+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Match Ratings v the Cobblers

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Fitz deserves a 7 today imo. Kept us in it - could see the passion in him at the final whistle when he came over to the Notts fans. It's clear he's feeling the pressure but did really well today.
    Nice to see positive reviews about Fitz. Playing well and a clean sheet will do his confidence a power of good - I saaay a power of good!
    Last edited by LaxtonLad; 22-09-2018 at 07:20 PM.

You obviously saw more things than I did! If he collected the ball, took 2 steps then dropped it and had to drop on it again, surely that's a foul?

The save from the header looked outstanding, although it was viewed from the other end of the pitch.

He deserves a 7.
    I'm guessing that the ref thought that he never actually had the ball under control ie he was juggling with it for those two paces, dropped it and dived on it.......no biggie, the save from the header was the best, though Stall commented that he would expect him to make a save like that.

The problem is, that we are coming from a position where the goal-keeping standards have been relatively low (not all Fitz's fault I know, most weeks, he has been used as target practice by the oppo) that we are now in danger of seeing a half-decent performance by him, and Notts in general, as somehow miraculous and everyone is having a communal circle-jerk.

I stand by my "scores on the doors"....5.5 at best, and we now have a worryingly low 3 points after 9 games, no wins, 3 draws and 6 defeats....I rest my case m'lud.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    0 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - FIVE - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10

I marked three players below a 5....and four players marginally above "average" ie at 5.5.....IMO nobody warranted a full point above "average"......has that explained it better to everyone?
    It's explained it from your point of view, but it's not something I can agree with. Firstly, 0/10 shouldn't be on the scale, as it's only ever used as a knee-jerk drama queen rating. It would really mean that every single thing the player did all game was bad, and nothing he did was in any way positive. My ratings are usually between 4 and 8 with the occasional 3 or 9 for a very poor or very good performance. On that 3-4-5-6-7-8-9 basis, 6 is the 'acceptable' or mid point. I always enjoy the ratings threads especially when I'm not at the game and appreciate any input, but it gets a bit confusing if we all have different standards

Maybe my marks are a bit generous but in the context of where they are as a team that extra resolve deserved the extra point. Northampton would have beaten us a fortnight ago just because they were big and physical and that was enough. Today we competed all over the pitch.

I'm guessing that the ref thought that he never actually had the ball under control ie he was juggling with it for those two paces, dropped it and dived on it.......no biggie, the save from the header was the best, though Stall commented that he would expect him to make a save like that.

The problem is, that we are coming from a position where the goal-keeping standards have been relatively low (not all Fitz's fault I know, most weeks, he has been used as target practice by the oppo) that we are now in danger of seeing a half-decent performance by him, and Notts in general, as somehow miraculous and everyone is having a communal circle-jerk.

I stand by my "scores on the doors"....5.5 at best, and we now have a worryingly low 3 points after 9 games, no wins, 3 draws and 6 defeats....I rest my case m'lud.
    Come on, he was better today than 'half decent'. He did everything needed and I have to say that I didn't see the mistakes you spotted. Then again, I wasn't looking for them. 😉

He seemed very emotional at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It's explained it from your point of view, but it's not something I can agree with. Firstly, 0/10 shouldn't be on the scale, as it's only ever used as a knee-jerk drama queen rating. It would really mean that every single thing the player did all game was bad, and nothing he did was in any way positive. My ratings are usually between 4 and 8 with the occasional 3 or 9 for a very poor or very good performance. On that 3-4-5-6-7-8-9 basis, 6 is the 'acceptable' or mid point. I always enjoy the ratings threads especially when I'm not at the game and appreciate any input, but it gets a bit confusing if we all have different standards
    You occasionally talk twaddle, but this is a classic.....Elitus has decided that the ratings 0, 1, 2, and 10 shouldn't be used therefore somehow making 6 an average score?....hahahaha....brilliant

So by conveniently removing the 3 lowest scores, and only one higher....you are somehow proved correct, that 6 is an average of 10? incredible.....I understand that you were never the brightest at school........but you are an arrogant PRICK.

OK everyone, Forum announcement....Elite has decided, by manipulating numbers, that my scores are invalid and should not count.....I'm wasting my time, sorry to have wasted yours

You occasionally talk twaddle, but this is a classic.....Elitus has decided that the ratings 0, 1, 2, and 10 shouldn't be used therefore somehow making 6 an average score?....hahahaha....brilliant

So by conveniently removing the 3 lowest scores, and only one higher....you are somehow proved correct, that 6 is an average of 10? incredible.....I understand that you were never the brightest at school........but you are an arrogant PRICK.

OK everyone, Forum announcement....Elite has decided, by manipulating numbers, that my scores are invalid and should not count.....I'm wasting my time, sorry to have wasted yours
    I have always thought that 6 is an average game.

You obviously saw more things than I did! If he collected the ball, took 2 steps then dropped it and had to drop on it again, surely that's a foul?

The save from the header looked outstanding, although it was viewed from the other end of the pitch.

He deserves a 7.
    I’d go with a 7 for Fitz - don’t actually recall any of the errors Tarquin describes. The save from the header was actually quite a comfortable one, but he still had to make it and pushed the ball away from danger. His handling was sound and kicking decent - not sure what else we could ask of him.

Neither side deserved to win today, very scrappy and error-strewn game - but I’ll happily take the point and the clean sheet.

Still think we’re lacking in midfield - we created very little today other than Hemmings’ excellent solo effort. Dead balls were pretty woeful, too. Big shout for a handball from one corner, but couldn’t see from the TV coverage if it was a penalty.

If you read the whole post, I thanked you and everyone else for posting your ratings, but simply said that they only really make sense if we all post them using the same standard. I don't care whether that standard is yours or mine, but you have to admit that when you use phrases such as "The Fitz-bashers will need to find a different object of derision this week", "Two cracking saves", and "the best performance from Fitz in a long while" and then only rate him 5.5 that many people will be a tad confused.

I understand it because I know you've never really got to grips with numbers (39% is a majority???), but others might not be so aware.

None of the players deserved better than a 5.5, as none of the players were better than average ie a 5.

On a scale of 0 to 10, zero being an abject failure and 10 being stella superstar.....our performance today was "average" at best ie a 4 for Tootle and Hewey and 4 players on 5.5.

Why didn't I score my joint MOM, Fitz, higher than 5.5?.......he ran out to collect a through-ball, had a misunderstanding with the covering Notts back, and almost ended up handling it outside the box....he also tried to launch the ball upfield and ending up hitting their attacker up the arse, again!....and on a third occasion he collected the ball, took 2 steps and dropped it again at the feet of a Cobblers player, and had to drop on a ball that he had already safely gathered!

Having said all that, he was a huge improvement on the last 5 or 6 games and I marked him accordingly.....Charlie and Stall put it more succinctly than myself "Fitz had a much better game, but the saves, and the punch, were saves that any competent keeper should be making"
    At least i can understand where you are coming from but still believe your ratings are nonsense!

If you're expecting stella superstar performances from League 2 players, you're never gonna give much above a 6...hence your low scores I guess. The ratings should be relative to the standard of the players on the pitch, not a comparisons to Man City or Liverpool Galaticos.

For the standard level of an average League 2 goalkeeper how did Fitz perform today? With your average rating of 5, only slightly better?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast