+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Officially up for sale

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    About 2 weeks ago someone said he believed the club was up for sale on twitter,basically got told he was a liar,got denied,charlie Slater said nothing in it yet,all of a sudden been talking to two interested parties.So who is the liar ?
    Hardy has said he had interested parties previously. Its all mind games. You have no control over it so just believe it when you see it. In essence Hardy is not much different to Trew in this respect. Mind games mind games mind games.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Hardy has said he had interested parties previously. Its all mind games. You have no control over it so just believe it when you see it. In essence Hardy is not much different to Trew in this respect. Mind games mind games mind games.
    Thats why I said he was a spin dr

So many similar things from the start between RT & AH
    Last edited by irishpete; 28-01-2019 at 07:23 AM.

Agree pies4u. He's brought the whole thing on himself. Tripe indeed. I think when the reality of what he's done sinks in many will move away from the "it's someone else's fault" perspective. That reality is that he's destroyed the world's oldest League club by his inappropriate behaviour and inability. Fingers crossed that other parties are interested and that's not just another Hardy red herring.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon the Pieman View Post
    Agree pies4u. He's brought the whole thing on himself. Tripe indeed. I think when the reality of what he's done sinks in many will move away from the "it's someone else's fault" perspective. That reality is that he's destroyed the world's oldest League club by his inappropriate behaviour and inability. Fingers crossed that other parties are interested and that's not just another Hardy red herring.
    Being interested is one thing, purchasing is another. There are many things I would like to have bought during my life, extremely few have got me to part with my my cash.

Can't blame the fans for this, there's been no protests and despite the league position supporters have continued to turn up, we're still averaging just under 7k. You can't ask for any more than that when you're rock bottom of L2.

For me, the one major mistake Hardy made was making Darren Fletcher head of recruitment, who would have been less qualified than Guy Branston. I think Fletcher only held that post for a matter of three months or so before Hart arrived but all of the damage was done in that time and we haven't recovered from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon the Pieman View Post
    The thing is, the club was on the verge of extinction before he bought if off Trew. Then before that, it was on the verge of extinction before Trew bought it for a pound after the Munto fiasco. Then before that, we were on the verge of extinction under the Trust, and only heading one way. Then before that, we were on the verge of extinction after Scardino.

The club has been one step away from oblivion for the best part of two decades now. Munto, Trew and Hardy all managed to revive it temporarily, but we inevitably tend towards decline again and again. It looks like Hardy will be the one holding the bag of **** when the music stops, but it could have been any of our previous owners.

Again, anyone think we're cursed?

Chaos has become such an ingratiated part of our club's culture that I honestly think I'd miss it if it stopped.

Just think about some of the things that have happened to us in the last 20 years.

-Albert Scardino's planned investment fell through (partly) because the bank he wanted to borrow money from had it's offices destroyed on 9/11.
    -We had a record 18 months in administration.
    -The period of trust ownership was a case study in how a supporters' trust should not be run.
    -They sold the club to a convicted fraudster, with JAH apparently convinced of their genuineness by being taken to the Middle East for a holiday and a camel ride.

And now we've put up for sale 12 hours after the chairman posted a picture of his dong online.

Everything about this football club is utterly mental.
    Last edited by LilCrazyKim; 28-01-2019 at 11:49 AM.

Does the sale include our new £2 million pound training ground complex ?

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post

Again, anyone think we're cursed?
    Maybe we should be looking at it from a sociological perspective. Fword have been going through their leanest ever spell in parallel to us. Nottingham might be a great place for students and night life, but in terms of the day to day quality of life for families on the estates, it's become a pretty depressing city that's been in decline for some time and the football clubs may just be a reflection of that downturn. If people are frustrated and they want change in their own lives and aren't seeing it, then that's going to translate into impatience in the stands and on social media, which makes it difficult to implement steady progress.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Thats why I said he was a spin dr

So many similar things from the start between RT & AH
    Out of the two, I would rather have Hardy in charge.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast