+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Big Day in Parliament

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I now fervently believe we will remain in the EU. The Brexiteers have lost, Corbyn has played the long game to perfection, Farage will kick up a fuss, but we will be asked to vote for our MEPs in May. It may be totally incredible, but it's true.
    yes BT - folk will be leaned on to vote for an MEP....but as they know, that makes a mockery of the 17.5 million that Voted "Leave" - I just hope they don't fall into the trap - compliance sanctions it's legitimacy....stay well away (imo) !

Last edited by Norder; 12-04-2019 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I now fervently believe we will remain in the EU. The Brexiteers have lost, Corbyn has played the long game to perfection, Farage will kick up a fuss, but we will be asked to vote for our MEPs in May. It may be totally incredible, but it's true.

Does anyone now seriously believe that the democratic process is in play in Westminster? We will have a second referendum, the outcome of which is already so obvious, even Stan's blind man on a galloping horse can see it!

Yes I suspect you're right BT, but of the two choices I would prefer to stay in the EU to the May/EU Withdrawal agreement. I'm actually resigned to it now, and beginning to look forward to the mayhem Mr Farage and 17.4 million Leave voters will cause in Brussels and London in the near future. The EU may well end up wishing they'd got rid of us when they had the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

yes BT - folk will be leaned on to vote for an MEP....but as they know, that makes a mockery of the 17.5 million that Voted "Leave" - I just hope they don't fall into the trap - compliance sanctions it's legitimacy....stay well away (imo) !

Not if you vote for the Brexit Party Norder, stuff the EU parliament with Eurosceptics and feck them about at every opportunity, it's what Macron was trying to warn them about, he could see what was coming down the line if they kept us in.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Not if you vote for the Brexit Party Norder, stuff the EU parliament with Eurosceptics and feck them about at every opportunity, it's what Macron was trying to warn them about, he could see what was coming down the line if they kept us in.

however they Spin it - the Brexit Party is looking for seats in the European Parliament.....have shown their true blue and starry colours imo...not that I ever cared for him/them anyway.

....but then there was one, that at times...peaked my interest. Godfrey Bloom.

Last edited by Norder; 12-04-2019 at 09:40 PM.

I'm a simple soul Norder, I shall vote for the Brexit Party to help ensure that the Tories get a thoroughly deserved kicking in these Euro elections. Hopefully they will be wiped out entirely, then they might be inspired to get rid of that dangerous lunatic running their party. Then I shall hope that Sir Nigel takes his seat in the European Parliament and causes as much mayhem as is humanly possible, that would give me great delight.

I'm a simple soul Norder, I shall vote for the Brexit Party to help ensure that the Tories get a thoroughly deserved kicking in these Euro elections. Hopefully they will be wiped out entirely, then they might be inspired to get rid of that dangerous lunatic running their party. Then I shall hope that Sir Nigel takes his seat in the European Parliament and causes as much mayhem as is humanly possible, that would give me great delight.
    simple soul my foot.....

Well it'll split the Leavers - and see he's brought in Reece-Moggs Sister...(Annunziata Glannvile)....so jigsaws finally coming together, and the pictures not likely to be pretty !

that was..."Rees-Mogg"...prefer Reece !

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

Well it'll split the Leavers -
    The Brexit Party already on 27% for the Euro elections Norder, and they've only been up and running a few days. The only other Leave party is Ukip and their support will melt away to the Brexit Party as they realise their game is up. 17.4 million Leavers and Farage has them virtually to himself. The real split is on the Remain side, just who will the 16 million Remain voters give their vote to, The Tories, Labour, Libdems, Greens, Change, SNP, etc all are actively, and successfully it has to be said, striving to keep us in the EU, so their choice is vast. The split is on the Remain side, and they show no inclination to work together, which if they had any sense they would.

You also said that by voting in the Euros I would be giving legitimacy to those elections, but surely they are legitimate ? Our politicians and the EU have, in their wisdom, kept us in the EU, therfore as fully paid up, contributing members of the EU we are fully entitled, legally obliged even, to take part in these elections, their legitimacy cannot be doubted. What I do find amusing is various politicians taking it upon themselves to claim that the British public are appalled that we should have to take part in these elections. How do they know ? The politicians might be appalled (terrified is probably a better description) at the prospect, but I suspect many members of the public, far from being appalled, will be looking forward to the opportuniy of giving their opinion on them at the ballot box. What they are appalled at is the failure of the political class to take us out of the EU as they promised they would, that's what annoys people, not the EU elections which are simply the inevitable and legitimate consequence of that failure.

Anyway, how are things with you Norder, we haven't had one of these long convoluted discussions for some time. We'll have to do this more often, I miss them.
    Last edited by sinkov; 21-04-2019 at 08:45 AM.

I've been doing my stuff on the doorsteps and you are correct Sinkov.

The Brexit Party will breeze the Euro elections. The local elections are less clear.

But what I am being told time and time again is that "I have always voted Tory but never again"

Both main parties are very unpopular with the voters around Lancaster and I can see the turnout being very low.

Hopefully the Lib Dems will make good progress - it's looking promising.

You said that by voting in the Euros I would be giving legitimacy to those elections, but surely they are legitimate.... .
    Anyway, how are things with you Norder, we haven't had one of these long convoluted discussions for some time. We'll have to do this more often, I miss them.
    regardless of our current position - if our entry was in violation of British law - then we wouldn't legitimately in it.....but anyway...lets pretend we are Sinkov - and the only reason we aren't now is because the colluding sting agents of bait and switch led us back to the E.U.....so follow them - No - Not I.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)