+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I want to know

I want to know

Did the players choke in the first half or did they play as instructed?

It was awful, it's hard to criticise the strikers who have to try and feed off that rubbish. I find it odd that they came out in the second half and battered them for 20 mins, their fans were in stunned silence. The only implication from this is that Nolan got the tactics totally wrong in the first half.

We can play football but too often we play aimless long balls and you must have all seen the under 11's image of all outfield players in a tight circle of about 30m2 on a few occasions, don't think I've ever seen that in the pro game to such an obvious degree. No attempt to pull off and stretch play, it was like the ball had a magnet in it. Our movement was poor to non existent in the first half, we were slow and seem to have players who react rather than read a game.

We were clearly afraid of their pace so sat deep and were slow to come out, Forte, I felt sorry for, no supprt at all and yet he gets slaughtered.

Mass clearout has to happen.

Nolan said we just didn't handle the occasion. I would agree as we showed in the 20 min spell after half time that we can play. I'd never deny they're the better footballing side, but we had them rattled and I'd have definitely fancied us to win at 2-2.

Think the game plan was always gonna be keeping it steady in the first half then go at them 2nd half. Didn't work out though. Listen man, it's a learning curve and we'll come back stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    Nolan said we just didn't handle the occasion. I would agree as we showed in the 20 min spell after half time that we can play. I'd never deny they're the better footballing side, but we had them rattled and I'd have definitely fancied us to win at 2-2.
    I thought the body language from a couple of our lads during the walkout and line-up for the handshake looked reluctant or fearful rather than pumped up. Just an inkling and I'm not sure whether you can read anything into such things.

Maybe the comments from the owner before the game on EMT didn't help suggesting it didn't matter whether they got promoted or not, he's in for a nasty shock next year when crowds drop back to 4,000

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Maybe the comments from the owner before the game on EMT didn't help suggesting it didn't matter whether they got promoted or not, he's in for a nasty shock next year when crowds drop back to 4,000
    Why will that happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    Did the players choke in the first half or did they play as instructed?

It was awful, it's hard to criticise the strikers who have to try and feed off that rubbish. I find it odd that they came out in the second half and battered them for 20 mins, their fans were in stunned silence. The only implication from this is that Nolan got the tactics totally wrong in the first half.

We can play football but too often we play aimless long balls and you must have all seen the under 11's image of all outfield players in a tight circle of about 30m2 on a few occasions, don't think I've ever seen that in the pro game to such an obvious degree. No attempt to pull off and stretch play, it was like the ball had a magnet in it. Our movement was poor to non existent in the first half, we were slow and seem to have players who react rather than read a game.

We were clearly afraid of their pace so sat deep and were slow to come out, Forte, I felt sorry for, no supprt at all and yet he gets slaughtered.

Mass clearout has to happen.
    Unfortunately, we have played a lot of games like that this season, Barnet, Swindon, Chesterfield and Grimsby away? and Newport not much better.......Nolo has certainly got the "best out of a bad bunch" in staying in the top 3 for so long.....after xmas it all fell apart as teams suddenly realised that we were strictly mid-table fodder....Covo simply ripped us apart no matter how much people blame the refs.....we are strictly a one-dimensional team.....sorry....great season, loved it....now find some proper footballers if we want to get promoted.

For what it’s worth I was shocked at how easy it was first half- you were supposed to be the streetwise and experienced team, but we played through you at will.

Is Nolan all he’s cracked up to be? He’s surrounded himself with old stagers but I didn’t see anything over two legs to suggest he’s some kind of shining star of the future

Every single person connected with the club should have been desperate for promotion and the owner said " well it doesn't matter" what happens next season if Notts start badly, people lose interest very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthful View Post
    For what it’s worth I was shocked at how easy it was first half- you were supposed to be the streetwise and experienced team, but we played through you at will.

Is Nolan all he’s cracked up to be? He’s surrounded himself with old stagers but I didn’t see anything over two legs to suggest he’s some kind of shining star of the future
    This is his first full season....he is learning

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast