+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lee McCulloch

Lee McCulloch

Joining as assistant to Robbie apparently.....

Seen that on Facebook. If this comes to pass where does that leave Laurie Ellis? And while we’re at it, why the actual phuck is Southern still hanging around like a bad smell?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Seen that on Facebook. If this comes to pass where does that leave Laurie Ellis? And while we’re at it, why the actual phuck is Southern still hanging around like a bad smell?
    Ellis here as defensive coach with McCulloch as assistant/striker coach. Strange though that he would take on an assistants joab as i though he did well for being thrown in at the deep end in management.

What's Gordon Forrest's role again?

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/new...EAD-COACH.html

Some cash we are splashing out on the coaching side BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    What's Gordon Forrest's role again?

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/new...EAD-COACH.html

Some cash we are splashing out on the coaching side BTW.
    Agreed. So that’s Neilson as Head Coach, Forrest as assistant head coach, Ellis as defensive coach and McCulloch as assistant/strikers’ coach. Forgive me but, what a load of p1sh. Far too many. (If indeed that is the set up)

Quote Originally Posted by japanarab View Post
    Agreed. So that’s Neilson as Head Coach, Forrest as assistant head coach, Ellis as defensive coach and McCulloch as assistant/strikers’ coach. Forgive me but, what a load of p1sh. Far too many. (If indeed that is the set up)
    F#cking hell that's a mental amount of coaches. Just when I thought you lads were getting some credibility you go and appoint Lee McCulloch!!

Quote Originally Posted by japanarab View Post
    You missed out Craig Easton, Neil Alexander, and Scott Robertson...

Terry... I posted this in a WhatsApp chat with fellow Arabs.

Seriously, though. How big a backroom team do we need?

- Shaba (chief gardener/manager)
    - Robbie (head coach)
    - Ellis (assistant)
    - Forrest (US guy, first team coach/assistant)
    - McCulloch (first team coach)
    - Alexander (keeper coach)
    - Gabris (conditioning coach)
    - Dailly (fitness coach)

I had East/Robertson in too, but took them out as youth coaches.

Gabris and Dailly I'm not sure about.

Easton is the reserve team coach isn't he? Robertson is definitely youth, but still. If this is the way Robbie has had success in the past then I'll all for it but it seems like a lot of coaches for a club our size.

Ultimately, no one will care if we get promoted though.

Just an observation, if I'm right, and not necessarily a criticism.
    I have never been on any Club's website & not seen a full run-down of what is commonly referred to as the 'backroom staff'.
    Every Club I've ever looked up has a comprehensive listing of Manager/1st team Coach right down to Kitman with pics & penpics of each. And then the same for the Directors.
    But not our Club.
    If you go to our website you will not even find out that Robbie Neilson is our 1st team coach.
    Strange? Just laziness?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)