+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fans Groups

Fans Groups

Get yer best PR folk and no aggressive communicators in tow.

Its time.

But not like the last time.

The swell is coming. The time for change may have past in your minds but the minds for change are exponentially increasing.

**** ST and MM.

SRYB

I've decided to start my own over here.
    I'm going to call it the VJPFLT

That's short for the Valencian Judeans People's Front for The Liberation of Tannadice

Jeez it would make you laugh if it wasn't so sad. Every single one of these fan groups of ours - whether they like it or not - is playing into the hands of Steven Thomson, and their failure to put egos aside and join forces is probably putting the day of change further away.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I've decided to start my own over here.
    I'm going to call it the VJPFLT

That's short for the Valencian Judeans People's Front for The Liberation of Tannadice

Jeez it would make you laugh if it wasn't so sad. Every single one of these fan groups of ours - whether they like it or not - is playing into the hands of Steven Thomson, and their failure to put egos aside and join forces is probably putting the day of change further away.
    whats worse is not one response (apart from that pish you posted ) - i mean from one of the groups.

Absolutely top notch prime time for marketing. And there is a wee statement asking MM to clarify something or other.

Need to goto core and hurt ST and make MM fully phucking accountable for whats coming out.

I feel apathy has hit the fan groups. Im a paid up member for one (as is JG) but not a peep.

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    whats worse is not one response (apart from that pish you posted ) - i mean from one of the groups.

Absolutely top notch prime time for marketing. And there is a wee statement asking MM to clarify something or other.

Need to goto core and hurt ST and make MM fully phucking accountable for whats coming out.

I feel apathy has hit the fan groups. Im a paid up member for one (as is JG) but not a peep.
    Pish is people like Juan Shoe coming on here and slagging off ordinary fans that spend money on sponsorship and hospitality. Pish is 4/5/6 fan groups including ArabTrust btw that cant seem to amalgamate to maximise their power. Pish is not one of these fan groups harnessing the power of media.

We now appear to have a candidate who is or at least was prepared to buy ST out. Surely now is the time for these groups to get united behind him, use the power of the media use the power of demonstrations at Tannadice AND in the city centre, and kick up so much of a rumble that MM persuades ST he really should agree a deal with John Gibson as soon as possible, or the turmoil caused by the united group will grow and just get worse.

The individual fan groups wouldn't have to disband to do this. They can keep their chairman committees steering groups etc

Form one umbrella group, let's call it Thomson Out Now. Put forward 2 committee members to
    A) agree a constitution. Well here is the constitution "that this group will work together until Steven Thomson sells up"
    Agree a press and PR strategy to support the above
    C) That we will agree ways to cause as much disruption to the Board at home and away matches, and in the vicinity of Dundee until A is achieved.

Because the inability of these groups to work together as one is damaging the timescale we have left to get our club back where it belongs.

I totally agree.
    We have a United fan willing buy ST out. We must rally behind him now. Seize the moment.

What were the two clauses in the deal added at the 11th hour that were so unacceptable to make John Gibson give up?

He is not allowed to say but could it be the ex chairman wanted an addition to share cost if United get promoted this year or maybe a percentage of any transfer money that United get for the sale of any current players.

We need to campaign to get these clauses removed whatever they are and get the Gibson deal back on and over the line now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    I totally agree.
    We have a United fan willing buy ST out. We must rally behind him now. Seize the moment.

What were the two clauses in the deal added at the 11th hour that were so unacceptable to make John Gibson give up?

He is not allowed to say but could it be the ex chairman wanted an addition to share cost if United get promoted this year or maybe a percentage of any transfer money that United get for the sale of any current players.

We need to campaign to get these clauses removed whatever they are and get the Gibson deal back on and over the line now.
    These are wild guesses but I'd say stuff like keep MM as Chairman, some financial benefit in the future despite severing all ties by selling shares, eg player sales and lastly some element of non disclosure about what JG will find out about finances when he takes over.

Tbh any of the above would justify JG 's description of it being bizarre.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)