+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Season Friendlies

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    Neves went off injured after a late challenge on him, the ref let a lot of challenges go. For Wolves, and especially those that haven't played in England yet, this was a bit of a wake up call type of friendly. A few challenges that were made in this friendly would easily have meant a yellow card being issued.

People will look at the scoreline and think Wolves didn't turn up, but in truth Wolves did have four decent goalscoring chances. Dicko clean through in the first half, Zyro with a good chance to pull one back, Saiss with a good free-kick and also an header that he put over the bar.

The two goals Wolves conceded could have been avoided, both good finishes, but Ruddy could have done better when making the first save, but saying that Wolves defending when the ball was in open play wasn't good.

My first impressions on seeing Wolves play 90+ minutes under Nuno are that he tries to get his side to play possession football. It's all about trying to keep the ball with players not afraid to go back if an opposition player is closing them down. The only thing is, Wolves never really had that much time on the ball in the central areas.

It will take time, it's quick and easy to judge, but for me, what really matters is the first league game on August 5th.
    The thing is that is way to soon for us to make our new style of play effective. And we all know what happens then
    Nuno won't make Xmas as a Wolves manager!
    I've been supporting this team long enough to know no matter how bizarre the scenario the club will make you think again!!!!

Highlights from the 1-0 win over Peterborough.

If today's 1-0 win over Leicester City is anything to go by, i think Wolves fans have a lot to look forward to this coming season. Wolves looked a well organised outfit and every player played his part. The onus is on passing, moving and creating chances. I can already see why Wolves decided to sign the likes of Boly,Douglas Miranda, Neves and Jota. All are a massive improvement on what i have seen in a Wolves shirt for a number of seasons. Added to that the likes of Saiss, Ronan and Enobakhare. None looked out of lace today. I think Leicester treated the game more as another part of their pre-season of getting players close to match fitness. Wolves looked more up for it.

Bar a Jamie Vardy chance that cleared away by Coady, that was as good as it got for the away side. As you will see in the video below, Cavaleiro's goal is one worth seeing a few times!

Cracking strike.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    I'm still trying to work out exactly when I will be back this year but that Leicester game looks good, might just have to make that one. The season proper starts in early August correct?
    Is that right Woody, did you really come back to blighty again recently ?
    If or when you come back I hope you enjoy the fresh air we have here (sometimes), and the proper coffee and proper lager & beer/ale we still have here. Before it sells out and becomes all Europeano etc!!
    And yes we are an early August to early May season, usually.

Missed the game obviously because I'm still here. What a goal though, looked like serious football. Still encouraged but still have that fear that we will end up as another Watford, nothing but foriegn players and no identity. Mind you, we are Wolves ay we and it will take a lot to wash that away.

Acido, the Real Ale movement is bigger here now then it is in the UK. I can buy amazing mind wobbling beers in my local supermarket. Also we have a choice of the best coffees in the world, American, Italian, Turkish, the whole shooting match, Houston is a very cosmopolitan area.

Can't get a pint of Wards though, one of my favorite sips. From Sheffield of course.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Missed the game obviously because I'm still here. What a goal though, looked like serious football. Still encouraged but still have that fear that we will end up as another Watford, nothing but foriegn players and no identity. Mind you, we are Wolves ay we and it will take a lot to wash that away.

Acido, the Real Ale movement is bigger here now then it is in the UK. I can buy amazing mind wobbling beers in my local supermarket. Also we have a choice of the best coffees in the world, American, Italian, Turkish, the whole shooting match, Houston is a very cosmopolitan area.

Can't get a pint of Wards though, one of my favorite sips. From Sheffield of course.
    In my opinion it hasn't done Watford any harm, a mix of foreign and British based players. If yesterday's line-up is anything to go by then our like up will have a decent mix of players with different nationalities. As long as we can mount a promotion push, then i'm not fussed where any of the players come from.

Woody, if you have ESPN as part of your cable or satellite package, you can watch a replay of the match on ESPN3.com

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    Woody, if you have ESPN as part of your cable or satellite package, you can watch a replay of the match on ESPN3.com
    Cheers Mich.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)