+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Still in with a shout

Still in with a shout

It's looking grim folks but let's not start the post mortem till we are confirmed dead.
    There are more than enough points there to be had. We've done it before and we can do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    It's looking grim folks but let's not start the post mortem till we are confirmed dead.
    There are more than enough points there to be had. We've done it before and we can do it again.
    Really Really hope so Whicka .

After that miss last night by JRod I can't see it to be honest Whicka...we had a much better footballing team in the 'great escape' era.

I agree the points are there to be had and up to last night I believed we could do it, but we don't seem to have the ability to 'turn it on' every so often now.

Sad times...

We’re like a walking corpse waiting to be buried

[QUOTE=wbatillidie;38798922]We’re like a walking corpse waiting to be buried [/QUOT

Correct.

We’ve won once in 25 league matches and only three times in 27 matches yet some still think we can escape.

After winning three times in 27 matches you seriously think we can win six out of the next eleven and draw a couple!!!?

Seriously....REALLY!!?

This is the 85-86 season all over again,we looked an okay side then with Crooks and Varadi up front and Steve Hunt in midfield yet we went down having won only four matches!

Prepare yourself for a long haul.....it’ll be more than 16 years in the wilderness this time,a year from now we’ll be preparing ourselves for League One.

Have you ever thought of working for The Samaritans Mick? It would certainly bring the population numbers down!

[QUOTE=mickd1961;38798931]
    Quote Originally Posted by wbatillidie View Post
    We’re like a walking corpse waiting to be buried [/QUOT

Correct.

We’ve won once in 25 league matches and only three times in 27 matches yet some still think we can escape.

After winning three times in 27 matches you seriously think we can win six out of the next eleven and draw a couple!!!?

Seriously....REALLY!!?

This is the 85-86 season all over again,we looked an okay side then with Crooks and Varadi up front and Steve Hunt in midfield yet we went down having won only four matches!

Prepare yourself for a long haul.....it’ll be more than 16 years in the wilderness this time,a year from now we’ll be preparing ourselves for League One.
    No I don't think we can stay up. But if we don't believe then why should we expect anyone else to.

Blimey Mickd!

Don't know about League 1 just yet, lets just concentrate on the end of this season.

This season has been frustrating for a number of reasons. We can point out where things have gone wrong but ultimately we haven't been good enough. 1 win in 24 is not good enough regardless of how good a squad we have.

The ironic thing is I think we have a squad capable of competing with anyone outside of the top 6, clearly that's not happening though.

The only optimistic thing I can point out is that in football, like most sport, its very important to have momentum. If we beat Southampton in the cup and then beat Huddersfield at home and win 2 on the bounce, then we do have momentum.

Unfortunately we've lost games consistently all season and so we have only had losing momentum.

5 of our next 7 games are at home to teams we could beat. And our 2 away games are Watford and Bournemouth. If we don't beat Huddersfield, Burnley and Swansea at home, in the position we're in. We don't deserve to stay up.

[QUOTE=Whicka_Mon;38798951]
    Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

No I don't think we can stay up. But if we don't believe then why should we expect anyone else to.
    How can we believe, when we can't score a goal which a school boy could finish. Many Liverpool supporters were waiting to say - told you so with Sturridge who was a huge gamble, with not being fit and having a lack of game time - another West Brom sticky plaster attempt to shore a hole!

8 points from 13 games. I can understand anyone who disliked Pulis but can't see he would have got so few points from these games even though the football was not pretty.

If we go down - get rid of Pardew and bring in someone who is West Brom at heart who can sort out the mess!

If I was Lai now, I would take a gamble and replace Pardew with a top name now as at the moment, I can't see us even beating Huddersfield!

All this puts me in mind of being at Wimbledon when we played them the year they won the FA Cup (I think I'm right). I was with an old Scottish mate who knew nowt about us but enjoyed the crack before the game - including the following. Three young ****age lads spend about five minutes going on about if we did this and if we did that and if so-and-so played to his real ability we could get a result against the Crazy Gang. There was lull in the conversation when from behind a burly bloke from Dudleyaged around 45 I reckoned, who'd clearly listened in to all this turned to his equally burly mate and said; "Ark at them, fu***ng dreamers."

Needless to say me and my pal pissed ourselves.

p.s. This was the game when after Wimbledon scored their third goal a load of the Albion faithful who'd torn up the programme tossed a huge shower of confetti in the air and started to chant "We want four!"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)