+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Squad for next season!

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydufc View Post
    Durnan should have been kept, His contribution has been under rated
    Defensively he can defend and a good threat in the oppositions box on corners and wide free kicks
    He's not the little dribbling type of player but with the proper partner alongside him in the rear guard reckon he could have excelled
    A few good wins under our belt the confidence would grow all through the team
    Durnan would have probably wanted a 2-3 year contract though so I'm happy he's away . If he was still under contract and had say a year left then I'd have also been ok with him still being with us for 1 more season in this league but we can't be giving contracts to players we know are limited and wouldn't be any good to if we get back up.

I think we should have kept durnan and no problem giving him 2 years.

Not the most attractive footballer but he is effective.

He’s one of our most reliable performers of last couple of years.

I hate all this "with a good player beside him" chat. Why can't we just get 2 good ****ing centre halves instead of one good and one ****e who can only play good with the right partner.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I hate all this "with a good player beside him" chat. Why can't we just get 2 good ****ing centre halves instead of one good and one ****e who can only play good with the right partner.
    Agreed. And if the signings so far are anything to go by I think we will.

ps how come we've not signed anyone today? Not good enough imo

Honestly canny believe what I'm reading here, Durnan good at defending? He can't header the f*cking ball plus thinks it's acceptable to let the ball bounce in the penalty box, 2 year extension!! Where have you guys been the last 3 years?
    Good riddance to him.

Quote Originally Posted by arab81 View Post
    Honestly canny believe what I'm reading here, Durnan good at defending? He can't header the f*cking ball plus thinks it's acceptable to let the ball bounce in the penalty box, 2 year extension!! Where have you guys been the last 3 years?
    Good riddance to him.

He puts in a shed load of headers. He’s main defender we have had. He’s not perfect but where is the better centre half? He’s better than murdoch, Edge or scobbie

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    He puts in a shed load of headers. He’s main defender we have had. He’s not perfect but where is the better centre half? He’s better than murdoch, Edge or scobbie
    Quit when you're losing LS What the lads are saying is he's not good enough overall and we need better.
    Being better than Murdoch Edge and Scobbie does not make a player good enough to be a mainstay at CB for us in a promotion winning season. Csaba actually will know this, Luggy will know it, so wait on the new players coming in

LS, I believe Murdoch, edge and Scobbie should follow durnan out the door, the positions of GK and CB's over the last 3 years have been nothing but shocking.
    We need to get these positions right or we'll never get out this league, pity Mohsni isn't signing but it is what it is, keep looking, don't settle for the utter dross we have.

Quote Originally Posted by arab81 View Post
    LS, I believe Murdoch, edge and Scobbie should follow durnan out the door, the positions of GK and CB's over the last 3 years have been nothing but shocking.
    We need to get these positions right or we'll never get out this league, pity Mohsni isn't signing but it is what it is, keep looking, don't settle for the utter dross we have.
    WTAF - penny has dropped Edge has another year left on contract? wholly phuck so CB wise we have him, murdoch, scobbie and Toshney. No need for reinforcements chaps

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    WTAF - penny has dropped Edge has another year left on contract? wholly phuck so CB wise we have him, murdoch, scobbie and Toshney. No need for reinforcements chaps
    Just because they have contracts doesn't mean they're all staying? I hope

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)