+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Grant next ?

Kiss of death?????????

Name:  Capturejorge.jpg
Views: 967
Size:  15.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    So lets say Arsenal sent Bola back out on loan to us this season and he was tearing the division apart until now, you don't think they would be well within their rights to recall him and send him to a team in a higher division so he could actually be challenged? If the standard of football is too below a player's ability it's not going to help the player that much.

(not saying that's the case with Grant or Yates, just loans in general)
    If you see that as a possibility and you want to be comfortable doing that then send the player out on short term loan with a review option, not a year's loan. I don't think I'd want to do business with you mate, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Don’t wet your knickers, I didn’t see your post.

It seems to be commonly accepted by Forest fans and others that if Warburton was still their manager, Yates wouid have remained at Notts for the rest of the season, and if the agreement was with anyone, it was with him. No idea whether that’s true or not, but it is the common justification for welching on the deal.

If that’s “making it up” guilty as charged m’lud.
    Why make it up? Well, I suppose it suits your argument!

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    If you see that as a possibility and you want to be comfortable doing that then send the player out on short term loan with a review option, not a year's loan. I don't think I'd want to do business with you mate, sorry.
    Maybe they wouldn't have seen it as a possibility originally? For example, with Yates, who knew he would play so well this season? He could've been cr*p for us and Forest would have left him here, but there is always the chance that a player might excel when they start playing their first senior games. Look at Grealish and McGregor when they came here, Celtic and Villa obviously rated them both but who knew at that point what their level was?

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    It just goes to prove, you can never trust a red.
    Forest now have a bit more commercial nous. S****horpe probably offered a fee to Forest to obtain his loan and most likely offered a bigger % of his wages than Notts were paying. The player himself had been tested and proven at league 2 standard therefore why not see whether he can make the step up to division 1. the deal seems quite straightforward to me. remember Forest run their academy for their own benefit. having seen many of the snide remarks on the Notts footymad site I would have serious issues about offering the hand of friendship to the Pies in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodred View Post
    having seen many of the snide remarks on the Notts footymad site I would have serious issues about offering the hand of friendship to the Pies in the future.
    What hand of friendship is that then? I've never seen it. Let's face it, most of your fans are Neanderthals stuck in a late 70s time warp and the ones that can manage to write in sentences are patronising. 'I like to see little County do well', they say, until we are actually a threat to them. Oh, and if you put a pound in one of our buckets, I'll gladly pay it back if you promise to **** off.

Looking on the bright side at least this should put an end to our pretend love affair with the Scum, I never have nor ever will trusted or liked the Barstewards. If it is true that we have had "assurances" that we would keep both players until the end of the season then it seems that they have done the dirty on us, but there is a difference between recalling a player because you have had an offer & want to sell & recalling a player so you can send him out on loan to another club imo, given that Yates has been given a new contract but then loaned out to S****horpe(rather than sold) suggests to me that brown paper bags are being exchanged.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    What hand of friendship is that then? I've never seen it. Let's face it, most of your fans are Neanderthals stuck in a late 70s time warp and the ones that can manage to write in sentences are patronising. 'I like to see little County do well', they say, until we are actually a threat to them. Oh, and if you put a pound in one of our buckets, I'll gladly pay it back if you promise to **** off.
    it was actually £50. i'll take a cheque

Ask Alan Hardy what having it in writing means. It seemed to count for something in his mind. I said they had a right to do it under EFL rules in my post. That doesn't make it right as in honourable. Why do we have so many Forest apologists on this board?
    Apologist? Couldn’t be further from the truth. A few of my Forest mates have been winding me up all season about being there reserve team. I’m relishing the chance to win promotion without them.
    Business is business and if we were in the same boat I’d like to think we would do the same thing if it benefited the club.
    Yates and Grant are contracted to another club and they’ve exercised their right to recall regardless of what we had in writing from an ex manager or whatever!

the hand of friendship was the loan of two players of a quality that you could not afford (these words from your fellow pies) as for me going away ? why ? all i was stating was the likely scenario that caused the recall of the loan.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast