+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Squad for next season!

Re Robson, will that not just be because we’ll be looking to get a development fee?

I’m sure Southampton are still itching to sign him 😳

Quote Originally Posted by Logie_Arab View Post
    Dundee United today announced the following players are leaving the Club upon expiry of their contracts: Willo Flood, Bilel Mohsni, Mark Durnan, Cammy Ballantyne, Jordie Briels, Paul Quinn, Grant Gillespie and Emil Lyng. Returning to their parent clubs on completion of loan deals are Thomas Mikkelsen, Harry Lewis, Anthony Ralston, Craig Slater and Brandon Mason.
    Discussions continue with other players.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/new...EPARTURES.html
    Great! NOT! That leaves the likes of Scobbie and Toshney, who have contributed diddly squat! I hope they are told to find new clubs. Far better imho to have tried to keep Durnan and Moshni, albeit I suspect it is a bit of relief on their part they are leaving a club that is in turmoil and wouldn't or couldn't play under Csaba. Ballantyne I saw once and he looked ok and had some drive.

Quote Originally Posted by NOSCOTCAPS View Post
    Great! NOT! That leaves the likes of Scobbie and Toshney, who have contributed diddly squat! I hope they are told to find new clubs. Far better imho to have tried to keep Durnan and Moshni, albeit I suspect it is a bit of relief on their part they are leaving a club that is in turmoil and wouldn't or couldn't play under Csaba. Ballantyne I saw once and he looked ok and had some drive.
    I think i saw on the net somewhere that Scobbie had been told they could find other clubs.

Really dont see why Ballantyne was not re-signed as i thought the half he played he did well enough to get a run in the team! Its some size of brush they are using to clear the decks!

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    Gilliespie wasnt a great player far from it. but he added much added steal infront of the defence. he basically reminded me of paul paton (who people seem to want back)

both would get stuck in but would be dreadful with the ball at their feet. the clean sheets we kept at the end of the season the majority of them had GG in the team. not saying it was all down to him (deniz and moshni had big says in that) but we looked far better defensively by having that protection infront of the defence something flood or stanton weren't great at doing. he should have been kept imo

durnan had his good moments and looked good in this divison but he was never going to win over the fans after the relegation season where he took alot of criticism. i was never fully convinced by moshni tbh. looked decent at the start but by the end he looked complacent alot. thought he could dribble himself out of trouble.

mikkelson was a poor mans jon daly. ok if you give him decent service but just not good enough to help us get out of the division. flood was past it. slater was played out of position. briels was injured. quinn was shocking. mason was hardly played after falkirk. lyng was terrible. lewis was ok at the start but confidence went then became derek stillie.

so only two players i would have kept out of that list was Ralston (if we could get him back that is) and gilliespie.

lets just hope robson joins the list of punted!
    I said somewhere on here I'd have kept Gillespie. Reason I said that was based on the couple of games I saw him in where he wasn't brilliant but he looked to me like he would show up much better with better players around him.

Durnan and Moshni I suspect are getting replaced from Hungary/Romania/Croatia etc, just a guess.

No real issues with anyone on that list bar Ralston and he may be on there due to a technicality i.e. we have to release him back and renegotiate.

Fraser and Robson it may be £ so holding on for now.

Quote Originally Posted by NOSCOTCAPS View Post
    Maybe the club wary of employment law and currently unable to deal with Toshney and Scobbie who seem to constantly have Doctor’s lines .

Perhaps the club have knowledge of issues dealing with people on the pat and mick and contract termination

Hope we don’t have to wait till they’re fit before releasing .......contracts more likely to run down than that happen !

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofballer View Post
    Maybe the club wary of employment law and currently unable to deal with Toshney and Scobbie who seem to constantly have Doctor’s lines .

Perhaps the club have knowledge of issues dealing with people on the pat and mick and contract termination

Hope we don’t have to wait till they’re fit before releasing .......contracts more likely to run down than that happen !
    Saying conversations continue with others so maybe in negotiation?

Scobbie and Edge telt they can find new clubs according the one of the rag papers.

Fyvie, Fraser, Murdoch, Deniz, Toshney, Scobbie, Edge, King, Robson, McDonald and maybe others not mentioned so far, Csaba maybe taking his time getting round them all ? Some on holidays already ( since last December for some of those ) ? Negotiations to stay or go maybe needing MM to consult also ?

Or they can’t understand what Slabber’s saying to them and will need the letter !

DCT will keep us up to date with their daily headlines

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    No McDonald on that list
    Strange one.
    Was he a loan signing?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofballer View Post
    Fyvie, Fraser, Murdoch, Deniz, Toshney, Scobbie, Edge, King, Robson, McDonald and maybe others not mentioned so far, Csaba maybe taking his time getting round them all ? Some on holidays already ( since last December for some of those ) ? Negotiations to stay or go maybe needing MM to consult also ?

Or they can’t understand what Slabber’s saying to them and will need the letter !

DCT will keep us up to date with their daily headlines
    Scobbie and Edge have been mentioned. Told not in managers plans and free to find another club.
    Doesn't mean they will tho 😕

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)