+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Mediocre squad even for the Championship.

Agree with Terry and Jellos comments. We have hit a slump and it was dire yesterday and we looked back to the bad old days. Silly subbie but it may just show RN doesnt believe this squad can push on and given what he was watching i dont blame him. There wer plenty FFS's about the sub around me. RN aint a golden boy but i have more faith in him than Csaba. It pains me though to think we may have to wait until next season again as we have loads on 2 and one on a 3 year contract ffs. He is trying to get this bunch to over achieve and maybe its clear whilst you can do that for a while consistency isnt possible as **** floats.

As for RB what the phuck about Sam?? he was good last season when i saw him but was awful a couple of games for us and noweher to be seen now?

The goalies i now agree are both a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Don't tell us somebody that goes to see United knows better than someone listening to the radio��

lol

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Don't tell us somebody that goes to see United knows better than someone listening to the radio😋

I did neither trophy virgin peter

Quote Originally Posted by JelloBiafra View Post
    Having suffered yesterday in that godforsaken hole of a place I would love to hear how exactly we should have won given that the very mediocre opposition actually had the ball in the net more times than we did? That was up there amongst the most clueless Mixu and Csaba performances too slow all over park couldn't put two passes together for much of the game and Mr W King shat his pants when he could have won the game. We need a huge improvement at ICT and Neil Alexander in goals please

Simple, we were leading 1-0 and but for terrible goal keeping from a needless fk then we'd have come away with 3 pts away from home, how we performed wouldn't matter too much

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    TTT is desperate for the fans to turn on Neilson....
    To clarify, this is 100% not true. I am right behind Robbie and I'll commit right now. I want him to be our manager for the next 2 years, at least. We already know I'm far more patient about such things than most.
    Last edited by TerryTheTerror; 09-12-2018 at 10:37 PM.

Yesterday was suppose to be the player's chance to respond to last week's thrashing from Ayr ............

I agree that almost all teams will go through a short lull period where they under perform, but given how tight the league is United don't have much room to keep under performing as it will open up a bigger points gap in the league.

United are still in the promotion mix, still sitting with a good, decent chance of actually winning the league - but a few more results like yesterday will put the players and management under pressure.

Picking up a point away from home while playing so badly is a warning that the squad of players need to raise their game .

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    To clarify, this is 100% not true. I am right behind Robbie and I'll commit right now. I want him to be our manager for the next 2 years, at least. We already know I'm far more patient about such things than most.

I will raise that to 5 years for Robbie please but we were ****ing awful yesterday especially 45 to 79 minutes. We got what we just about deserved 1 point versus a team that will be 7th or 8th.

But no some **** on the radio knows best...and some keyboard warriorka.
    Last edited by TerryTheTerror; 09-12-2018 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Simple, we were leading 1-0 and but for terrible goal keeping from a needless fk then we'd have come away with 3 pts away from home, how we performed wouldn't matter too much
    I said at the time that it was a ridiculous free kick to give away and Rakivan’s error was ultimately costly, but prior to that they had what looked like to me, a perfectly good goal disallowed for offside. For most of the second half we looked like we were trying to hang on against a poor Morton side. We couldn’t string 2 passes together & kept hoofing the ball up the park, for them to press forward again. We never seemed to win any second balls & despite Morton being sh1t, it looked only a matter of time before we would eventually concede. Even when King was clean thru I never expected him to score (haven’t seen it again on TV but was Safranko not waiting for King to square it, which was surely the better option than hitting it straight at the keeper?)

Strange subbie & not sure why he took Aird off, but a lack of attacking threat on the bench doesn’t make RN’s job any easier.

That was a Morton team that were there for the taking, but Managers tactics/players attitudes meant we ended up dropping 2 points.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlisleArab View Post
    I said at the time that it was a ridiculous free kick to give away and Rakivan’s error was ultimately costly, but prior to that they had what looked like to me, a perfectly good goal disallowed for offside. For most of the second half we looked like we were trying to hang on against a poor Morton side. We couldn’t string 2 passes together & kept hoofing the ball up the park, for them to press forward again. We never seemed to win any second balls & despite Morton being sh1t, it looked only a matter of time before we would eventually concede. Even when King was clean thru I never expected him to score (haven’t seen it again on TV but was Safranko not waiting for King to square it, which was surely the better option than hitting it straight at the keeper?)

Strange subbie & not sure why he took Aird off, but a lack of attacking threat on the bench doesn’t make RN’s job any easier.

That was a Morton team that were there for the taking, but Managers tactics/players attitudes meant we ended up dropping 2 points.
    guy dived dint get touched but by going in it was inevitable should have just covered the left flank and tracked him if needed at worst a cross in with 2 in box or a throw in.

Im thinking managers tactics are due to the dross he has. Anyway hate that **** hole of a place so will be glad to get out of the division in 20 years time.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlisleArab View Post

Fair points re dropping off in second half. Neilson has criticised team for that though - says he told them to pass and disappointing with dropping to their level by hoofing it.

We are in a tough predicament right now and need to pull together and back Neilson to get us out of this league. Not much margin for error left unfortunately after the bad start

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)