+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 2018

Falkirk 6 Dundee united 1
    Dundee United 1 Ross County 5
    Dundee United 0 Ayr United 5

Last time I saw results like that I was playing U11s football. And still a month of the year to go!

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post

Last time I saw results like that I was playing U11s football. And still a month of the year to go!
    Shocking , the sort of results United had away back in the 1950s.
    I've seen us get pumped a few times over the years mostly from Celtic and Oldco all in the top league . Really shows how far this club has fallen that it's often happening in the second tier now and not even 24 hours after the event It doesn't upset me the same as it used too.
    Getting used to it I suppose. 😥

A year to forget, lots of unwanted records broken. Last night was awful but it was one game and can quickly be turned around.
    Feel bad for the younger fans watching that pish. We will probably lose much of that support as the years roll on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutherland Arab View Post
    A year to forget, lots of unwanted records broken. Last night was awful but it was one game and can quickly be turned around.
    Feel bad for the younger fans watching that pish. We will probably lose much of that support as the years roll on.
    It’s tragic and do start to go a bit numb after a while. It’s not acceptable as a result. This group of players don’t have mentality that you don’t allow yourselves to get beat like that.

I feel a bit better about because we have a manager I believe can eventually sort it out rather than csambles.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    It’s tragic and do start to go a bit numb after a while. It’s not acceptable as a result. This group of players don’t have mentality that you don’t allow yourselves to get beat like that.

I feel a bit better about because we have a manager I believe can eventually sort it out rather than csambles.
    Clinging to that as well, that Neilson will tweak the squad and sort it out. Also liked his calm, measured approach to post match rather than Laszlo's rambling rants.
    He has some job to do though. Have we got a sports psychiatrist at the club?

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Was thinking exactly this, while trying not to add
    St Mirren 3 Dundee United 0
    Dundee United 0 - Morton 3
    to the list of criminal score lines that this calendar year has brought us.

We haven't played in Paisley this year, beat them at Tannadice though

The unacceptable scorelines this year have been mentioned plus United 2-3 QotS

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    We haven't played in Paisley this year, beat them at Tannadice though

The unacceptable scorelines this year have been mentioned plus United 2-3 QotS
    I stand corrected, it was 2 days before 2018 started and it was 2-0, not 3-0.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)