspect seems to be that very single minded one strategy works mentality which gave us the highs didn’t allow for flexibility when to the fans it seemed obvious but he is a genius and I’m not so who am I to say.

had some of the biggest football highs and lows all in the same season - very odd.

at key points in the season we made some decisions which the benefit of hindsight look odd.

not replacing Saiz

leaving transfer business in the window late

not bringing in a reliable striker

not trying youth players or Izzy when the rest of the team looked mentally shot

club have offered MB a new contract if the YEP is to believed so let’s see where that ends.

Feel much better than at this stage last season when PH was still notionally in charge. Rome as they say wasn’t built in a day and Leeds is a much bigger challenge than that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)