+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So what do we do now

West Ham were bloody woeful Alf, but that's their problem not ours!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The way McNeil went about his business today, we will almost certainly have at the very least £35 million to address the squad strengthening issue in January.

OMG! He is worth the admission money on his own. His left foot really is a magic wand, he gets whip and pace on almost every delivery. What a find this kid is.
    We should be adding players to the only talented player we have, instead of making a fast buck way way too early

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    We should be adding players to the only talented player we have, instead of making a fast buck way way too early
    We have loads of previous for this type of business Alto. We could start a new thread going from ABC through to Z on the players we have developed and sold. Sad, but it's the Burnley way.

Just on the subject of our dysfunctional recruitment team, West Ham have spent £180 million in the last 17 months, far more than us, with a spectacular lack of success. So I have to hold my hand up, I was wrong, our recruitment team are actually the 2nd worst at their job in the Premier League.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We have loads of previous for this type of business Alto. We could start a new thread going from ABC through to Z on the players we have developed and sold. Sad, but it's the Burnley way.
    And until we get rid of the mentality of "The Burnley Way" and all the other things wrong with BFC then we'll always be an average Championship Club who are a pretend Premier League outfit living on luck rather than building for a proper future

I have never thought of the idea such as the 'Burnley way'. There is only the way SD is using his style of play,and that's what we see. Sometimes we play like some 4th division team ,and like last game we dominated the game against Wet Spam. I would like to see SD modernise his game more. Such as ......Goal kicks:
    Here Pope uses the long ball 80% (?) of the time,for the ball to land some where in the opposing teams penalty area. It's easy for a tall defender to head it back in the direction from where it came from ,than for a forward to do anything with it. Sometimes with luck we get the ball,but who would depend on a game plan using 'luck'? If we use this game plan we are not in control of the game 60 -70%, or more of the game.

We can change it (in fact to mix it ,not always the same) if Pope pushes the ball out to a defender almost near the goal line.The defender has a choice to pass it forward OR give it back to Pope. ( At this moment an attacker must run forward to get the ball or block a pass).If the ball is given back to Pope then the goalkeeper can now open it up by passing to the opposite defender,again the attacker must run to get the ball. At this point we have created a SPACE in midfield ,and it should be easy to pass then to a midfielder.At this point ,we are in control of the game 100% and we are also on attack. ( All this from a Goal Kick!) This game plan should be practised on the training ground ,because we can not allow any mistakes we must be very professional with it. A mistake could mean Pope picking the ball out from our goal ?? There are other points but this changes our game!!!
    We have a football team, and I hope we have professional trainers and a good training ground!

We knocked it long to Wood on Saturday, I guess he must have won at least 70% of the headers and Barnes, Hendrick, Westwood, Cork and McNeil picked up tons of second balls. It works when it works Balan!

You said it yourself.....''West Ham were bloody woeful Alf, but that's their problem not ours!''

and ......'' It works when it works Balan!''....and ''I love SD but his tactical awareness leaves a lot to be desired IMHO.
    (PS : I think if we continue 'long ball', you are going to have a whole lot of burnt sausages !)

''So its touch and go,that's what you expect ? or If we are lucky we could win??

Did it work against Sheffield? Then Chelsea, is it heaven and earth difference here,were they really that good? Or we were poor?

Chris Wilder is no fool and Frank Lampard has got Chelsea buzzing. Two winnable games coming up next Balan - let's see what December brings?

"A mistake could mean Pope picking the ball out from our goal ??"

This is precisely why Dyche instructs his players to get the ball up the park, if we do lose it he prefers it to be lost in the opposition half, where there is much less likelihood that it will end up with Pope fishing it out of the back of our net.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)