+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: New Stadium Design

Quote Originally Posted by Landvetter83 View Post
    That Debrecen stadium looks pretty good.

It would be extremely remiss of the club not to visit the many new stadia in Europe that have been mentioned on this forum to assist in refining the design for Kingsford. I've seen Genk, Ferencvaros etc. mentioned, a few in the States.

If they don't and we do indeed get something pretty naff then shame on them. For those on here with real concerns it will be sh!te then I'd suggest you email, write letters to the club stating what you'd like to be considered.

I certainly will.
    They were given 2500 responses to a stadium survey, mostly of people's experiences and ideas from European stadiums, had an email address open with submissions of ideas for a while, sent Dod Yule down to Bristol and copied that.

It's already 20 years out of date compared to stadiums on the continent and we'll be left with it for the next 100. Look at the shambles of a shoehorn masterplan I posted on page 1 compared to the Groupama. Look at Bristol City's ground compared to any new European build.

Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    Firstly I disagree about it looking a shoe in. I thought that was the case until the last couple of speakers like the cycle forum and ones that tore apart the bus strategy.
    The speeches at the pre-det meeting will have almost no impact on the eventual yay/nay from the council, but if they did then it's all over for your NKS chums, which apparently they virtually admitted at Thursday's WECC meeting.

As for Bruce Cruickshank and his cycling speech, he was indeed toodlign along nicely, and for once putting in a good speech in favour of NKS, but then like the rest had to revert to type and ridiculous hyperbole.

* "cars constantly driving at 80mph along A944". - are these the cars that are stuck in thick traffic causing congestion, or other cars? Regardless, 80mph? Constantly? Wise up ye heid the ba.

* "cycle lane is used at all hours, I've personally used it at 1am, 5am, 6am for getting to & from work" - luckily fitba takes place on a weekend afternoon or between 7-10pm. The point of the cycle lane being 24 hours escapes me still

* "i've been knocked off my bike on that part of the cycle lane" - Well, it's a cycle lane, so presumably your fellow cyclists should look where the **** they are going eh? As for cars, well they don't go on the cycle lane, and we haven;t yet established whether they will be stuck in utter gridlock, or doing 80mph?

So, no Bruce didn't save the NKS camp, he started well then floundered completely with the above nonsense.

I didn't see any tearing apart of bus strategy either, so I'm afraid it's nul points for NKS from the fatshaft jury.

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    The speeches at the pre-det meeting will have almost no impact on the eventual yay/nay from the council, but if they did then it's all over for your NKS chums, which apparently they virtually admitted at Thursday's WECC meeting.

As for Bruce Cruickshank and his cycling speech, he was indeed toodlign along nicely, and for once putting in a good speech in favour of NKS, but then like the rest had to revert to type and ridiculous hyperbole.

* "cars constantly driving at 80mph along A944". - are these the cars that are stuck in thick traffic causing congestion, or other cars? Regardless, 80mph? Constantly? Wise up ye heid the ba.

* "cycle lane is used at all hours, I've personally used it at 1am, 5am, 6am for getting to & from work" - luckily fitba takes place on a weekend afternoon or between 7-10pm. The point of the cycle lane being 24 hours escapes me still

* "i've been knocked off my bike on that part of the cycle lane" - Well, it's a cycle lane, so presumably your fellow cyclists should look where the **** they are going eh? As for cars, well they don't go on the cycle lane, and we haven;t yet established whether they will be stuck in utter gridlock, or doing 80mph?

So, no Bruce didn't save the NKS camp, he started well then floundered completely with the above nonsense.

I didn't see any tearing apart of bus strategy either, so I'm afraid it's nul points for NKS from the fatshaft jury.
    Ignore the hyperbole and look at the legal arguments he made about what is necessary, who can enforce it, when it has to be open and safety width requirements. The type of thing that gets it stopped.

Personally I do wonder how the minimum 3 metres would be (applicable as a minimum to this and) enough for a couple of thousand people going to Kingswells. It would be like all the fans coming up Merkland Road only being able to go on one pavement, next to a dual carriageway.

