+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Josh v Vlad

Josh v Vlad

My wife decided to pay the the extortionate Sky prices to watch this fight. £20.

I did enjoy it and thought it was a great fight in parts. I also thought the pikey Tyson,, was right saying Vlad was a one trick pony. However overall I did think Vlad was the better fighter despite losing in a TKO. He dominated and stuck to his game plan. Josh was unable to get past the reach of Vlads left.

Josh has a haymaker right upercut which saw off his opponent but I can't help feel that he would have been battered v a younger Vlad.

Josh said to be young at 27? He ought to be at the top of his game. I thought Vlad made Josh look like a novice for most part and Vlads one trick nearly paid off but fair play to Josh for coming back from the dead.

I don't think Josh is the class act Bellows was bellowing about, the gibbering pudlian that he is.

Josh is now calling for Tyson . . .

I can't see any class - I want to but can't.

What did you make of it Laz?

I know we agree that the lady who sung the National Anthem was true quality.

I pretty much agree with you gaz! Klitchko looked very good throughout the fight and should have stopped Joshua between rounds 6 and 8 but maybe at 41 he just didn't have it in him anymore to do it? Klitchko was the class act and looked the better fighter and I'm certain if he was 5 or 6 years younger he would have won? Joshua has looked very good up to this fight but was tested to the limit by a class act. Let's hope Joshua has learned from this fight and will be better next time out? It's great to have a British world champion again and I really like Joshua but I agree against Klitchko there didn't seem to be an awful lot of class there! Joshua reminds me of Bruno (but better) big muscles and a big punch but not a great boxer, Ali and Mike Tyson would probably have beaten him very easily? But a win is a win and he is young enough to improve, and there isn't a lot out there right now to really test him in my opinion so hopefully he will go on and unify the division? It was a very exciting fight gaz and if you consider it cost £27 last season to watch Swindon in the Arkells and Don Rogers Stands £20 last night was pretty good value LOL
    Last edited by lazaat; 30-04-2017 at 07:22 AM.

Great fight, AJ was superb but learned a hard lesson from Klitschko.

Going down at heavyweight level and coming back to win is superb, also going into the later rounds will do AJ the world of good and experience.

All round it was a memorable fight and we have a great heavyweight in AJ.

All the best bigman.

Just to add to this, Klitschko looked a bit drained at the weight, he most probably thought speed was key and at 41 he was thinking that was the best route to go. I'm going to watch this again on the repeat. Brilliant stuff.
    Last edited by Rab_The_Ger; 30-04-2017 at 03:24 PM.

Yes credit to the lad Laz / Rab

I too thought Vlad was a bit too lean. But his agility was there to get him out of trouble a few times. Josh looked rigid for most part. He looked as if he was nervous and wasn't breathing properly. Which is why I think Vlad was winning the fight until the TKO. Vlad is a much smarter boxer in my opinion.

I've not seen Josh fight before so my views are based on last night.

I am aware he is looking after his oldboy boxing gym guy and bought him a new car before this fight and said there would be more to come which is great news for the boxing community should he help his old gym out

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1959 View Post
    Yes credit to the lad Laz / Rab

I too thought Vlad was a bit too lean. But his agility was there to get him out of trouble a few times. Josh looked rigid for most part. He looked as if he was nervous and wasn't breathing properly. Which is why I think Vlad was winning the fight until the TKO. Vlad is a much smarter boxer in my opinion.

I've not seen Josh fight before so my views are based on last night.

I am aware he is looking after his oldboy boxing gym guy and bought him a new car before this fight and said there would be more to come which is great news for the boxing community should he help his old gym out
    Gaz, the problem with AJ, is he heads in with the straight line, head movement is key, he can jab and move with ease.

He's superb in all of boxing style, I just want him to move his head when he attacks with the left jab, counter attack with the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Rab_The_Ger View Post
    Gaz, the problem with AJ, is he heads in with the straight line, head movement is key, he can jab and move with ease.

He's superb in all of boxing style, I just want him to move his head when he attacks with the left jab, counter attack with the right.
    Good shout Rab. I thought he reminded me of Bruno last night (not quite as rigid as Bruno tho of course)

Gaz i cant agree mate, my view is that AJ didnt train hard enough for this fight and nearly paid the price for it. I genuinely believe he thought he would finish VK off within two/three rounds and being the younger fighter prob stuck in his head for the wrong reason.
    This is was and will be his biggest lesson in boxing ever and he will take from this fight his naivity and turn it into maturity and i truly pity AJ's next opponent.
    VK has ruled the heavy weight with his brother for 10yrs so he was always going to be a steely hard opponent who has the same as any boxer has ...a jab and killer punch he could land.
    For Tyson to call anyone a one trick pony is a F@%$ing joke at best, that muppet couldnt knock VK out and won on a points decision so to come out and say TO AJ "I toyed withhim" makes him an even bigger fool with even less respect from the boxing nation.
    AJ showed class after the 6th round where it could all have ended so easily for him, and now il bet Gaz youre asking me where the chuff did i see his class.......well he gets cleaned out to easy yeah but 7th round a proper boxer showed up and used all his class and boxing skills to get his self away from danger get his head back steady himself and nottake too much punishment for the next few rounds, Then rounds 10 &11 he came out and boxed clear headed and precise no looking for the big one just keeping his head respecting VK even more and then took control of the ring....For him to do that against one of the best boxers around and out fight him after being cleaned out showed true class and professionalism from AJ.
    I hope VK will team up with AJ and take him to the next level in his carreer one which sadly the team around him at the moment cant do, but i hope the camps join forces and make the best fighter this world has seen at heavy weight since ALl.
    VK will teach AJ more and Tyson Fury wont stand a chance because he is a one trick pony with no class no respect and no honesty
    In my eyes AJ walked in that ring a immature big hitter with a hammer blow and stepped out a mature class actof a boxer with a lethal talent .

Ohhh n errr i saved £20 mate n i like dozen others on our coach back from a brill day out at palace streamed the fight via face book ....FOR FREE

lol I bet you could see lots of the action Holy.

I agree that Josh did show some good moves but his most threatening combinations only occurred on three occasions when he seemed to spring in to life and show what he can do. But for the most part I had Vlad on top and I beleive he would have won on points.

I know what your saying about Tyson's comments but I have to agree on this occasion as Vlad had a game plan that didn't deviate hence 1 trick pony. However I think Vlad executed a well thought out fight. I think Vlad may have over trained for this fight.

I know we will agree that the next AJ fight will be a beaut to watch

For him to go further he defo needs VK in his camp and use his team wisely, i think should this happen then the Wilder fight would look the more done deal and yes what a fight that would be.
    Vlad 10 years on top one trick pony ....NAHHHHH thats just Tyson being a dick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast