+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If Thompson Loves United Like He Says He Does

To be blunt he's on course to take relieve Brewster as our worst ever manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Like many have said, on paper that squad would look good for the bottom half of the top flight so there is something missing.

And i think you may be right in comparison to Cathro. They have both done very well at youth level in the local area with some of what i believe to be some of Rays shining lights breaking into the team now. Ray then did well at Lochee, Brechin and Raith, but all of a sudden(ok for a while) looks out of his depth!
    This isnt having a go and is just my perspective agree with what you are saying but Ray has looked out his depth for 9-10 months. Before that it was bedding in. We are still bedding in apparently. His Arabzone interview is a disgrace again. Deluded and dangerous.

I wanted him to succeed - i just cant see where its coming from. He seems stubborn like mcnamara and cathro and as inflexible in his philosophy as them.

1 up top with 2 holding mids and 6 defensive outfield players and we lose a goal to a part time team at home after 4 minutes.

Classic

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    To be blunt he's on course to take relieve Brewster as our worst ever manager.

I personally think he has done that - its a division below afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    This isnt having a go and is just my perspective agree with what you are saying but Ray has looked out his depth for 9-10 months. Before that it was bedding in. We are still bedding in apparently. His Arabzone interview is a disgrace again. Deluded and dangerous.

I wanted him to succeed - i just cant see where its coming from. He seems stubborn like mcnamara and cathro and as inflexible in his philosophy as them.

1 up top with 2 holding mids and 6 defensive outfield players and we lose a goal to a part time team at home after 4 minutes.

Classic
    Dont see that as having a go, just adding to the argument.

Although i was willing to give Ray time to gather his own squad, there was plenty for me to moan about along the way. Playing players out of position, changing the team each week, shelling the ball to VDV from out of the sun and persisting with Fraser, out of position. Then some of the performances were shocking! Thankfully United have ****ed my arabzone account so i cant hear his excuses for now!

So yes i wanted him to succeed, but all i see is a capable squad with the same old mistakes being made, and that only comes from one place!

What pisses me off the most is when we got near the box 1st half today, its like they were back at the warm up, "hey, your ba, hey nice football, hey your ba, hey nice football" but nae GET THE BAW IN THE FECKIN NET!

For me there is only one candidate for the post - tomobola Mixu

Didn't play erskine most of the season. Seemed to have dropped him because he signed pre contract in Jan. Then suddenly erskine is playing in the semi at hampden.

Every time we found a winning team and seemed to have turned a corner he would mess things up.

He cared a lot which was good but he was truly terrible as manager.

ST wouldn't pay or couldn't get a decent manager - we got Mixu and went down.

I really believe an average manager with that group of players would have kept us up easy

I didn't realise that DUFC had a pulse?

So to sum up we have a chairman who is unqualified for office and has bankrupted our club, a manager who is out of his depth, and because the chairman has bankrupted the club, no money to pay off the manager even if the incompetent chairman wants to.

F uck me what a mess.

Next it'll be Willo in the Hall of Fame

We are a joke. Ram is right. We need to start with the Chairman. He needs to feel the heat on the street. He'll soon find a buyer when he can't walk through the Ferry without stress.
    Sorry to say this but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Next it'll be Willo in the Hall of Fame

We are a joke. Ram is right. We need to start with the Chairman. He needs to feel the heat on the street. He'll soon find a buyer when he can't walk through the Ferry without stress.
    Sorry to say this but desperate times call for desperate measures.
    He's a St. Andrews man now.

Quote Originally Posted by DerryJungle View Post
    He's a St. Andrews man now.
    Following in Jackies footsteps eh?

£550 won't buy you so many Lattes there but I'll ask my sister to smack him when she sees him

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)