+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackburn Rovers Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by shshsh22 View Post
    Lol,you wanted Odoffin to be released the other day.No surprise our best defensive performance, came with the omission of your favourite Harding,the worst performer of the season.

Read 1st Blackburn thread my side included Odoffin like I said cause Lindsay not been on his game. If not Harding Kioso at right back. Peltier no can't get forward Chieo tracked back covering him all the game. Great performance more to come when they are more up to speed from Morrison & Leo.

No good having a big stat
    It’s what you do with a smaller one that counts

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I just don’t get this possession statistic, yes Blackburn had the ball more than us but 23%, that’s just ridiculous

At half time it was 25% yet we managed 3 more goals in the second half and it dropped to 23%

Not a reliable statistic, deeply flawed
    Considering the ball is only in play for around 60 minutes it only takes a team passing it around across the back, forward, across the back etc. to eat up time. At one point today, for the 10 minutes after we scored the 2nd goal they had over 80% possession but did nothing with it. It doesn't really matter anyway. Just watching the Brentford game they haven't won a single game this season where they have had >50% possession but have 7 wins to their name. They might be panicking though as they are currently 1-0 up with 60% possession.

One stat that did help us today. Scoring the fastest goal so far in the Championship this season. Did any late arrivers miss it? It was a beauty!
    Last edited by CAMiller; 14-01-2023 at 06:21 PM.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...hip-highlights

90%+ possession on these highlights

Name:  8E11D349-A0B3-4E91-AF98-56F644A37CEC.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  20.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Considering the ball is only in play for around 60 minutes it only takes a team passing it around across the back, forward, across the back etc. to eat up time. At one point today, for the 10 minutes after we scored the 2nd goal they had over 80% possession but did nothing with it. It doesn't really matter anyway. Just watching the Brentford game they haven't won a single game this season where they have had >50% possession but have 7 wins to their name. They might be panicking though as they are currently 1-0 up with 60% possession.

One stat that did help us today. Scoring the fastest goal so far in the Championship this season. Did any late arrivers miss it? It was a beauty!
    I'm pretty sure Leicester only averaged 35% possession over the season when they won the Premier League title.
    Percentage possession really is a meaningless statistic, it's what you do when you have the ball that matters and.........⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I just don’t get this possession statistic, yes Blackburn had the ball more than us but 23%, that’s just ridiculous

At half time it was 25% yet we managed 3 more goals in the second half and it dropped to 23%

Not a reliable statistic, deeply flawed

The only thing that’s deeply flawed is the belief that dominating possession means victory. I don’t care if we only have 5% so long as we gain the points needed to stay up - we made a good side look, well, not so good today - happy days!

Well, what can you say? The 2 new lads fitted it well but i think Humpreys was outstanding, that tackle on the halfway line was brilliant.
    Rathbone deserved his goal for the work he put in, ditto Washington, who looked very lively.
    I expected more from Blackburn in the 2nd half but they actually were worse, lots of tippy tappy going-no-where-football.
    Changing to a back 4 closed off lots of space behind the wing backs. This has caused us problems of late. Well done MT for sorting it.
    that's a first for Fergie lasting 90 mins, no running back as often.
    Well done everyone today, looked a happy unit again, on to Watford, a real test there next week.................UTM.

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    23% possession and 4 goals and a clean sheet - recall the binary days when we had heaps of possession and lost with great regularity?

Never saw this coming, MT in his post match interview talked about an honest team meeting and simplifying things on the pitch - well it’s worked pitch perfect today and we’ve been right on song

No Eaves on the bench? Is he injured?
    Saw, been told Eaves can leave on a free. Maybe that spells out why he wasn't even on the bench today. He won't be missed that's for sure.
    Another Gilbert Bos, they come around every now and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Saw, been told Eaves can leave on a free. Maybe that spells out why he wasn't even on the bench today. He won't be missed that's for sure.
    Another Gilbert Bos, they come around every now and again.

Wow! Will we have another situation of a 3 year contract player just sitting it out and waiting for a payoff? Hope he does have some pride and moves on to further his career - we do need more cover up front for the run in. How has it come to this?

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast