+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we all stop this stupidity

Stop what stupidity? Please point it out. Can't say I've seen any stupidity, just honest appraisals of our 'performance' last night. We were dire, abysmal, awful, embarrassing, shyte. That is the truth, and saying it doesn't make you any less of a Notts fan. OK, it was a one-off cup game where the final score would lead to our exit whether 1-0 or 8-1, but supporters can only comment on what they saw. I'm sure we're all desperate for 3 points at Barnet, but that doesn't mean we have to pretend that the Swansea game didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Stop what stupidity? Please point it out. Can't say I've seen any stupidity, just honest appraisals of our 'performance' last night. We were dire, abysmal, awful, embarrassing, shyte. That is the truth, and saying it doesn't make you any less of a Notts fan. OK, it was a one-off cup game where the final score would lead to our exit whether 1-0 or 8-1, but supporters can only comment on what they saw. I'm sure we're all desperate for 3 points at Barnet, but that doesn't mean we have to pretend that the Swansea game didn't happen.
    I agree with you however, when I have made negative comments I get pulled to shreds by some of the idiots on here. There has been far too much slagging off of the players and Management which doesn't help.

It only matters in terms of pride, and even then only temporarily. Ideally, we would have put on a much better display and lost by a lesser margin, but if we win 1-0 at Barnet on Saturday, that result will mean a hell of a lot more.

A relief to see the good old "Real/true supporters" rolled out again. I thought we had lost all the real supporters. Could do with a quick "scapegoat" pretty soon though.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    I agree with you however, when I have made negative comments I get pulled to shreds by some of the idiots on here. There has been far too much slagging off of the players and Management which doesn't help.
    Oh right! Blame the supporters for what happened last night eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Oh right! Blame the supporters for what happened last night eh?
    Totnam 2-0 Newport, at Wembley with 7,000 sheep people in attn and Tot had 10 internationals in their team. Sez it all really.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Totnam 2-0 Newport, at Wembley with 7,000 sheep people in attn and Tot had 10 internationals in their team. Sez it all really.
    Yeah, the Swansea are a massive team argument doesn't wash with me. There were fundamental mistakes made last night in team selection, approach and formation. Fine if KN learns from them, but I'm not seeing much humility.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Says what?

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Says what?
    All it says to me is that Notts and Newport are no longer on cup runs.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    All it says to me is that Notts and Newport are no longer on cup runs.

It sez to me that Newport were knocked out of the cup and we were humiliated out of it.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast