+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Special Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    ......and most of the "parity payments" go on wages surely.......2 years ago the average wages in the Championship were 324,250 compared to 40,350 in League 2....multiply that by a squad of 20 and that is the 6 million spondullix down the swannee.

My point is that arguably a smaller club than Notts are making a decent fist of surviving 2 divisions higher than us......it can be done
    I can't see Burton paying that sort of money on wages. Having said that, I agree that there's no reason why Notts shouldn't survive (which is all Burton are doing) at Championship level.

Apparently we are still losing 1.6 squillion a year, despite attendances being up 60% ..
    Attendances up doesn't equate to improved gate receipts. We're doing £2 tickets for Crewe and my view is that many who pay full on the day will save a lot and a few will take advantage of a cheap match not to be seen again till the next offer. Need 10 people to pay for one normal and someone's saying we need to attract people who could not normally afford - what kind of business is that? Charity?

It would help if we actually played well when we put on these offers and there's a bigger attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by ReadWarbler View Post
    £60 is therefore equivalent to 3 games. As i would probably miss a couple each season it is edging towards not being worth it.
    What are these additional benefits of which you speak ?
    You're a season ticket holder so surely you know the benefits as these are detailed when you purchase it.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Attendances up doesn't equate to improved gate receipts. We're doing £2 tickets for Crewe and my view is that many who pay full on the day will save a lot and a few will take advantage of a cheap match not to be seen again till the next offer. Need 10 people to pay for one normal and someone's saying we need to attract people who could not normally afford - what kind of business is that? Charity?
    People aren't going to come to one or perhaps two or three cheap games and be converted and that's it. Alan Hardy is no fool, he knows this and he knows he needs to keep these folk wanting more, it's his money and he budgets for short term losses and what's more it's working, slowly, yes, but he and Nolly know what they're doing. With the recent signings of two new players - there maybe more - and the return of Noble, I'm expecting a bumper crowd against Crewe which should offset the low ticket prices.

Apparently we are still losing 1.6 squillion a year, despite attendances being up 60% and pre~match catering "through the roof" from 30 odd people previously to 350 now.....an extra 100k into the losses column is not high on the list of AH......Charlie quipped in "you must be paying too much in match bonuses"......makes you wonder how Accy and Morecambe survive on crowds of 365 plus a dog?

Interesting that Burton are actually making a profit of 1.35 million despite paying Championship wages

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41650536
    Attendances are up but we also give tickets away every game to school kids. We've also dropped ticket prices so that means lower income.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    My guess is that AH was genuinely worried that we had lost our core support of 5,000ish.....he needed to get these back plus build for the future.....once we get back to a solid 6,500 plus, he can ease up on the offers and start banking the full money......as Del states, it would help if we could stick 3 or 4 past Crewe and get the neutrals to return for more......speculate to accumulate

Let's say we got 50 new semi-regular fans for each fixture they put an offer on. Doesn't sound significant, but over 10 games in a couple of seasons that would be 500, a fair percentage of our average.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    You're a season ticket holder so surely you know the benefits as these are detailed when you purchase it.
    A free drink and bring a friend for free. I'm a Notts season ticket holder, i have no friends
    Interesting that the details also include a "price promise" that you will see the games at the cheapest price. I'm sure Mr Hardy will have had someone do the sums to make sure this promise is kept.

Only having a bit of fun as I buy my ticket each year to follow my team. It also gets me out of all those Saturday afternoon shopping trips with the Mrs, worth every penny.

My guess is that AH was genuinely worried that we had lost our core support of 5,000ish.....he needed to get these back plus build for the future.....once we get back to a solid 6,500 plus, he can ease up on the offers and start banking the full money......as Del states, it would help if we could stick 3 or 4 past Crewe and get the neutrals to return for more......speculate to accumulate
    1) We have lost a core support, but not through ticket cost

2) Agreed that getting people through the gate is a step towards improving attendance in the long run providing:

3) We put on a performance. It is not that long ago I started a thread pointing out that the bigger the gate the worse we perform

4) I also was commenting on the tweet that AH liked and retweeted, namely:

"This is giving a great opportunity to people who wouldn't be able to afford to go normally. "

and saying why are we trying to attract people would can't afford to go normally? Surely we should be attracting people who can afford to go normally otherwise what is the point?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast