+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Široki Brijeg v Aberdeen

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Deadly serious with Stockley, Rooney never won a header all game v them on Thurs and think Stockley would be better at roughing them up like at Hampden, i know its a gamble with his elbows but surely Dek can have a word and tell him to cool it a bit because of euro refs being less lenient. Im also a massive Rooney fan but unless he has sharpened up in a week we need something different. Also get GMS on the ball more often as their RB was one of the worst players av seen play the game
    At one point he passed the ball right to GMS for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Not really that harsh, I just said he was poor. Which he was.
    He was unlucky when he rounded the keeper and the defender deflected it wide,he made some decent runs but his crossing wasn't great.I can think of 8 players who were worse than him on Thursday but to be fair I think they will all improve when they have more game time under their belt.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    He was unlucky when he rounded the keeper and the defender deflected it wide,he made some decent runs but his crossing wasn't great.I can think of 8 players who were worse than him on Thursday but to be fair I think they will all improve when they have more game time under their belt.
    Oh aye, I`d start with GMS. And Stewart. AND Stockley.

We all know the danger with Stockley and his elbow. But surely Deek & Doc will have been working on that ???

big danger with the Bosnians is the way they go down if you bat an eyelid at them. They`ll be worse at home.

They only need to sit back , draw us in , and hit on the break. 0 - 0 is eniough for them.

So we need to go for a " quick " goal wiithout leaving space at the back,....................mind you , scoring the one goal of the game in the 89th mniute would do us too. Just won`t be that enjoyable for us sunseekers !!!

I was very surprised how the Belgian Ref turned all soft an easily conned by the second half, as he seemed ok in the first half. Lets just hope ALL our players watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Oh aye, I`d start with GMS. And Stewart. AND Stockley.

We all know the danger with Stockley and his elbow. But surely Deek & Doc will have been working on that ???

big danger with the Bosnians is the way they go down if you bat an eyelid at them. They`ll be worse at home.

They only need to sit back , draw us in , and hit on the break. 0 - 0 is eniough for them.

So we need to go for a " quick " goal wiithout leaving space at the back,....................mind you , scoring the one goal of the game in the 89th mniute would do us too. Just won`t be that enjoyable for us sunseekers !!!

I was very surprised how the Belgian Ref turned all soft an easily conned by the second half, as he seemed ok in the first half. Lets just hope ALL our players watch it.

I agree with pacman I think we will get a 2-2 dra.

It's probably worth the risk with Stockley he will hold the ball up and bring the attacking players up the park.Its just a risk because the referee will have zero tolerance with his swinging elbows.

Quote Originally Posted by foreveradon View Post
    Rooney had his normal did nothing game
    20 goals plus a season for 3 years or so is pretty decent for 'normally doing nothing'.

Have you forgotten when our 'strikers' would struggle to get 12 goals a season!

I agree with pacman I think we will get a 2-2 dra.

It's probably worth the risk with Stockley he will hold the ball up and bring the attacking players up the park.Its just a risk because the referee will have zero tolerance with his swinging elbows.
    Plus the fact their players drop like flies, I wonder if its too big a risk.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Guess it's fair to say it wasn't the result most of us were expecting on Thursday. Hope the away goal doesn't do too much damage to our chances to go through to the next round and a likely trip to Cyprus.

Greg Stewart has to to start in my opinion, he looked like the kinda player we've been crying out for. I'd like to see Kenny Mclean benched on Thursday. GMS is a tricky one for me, he was poor last week but I would like to think we will see a lot more out of him once he's settled a bit.

Start with the tempo that we did at Pittodrie, hopefully get an early goal and then soak up the pressure after that and most importantly work on keeping possession.

In/Out - In
    Furryboots - away section
    Pre-match - drinking responsibly
    Post-match - drinking irresponsibly
    Prediction - 2-1 Rooney scores a winning penalty
    Can't start with a very high tempo. Temperature out there was 30 last week. We need to box clever in this game. I'd be tempted with a 4-4-2

Quote Originally Posted by WatsonNimrod View Post
    20 goals plus a season for 3 years or so is pretty decent for 'normally doing nothing'.

Have you forgotten when our 'strikers' would struggle to get 12 goals a season!
    Exactly,someone said on here the other day he is our best striker since Shearer who also did little of note apart from score.Bit before my time but I've been told Harper was the same.

Rooneys 77 goals have won us a hell of a lot of games,I would rather have a striker who scores goals than one who contributes other skills but doesn't score as much.

Exactly,someone said on here the other day he is our best striker since Shearer who also did little of note apart from score.Bit before my time but I've been told Harper was the same.

Rooneys 77 goals have won us a hell of a lot of games,I would rather have a striker who scores goals than one who contributes other skills but doesn't score as much.
    It's not a put down on Rooney. This game will need a plan that does not play to his strengths.

We need a lone striker up front towin the ball in the air , and lay it off to our other players . It also needs a lone striker who is mobile and can hold the ball up on the ground ,and again bring our supporting players into the game.

That's not Rooney'a game. And that's why he didn't start against Rijeka away. Goodwillie did.

And now we have Stocklwy and Maynard to try and provide us with that .

And you'll probably see the same against Celtic too. If we still play a lone striker .

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post

It's not a put down on Rooney. This game will need a plan that does not play to his strengths.

We need a lone striker up front towin the ball in the air , and lay it off to our other players . It also needs a lone striker who is mobile and can hold the ball up on the ground ,and again bring our supporting players into the game.

That's not Rooney'a game. And that's why he didn't start against Rijeka away. Goodwillie did.

And now we have Stocklwy and Maynard to try and provide us with that .

And you'll probably see the same against Celtic too. If we still play a lone striker .
    I can't disagree with that,there are games where we need something more than Rooney can offer.Not sure about Maynard McInnes said he is similar to Rooney in he will score if you give him a chance and by Thursday night he doesn't seem like he will offer more than that.

Just think some people are being harsh on Rooney because he offers nothing apart from his goal scoring. Yet for 20 odd years every one has been complaining we don't have a goal scorer in the team

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast