+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Qos v Morton Tues Night

Qos v Morton Tues Night

We win 2-0 and Morton are scudded 5-0 , albeit by possibly the strongest team in the league. Does that point to a home win ? I hope so and we could go third if all goes right. Cant wait , bring it on !

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    We win 2-0 and Morton are scudded 5-0 , albeit by possibly the strongest team in the league. Does that point to a home win ? I hope so and we could go third if all goes right. Cant wait , bring it on !
    Indeed a great chance to go 3rd. What could possibly go wrong . Joking apart, I fancy us to win it. As you say bring it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    Indeed a great chance to go 3rd. What could possibly go wrong . Joking apart, I fancy us to win it. As you say bring it on.
    All week I heard " you/ we should beat Falkirk as they are rubbish etc" I didn't think it would be easy at all. This through past experience and especially at half time with it looking like 'one of those days' when nothing was really going right . Credit to the team as we have won two in a row now without being at our best. A great habit to learn.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 27-10-2018 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    All week I heard " you/ we should beat Falkirk as they are rubbish etc" I didn't think it would be easy at all. This through past experience and especially at half time with it looking like 'one of those days' when nothing was really going right . Credit to the team as we have won two in a row now without being at our best. A great habit to learn.
    Totally agree. The ability we have in the team (in particular once Harkins returns) means when we play well we are tough opponents. If we can add in an ability to dig out positive results when not at our best then we have a real chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    Totally agree. The ability we have in the team (in particular once Harkins returns) means when we play well we are tough opponents. If we can add in an ability to dig out positive results when not at our best then we have a real chance.

if we can stay in the hunt up until end of december ,as we usually strengthen a bit in january going by past years i think we will have a real chance .the other teams will defo strengthen in january i can see the window being very busy .

Yes Caldwell at Plastic Whistle already hinting in today's press of a January clear - out and i can see the Bairns
    making a few changes also.

If Queens take the game to the opposition as we did yesterday in thTe second half we are more than capable of beating any team in this league, home and away. This sitting back/containing football is horrible to watch even if it does get some reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    If Queens take the game to the opposition as we did yesterday in thTe second half we are more than capable of beating any team in this league, home and away. This sitting back/containing football is horrible to watch even if it does get some reward.

you just have to go back and look at st mirren when thay won the championship under gus mcpherson ,thay played horrible football containing tactics all season and even the st mirren fans wernt turning up to watch even tho thay were running away with the league ,thay went up and got pumped back down right away then following season under a manager that wanted to play decent football thay finished near bottom of championship with near double average gate than there promotion season ,so there is fans that turn up to watch attractive football regardless the result .i found this out speaking with a st mirren fan last time we played them ,he stopped going while under mcpherson .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 28-10-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    you just have to go back and look at st mirren when thay won the championship under gus mcpherson ,thay played horrible football containing tactics all season and even the st mirren fans wernt turning up to watch even tho thay were running away with the league ,thay went up and got pumped back down right away then following season under a manager that wanted to play decent football thay finished near bottom of championship with near double average gate than there promotion season ,so there is fans that turn up to watch attractive football regardless the result .i found this out speaking with a st mirren fan last time we played them ,he stopped going while under mcpherson .
    St Mirren won the Scottish Championship last season then their manager departs and looks like they'll go back down again.

Another big game for Queens tonight. We really need to be winning our home games against teams like Morton especially with 2 very tricky away fixtures coming up against Dundee United and Ayr United

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)