The bus strategy was attacked by the guy who spoke like Kevin Costner. Buses being loaded and leaving the stadium or park and rides in 2 minutes. Every seat on every bus at every time at Dyce, Kingswells and Union Street being full. Blatantly it would need multiples of the number of buses and a lot more time. Is there enough buses available and the transport strategy acceptable? Who knows. They already don't think the routes used are sufficient.

-------------------

Regarding stadium design, as per the locals kicking up a fuss I can't see how a proper fan zone would ever be allowed. Rejected by one of the councils. Interesting to read about a 3 month delay if approved due to Aberdeenshire Council's objection as well. Sh!te.

Won't be able to hold any concerts either and not very useful for making money. The stadium also has a lack of constant use about it, rather a visit it once and you've seen everything without spending anything. I saw it in the promotional video but nowhere else, wouldn't a gym and such else be an idea for constant use profitability.

Ignore the hyperbole and look at the legal arguments he made about what is necessary, who can enforce it, when it has to be open and safety width requirements. The type of thing that gets it stopped.
    No, the type of thing that gets conditions placed on a successful applicaiton

wouldn't a gym and such else be an idea for constant use profitability.
    Excellent suggestion.
    No doubt the club will have a gym there for the players.
    It could be an option to allow public access at certain hours, that said, many go to the gym to sit in a Jacuzzi and a wee paddle in a pool.
    I doubt AFC would be installing those features

The stadium also has a lack of constant use about it, rather a visit it once and you've seen everything without spending anything. I saw it in the promotional video but nowhere else, wouldn't a gym and such else be an idea for constant use profitability.
    They're all included in the community facilities, which if you'd gone last night you'd have heard about.

Just reading the Aurora spiel tonight (http://afc.co.uk/stadium.php) and wanted to highlight a section that I wasn't previously aware of:

Safe Standing Section

Many fans have asked about the detail for inside the stadium. Apart from the gradients, nothing has been set in stone and, should we be granted planning consent, we will be consulting with our fans on the design of the interior of the stadium. Our goal is to significantly improve the match-day experience for everyone with a focus on safety, comfort and atmosphere.

Why would the Council care two hoots about the "gradients"???

If this is relating to the height of the stadium, why not say this?

What would a few feet matter anyway - its a f*cking football stadium for christ sakes! Not as if the neighbour's roses are gonna be in the shade either way.

WE NEED A STADIUM THAT HAS STEEP RAKED STANDS - THESE ARE THE STADIUMS THAT HELP MAXIMISE ATMOSPHERE

Think Tynecastle v Pittodrie, or Celtic Park v Ibrox. Put the same fans in these grounds and Tynecastle/Celtic Park always edge it for atmosphere.

Success in top level sport is all about marginal gains - lets give ourselves that edge from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by red_mist View Post
    Just reading the Aurora spiel tonight (http://afc.co.uk/stadium.php) and wanted to highlight a section that I wasn't previously aware of:

Safe Standing Section

Many fans have asked about the detail for inside the stadium. Apart from the gradients, nothing has been set in stone and, should we be granted planning consent, we will be consulting with our fans on the design of the interior of the stadium. Our goal is to significantly improve the match-day experience for everyone with a focus on safety, comfort and atmosphere.

What would a few feet matter anyway - its a f*cking football stadium for christ sakes! Not as if the neighbour's roses are gonna be in the shade either way.

WE NEED A STADIUM THAT HAS STEEP RAKED STANDS - THESE ARE THE STADIUMS THAT HELP MAXIMISE ATMOSPHERE

Think Tynecastle v Pittodrie, or Celtic Park v Ibrox. Put the same fans in these grounds and Tynecastle/Celtic Park always edge it for atmosphere.

Success in top level sport is all about marginal gains - lets give ourselves that edge from the start.

I dont think you quite 'get' the rules around here, thats a sensible post without any negativity. WTF?

If this is relating to the height of the stadium, why not say this?.
    1. The council don't, the W.A.NK.S. do and this was designed to lower the height of the stadium. Hence "set in stone". It's already in the public domain.

2. See above. The gradient obviously affects the height, doesn't need saying twice surely?

Safe Standing Section

Did you not do geometry at school?

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast