+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Signings: Cedric Evina and Jamie Turley

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Hence the "ay".
    I can't be the only one who sometimes calls them centre backs, just like full backs, but in the centre.

So Milsom and Hewitt/Vaughn in midfield then?
    He obviously believes in Milsom and Vaughan is suppose to be way above this level (admittedly not seen it yet but I don't think that's all down to him) so I think we are going to have to trust him. I personally don't think a hard man in midfield was going to solve all our problems. A lot of issues have been defending set plays/crosses and not getting back as a team to cover and communication.

Hence the "ay".
    Is that ay as in 'eh'? Or as in 'aye'?

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Or Kellet or Thomas or Husin? Or Hawkridge or Patching or Crawford?

Perm any two, three or four from nine.
    I was sorta thinking the centre 2 defensive ish pairing.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    He obviously believes in Milsom and Vaughan is suppose to be way above this level (admittedly not seen it yet but I don't think that's all down to him) so I think we are going to have to trust him. I personally don't think a hard man in midfield was going to solve all our problems. A lot of issues have been defending set plays/crosses and not getting back as a team to cover and communication.
    The destroyer would allow Vaughan to do his stuff, Milsom will help in this regard but he's not the out and out one we need. The set pieces is caused by the count in goal. At the moment, it's on the defence to clear the ball every time, they need help from the keeper but he's rooted to his line. Just replacing the defenders with non league players really isn't going to help matters, they'll still be under the same pressures as before but less quality

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Is that ay as in 'eh'? Or as in 'aye'?
    When I say "ay" as in "what you on about", you would be far more likely (and accurate) to spell it "ay", than eh or aye. Hope that clears it up, serry. Arna, innitt. Gerront corsey afor I tell thee marther.

Turley looks like the big bruiser type of central defender everyone has been calling for.

When I say "ay" as in "what you on about", you would be far more likely (and accurate) to spell it "ay", than eh or aye. Hope that clears it up, serry. Arna, innitt.
    As in 'eh' then. Cheers Gumpy.

Think the issue is there are no Keepers out there any better. We have had people post on here the free agents and no one has been strongly suggesting who we should get. If the word on the street was the ex forest keeper was decent I am 100% sure we would have signed him.

So Milsom and Hewitt/Vaughn in midfield then?
    Anybody but Hewitt!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast