+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T - East Midlands Airport.

O/T - East Midlands Airport.

Anyone who has not been up there recently will not have seen the plethora of double red lines which have replaced the yellows.
    They're on every road.
    There is now a white van with ANPR cameras in it which patrols - the driver doesn't have to stop, or talk, or warn you, your number plate will be recorded. £100 fine.
    AFAIK there are no static cameras.
    Yet.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 12-06-2019 at 01:13 PM.

Yep, and £4.50 for 30 mins pick up, £2 for 10 min drop off and £1 per minute thereafter!

I haven’t used EMA for a few years now... it’s a horrible airport with despotic regulations and charges.

I’d sooner drive to Manchester, Birmingham or Stanstead.... or even better Robin Hood (the best)

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Yep, and £4.50 for 30 mins pick up, £2 for 10 min drop off and £1 per minute thereafter!
    If you get stuck at the Rapid Drop Off exit gate behind some plank who doesn't know what they're doing it might cost you more. I regularly see queues there.

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    I haven’t used EMA for a few years now... it’s a horrible airport with despotic regulations and charges.

I’d sooner drive to Manchester, Birmingham or Stanstead.... or even better Robin Hood (the best)
    Robin Hood is great It’s like a massive (fairly expensive) Wetherspoons where you can park pretty much outside, have a couple of pints and then go on holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Robin Hood is great It’s like a massive (fairly expensive) Wetherspoons where you can park pretty much outside, have a couple of pints and then go on holiday.
    I would probably try it, but I always seem to get the best fares from Birmingham. It's always worth driving past EMA to get there.

A tip for parents with children is to use Edinburgh airport in the second half of August. The fares are literally half price because the Scottish school holidays have finished.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    It’s £2 for only a 5 minute drop off and £1 for every minute after!,

Quote Originally Posted by stewb View Post
    It’s £2 for only a 5 minute drop off and £1 for every minute after!,
    Shocking to charge at all IMHO.

EMA is yet another example of bad management, and as Notts supporters, we know all about that.
    The airport is neither welcoming for departing passengers or those arriving. Sadly, it cannot really be an acceptable alternative
    when flying, given the proximity of either Birmingham or Manchester.

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    Anyone who has not been up there recently will not have seen the plethora of double red lines which have replaced the yellows.
    They're on every road.
    There is now a white van with ANPR cameras in it which patrols - the driver doesn't have to stop, or talk, or warn you, your number plate will be recorded. £100 fine.
    AFAIK there are no static cameras.
    Yet.

For East Midland Airport read..North Korea...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast