+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T get to work idle sods

Mike miller didn't say ALL ex squaddies were like this. I understand crash was an ex squaddie. If he comes out with comments like he does tho he is inviting this sort of criticism inmy opinion. I know yak is an ex squaddie and have always considered him to be a reasonable poster because he doesn't come out with stuff like this. I am sure that mike miller would not be .talking about the likes of him

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Mike miller didn't say ALL ex squaddies were like this. I understand crash was an ex squaddie. If he comes out with comments like he does tho he is inviting this sort of criticism inmy opinion. I know yak is an ex squaddie and have always considered him to be a reasonable poster because he doesn't come out with stuff like this. I am sure that mike miller would not be .talking about the likes of him

Mikemiller knows nothing about our armed forces or about anybody that's served in them.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I went to a small village called Oradour sur Glane the other day. It has a visitors centre ther that explains what happens in as much detail as possible with what they found in the remains.

over 100 Nazi SS troups from Germany and the Alsace (French) went to this village one evening to set an example in revenge to the capture of an SS officer.

The rounded up everyone and seperated the men from the women and children. The men were executed in three places in the village and burnt whilst the women and children were locked in the church. Whilst in the church the SS opened firs through the windows and then set fire to the church along with the rest of the village.
    The next day the Nasi SS troups came back and burried the bodies which meant that when the discovery of the masicre was made there was no way of identifying the bodies which numbered over 600.

Nazis did this type of thing and no comparison can be made to scroungers.

If you haven't already then pick up a copy of Max Hastings book Das Reich.

It goes into this incident in some detail and gives a fuller perspective of what happened.

It's not as straight forward as it first appears

Incidentally it's the opening sequence of the first chapter of that excellent TV series World At War if you've got the DVD

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Mikemiller knows nothing about our armed forces or about anybody that's served in them.
    So you know Mike miller personally then? Bet you 2 get on well.

He may have experienced the armed forces himself for all you know. You really have got to stop making things up without fact

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Near humberside airport fields full of tenting people . Vw's and people walking all over the road like its a new law.
    Equinox apparently. Any excuse for a day off.
    Mind you benefit scroungers more likely.
    Good for them! Shamed it rained for em. Movement of being a free bird and living in a democratic society. Love and let live.

Wait hang on a minute..... did I say ‘democratic’. If the B word goes tits up they’ll be no democracy and it’ll be a free for all.

He may have experienced the armed forces himself for all you know. You really have got to stop making things up without fact

I very much doubt it.

But you’re right I don’t know for certain.

So you know Mike miller personally then? Bet you 2 get on well.

Not even on the Christmas card list nor would I want him to be.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Aren't you a benefit scrounger OAP yourself these days?

Forgot to say.
    retired early not receiving oap.
    just living off my savings.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Forgot to say.
    retired early not receiving oap.
    just living off my savings.
    Here here Crash about to join you doing the same pal ...

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast