+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone else

Has anyone else

Has anyone else been wrong all season, like I have? Would anyone care to admit it here?
    I had my doubts about Paul Warne, although I kept that to myself.
    I was wrong about about Kieffer Moore. My first thoughts, before seeing him play, were Big Useless Cart Horse.

I was wrong about where I thought we'd finish, though I'm sure I'm not alone there.

I've been wrong about almost every result, even when we were on that great unbeaten run, something in me told me we were going to lose the next game. Then when the 'easy' games came round, namely Rochdale, I thought we would win and we lost.

I had an awful feeling we'd drop out of the playoffs, I was wrong.

I didn't think we'd get past scunny in the playoffs, I was wrong.

I've never been more happy to be wrong about so many things.

I darent say what my feeling is about the Shrewsbury game, but I'm sure you can guess.

One more thing. I was wrong about Michael Smith. And Richard Wood, who I thought would be past it even at this level. And Michael Ihiekwe, or Ineckwe as Ronnie calls him. Been singing his praises all season but his displays against scunny have made me rethink.
    That's three things

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    Has anyone else been wrong all season, like I have? Would anyone care to admit it here?
    I was wrong about about Kieffer Moore. My first thoughts, before seeing him play, were Big Useless Cart Horse.

I was wrong about where I thought we'd finish, though I'm sure I'm not alone there.

I've been wrong about almost every result, even when we were on that great unbeaten run, something in me told me we were going to lose the next game. Then when the 'easy' games came round, namely Rochdale, I thought we would win and we lost.

I darent say what my feeling is about the Shrewsbury game, but I'm sure you can guess.
    Great post Gazza, if we are all honest I bet most had reservations this year.

I had us down for 12th place, never saw this coming in a million years!

I was wrong about Blackburn I thought they would sink to mid table

As for rotherham I think I said we would get in top 6 at worst so I don’t think I was wrong.

People judged on previous season and ignored the talented young lads we have in squad

I was open about Moore
    Wrong about proctor well wrong ish
    Jury’s still out on potter
    Right on Palmer

League 1 was good for the young lads they got to develop more as a team and got confidence from it but they can do so much more than league 1.

I hate posting posts like this as it winds me up when I'm reading them BUT I got several peeps slating me for backing several players and even got called warne love child. I said rodak would one day be worth more than moore.. I hope I'm right on this one...I backed rodak, wood, warne and forde when others were wanting to get rid.. though tbh looking back I did come across as obsessive.
    I backed Rotherham at 25/1 for auto and 7/1 for promotion. Plus Charlton at 7/1 for promotion.

I guess it's a "I told you so" post though please don't hate me for it...

Cheers Cayton, that just reminded me I was also wrong about Rodak. I don't think I was at the time, his first few games were often calamitous and error prone, but his improvement over the season has been dramatic and undeniable. He will go on to be a top keeper if he keeps improving at this rate.

there is one player i hope im wrong about. i wont slate him and say hes not good enough as its easy to see all the millers give 100% this season and that is Palmer. hes not blessed with pace, hes prob the weakest tackler from the central midfielders. and hes more economical with his work rate so makes himself look lazy.. no lazy is not the right word.. i dont have stats though if you compared his with towell and vaulkes, i get the impression his would be the lowest.....

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    there is one player i hope im wrong about. i wont slate him and say hes not good enough as its easy to see all the millers give 100% this season and that is Palmer. hes not blessed with pace, hes prob the weakest tackler from the central midfielders. and hes more economical with his work rate so makes himself look lazy.. no lazy is not the right word.. i dont have stats though if you compared his with towell and vaulkes, i get the impression his would be the lowest.....
    He’s more accurate with his short passes tho compared to rest of midfield.

Guess I’m just weird but I judge

Gk by saves and passing
    Defenders by tackling and passing
    Wingers by crossing and passing
    Midfield by passing and pace
    Strikers shooting accuracy and passing

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post

You were actually spot on about Kieffer Moore , trust me .

:-) :-) :-) :-)

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Probably wrong to compare Palmers workrate compared to the others Cayton as in the 5 man midfield, he would have been the defensive midfielder protecting the back 4.
    I understood the need for more midfielders compared to having another striker play along side Smith, but that didn't work out as none of the other midfielders really got forward enough to help Smith out so left him on his own. Hopefully Warnie will put that right at Wembley.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast