Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
I have, if you read my posts.

1. Stop all illegal migration. No compromise nothing. It is a governments job, to defend a nations borders and its citizens.
We took 500 000 into our borders last year, most of them legally coming here for study/work.
That was our choice. The VISA system is there to vet those workers/students and ensure the undesirables are kept out. EVERY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD DOES THIS. This is not as Lineker described, an anti foreigner country like 1930's Germany.

2.The VISA system has to cover all aspects of immigration and where the job market is concerned, it mostly does. Where this has fallen down, is that now we aint in the EU, the cheap labour cannot come here and claim all the benefits that the nationals do anymore.
Not our problem it doesn't suit their gimme all lifestyle and its a wage structure thing.
Someone coming here claiming housing benefit. child benefit,healthcare etc, whilst working minimum wage isn't adding to the treasury. That is exactly what was happening before. Yes for some industrialists, it helped, but for others it didn't as it impacted their quality of life.
But if we need seasonal workers, something needs to be worked out.
An example would be, Germany in the 70s needed workers and let them work, not paying tax. Your seasonal workers might accept that, blitzing the hours then going home after 4 months.

2. Refugees- The refugee system is broken. I think we can all agree on that. So what do we do?
a. Sort your own house out first. The back log is unacceptable and a claim for help or asylum should be done inside 2 weeks, not 2 years.
This is a massive restructure in itself and needs some serious input.

Fail and you are properly removed. Back to your point of origin/ back to your last point of departure/ or a neutral place like Rawanda.
Accepted fine. Though things have to change-
Single males are not going in hotels though. Those are for the vulnerable and children.
Education programme for all as well, to make integration easier and cut down on trouble. Language/social skills/ law training/ethics
We do not need to see a Sweden/Denmark/Germany problem getting hold here.

b. A proper way of claiming asylum set up, without coming here first, unless invited.
Be it a centre near an embassy abroad. Or a central european organisation, that is dealing with the bigger issue. Unless you have registered in Europe, don't even try that either. The channels have to be clear and paying crimianals to get your way, will not be tolerated, not will jumping into vehicles.

Paid a gangster thousands to defeat that system , then jog on. That includes lorry jumpers and tunnel jumpers as well. You wasn't that vulnerable to have the money or time to cherry pick your destination.

3. Asylum/ tempoary refuge
The government needs to have an agreed number of places available for entry. This must be based on all costings/ services/ accomadation to be covered for.
You can not deal fairly and humanely with any claimant, by over booking and exceeding your limits. Which is exactly whats happening now, despite what GL says.
This is what grates me the most. This country for the last 100+ years, has been a rock of shelter for the vulnerable. But it is not a bottomless pit of space/money/ resources. Those we take in, need to be dealt with properly.
Single men 18-35 do not have the right to outjump women and children in peril.

4. Commitment. The Uk and EU. need to get their acts together.
The EU borders are a joke, Too many get in by illicit means, through the porous outer borders. RNG boats acting as taxis, ferrying migrants from Areas, that don't even warrent help.

The EU allows folks to travel too easily internally, once the outer rim is breeched. This is a SCHENGEN problem and their stubborn pride stops them doing something about it. It also allows failed or non true refugees the license to roam. The black market rises as does crime. Some of it seriously organised. Fail to get asylum there, they simply move on to another country and try their luck there.

So, Europe needs to get together on this.
EU needs to man up and agree its a problem. The ECHR is doing more interfering with sense than good.
We have some countries taking in too many. Merkel starting this, with her cries of come unto me my children.
Some taken next to nothing,( hint hint )Poland ./ Hungary.

Europe has to collectively agree, that anyone found to not being genuine refugees/asylum seekers need detaining and deporting properly. It isn't happening enough. Just saying no then releasing them, is fuelling the influx. They think that, getting to Europe and you've cracked it. The opportunities are limitless. You don't have to be in the EU to have this, not matter how many zealots like Verhofstadt shout it.

The UK and Europe does not owe the 3rd world a better life, just because yours is ****.
People moaned at the foreign aid bugdget being cut? Funnily enough that it wasn't when we are spending £7million a day on hotel bills alone.

I could have been harder, but that would require a complete brake putting on all of it.
I'll get enough flak for what I've written
So you are more ‘uncompromising’ (some might say callous) than rA but do include some practical steps. However, successive hordes of politicians have failed to convert those steps into action

So rA has no practical steps and TTR has no chance of implementing his. Not an easy subject is it?