+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Jon Stead fit?

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Wouldn't have been a straight red any more, they changed it because you're not denying a goal scoring opportunity if you then have a penalty so it would have only been a yellow but Evatt was already booked so...
    That's only the case if it's a genuine attempt to play the ball, which Evatt would do well to claim there tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    Something’s not right. It’s now 1 goal in his last 13 league games and 5 in his last 28.
    Jon Stead is a player in decline. It's obvious and understandable as he's now in his mid-30s. He already was on the slide before we signed him, slipping down the leagues and released by Bradford, but for a couple of years he's been good enough to do a job at League Two level. In the summer we had an ideal opportunity to thank him for his service, wish him well on his journey to the USA, and use the money from his wages to invest in a younger player, ideally one who is on an upward trajectory. I could understand us keeping either Stead or Ameobi for their experience, and I would have kept Ameobi because he's a far better target man, but to keep both and start the season with them as our forward line shows a lack of sense.

Seemed to lose his legs then poke it towards goal. Don't think it was even on target goalie made it look good pushing it round for a corner. Wonder where his next goal coming from?

In some ways I hope he isn't fit because if that's his performance when fully fit, we've got more problems than we thought.
    Forte and Ameobi seem like such an obvious partnership to try anyway, particularly with the way we are trying to play this season, but sometimes it appears football managers like to try anything except the obvious...

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    In some ways I hope he isn't fit because if that's his performance when fully fit, we've got more problems than we thought.
    Forte and Ameobi seem like such an obvious partnership to try anyway, particularly with the way we are trying to play this season, but sometimes it appears football managers like to try anything except the obvious...
    Careful I posted a similar idea on another thread & got shot down! apparently we have got to back KN without question & have patience or AH will be paying us a visit!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Careful I posted a similar idea on another thread & got shot down! apparently we have got to back KN without question & have patience or AH will be paying us a visit!!!!!
    Perhaps if you balanced things with a bit of optimism now and again then people wouldn't shoot you down. The constant, streamless criticism brings everything down to a level that the club isn't at ( or may have been at if things hadn't changed at Christmas), ' if you change the way you look at, the things you look at change '

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Perhaps if you balanced things with a bit of optimism now and again then people wouldn't shoot you down. The constant, streamless criticism brings everything down to a level that the club isn't at ( or may have been at if things hadn't changed at Christmas), ' if you change the way you look at, the things you look at change '
    kelds my old fruit, I honestly didn't realise that I was becoming negative or over critical, the truth is that I am an optimist by nature & believe that AH & KN are doing a great job overall, however as a paying customer I feel justified in giving my opinion on the few things that I don't agree with. I have supported this club for about 50 years & will continue to do so & nobody will be more pleased than me if we get promoted this season, but although I may have blindly followed in the past I now feel that I am entitled to my opinion & if people disagree with it then no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    kelds my old fruit, I honestly didn't realise that I was becoming negative or over critical, the truth is that I am an optimist by nature & believe that AH & KN are doing a great job overall, however as a paying customer I feel justified in giving my opinion on the few things that I don't agree with. I have supported this club for about 50 years & will continue to do so & nobody will be more pleased than me if we get promoted this season, but although I may have blindly followed in the past I now feel that I am entitled to my opinion & if people disagree with it then no problem.
    Hallelujah Positivity 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Hallelujah Positivity 🙂
    Kev's 10 times more positive than me and that's when I'm having a good day!!!

It's me Yarkshire heritage, serry.

See all, say nowt.

Sup all, pay nowt.

And if tha does owt fer nowt, do it fer thaself...................

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast