+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Forte is now our most potent goal scorer

The biggest pisser about Forte is why he wasn’t even on the bench against Wycombe, when we were desperate for a goal and didn’t have a single striker to bring on.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Stead has scored only 9 goals in the league compared to Fortes 7 and most of those were penalties. Not a very good return considering how many game he has played. It would be intersting to see how many on this board would like him in our starting line up next season....
    Discounting Stead's cup goals to work in your favour would make sense if he'd scored them all against cr*p teams but he scored 3/4 of them against teams in divisions higher than us. 6 (penalties) out of 13 (goals) is not "most" either but a goal is a goal regardless

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Discounting Stead's cup goals to work in your favour would make sense if he'd scored them all against cr*p teams but he scored 3/4 of them against teams in divisions higher than us. 6 (penalties) out of 13 (goals) is not "most" either but a goal is a goal regardless
    Being as you like him so much , would you have him in the starting line up next season ? Yes or No. Also he has not managed to score many goals against 2nd Div defenses and that is what should matter..
    Last edited by durhampie; 16-04-2018 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    The biggest pisser about Forte is why he wasn’t even on the bench against Wycombe, when we were desperate for a goal and didn’t have a single striker to bring on.
    Well that alone tells you what sort of arrogant manager we have..

Boreham Pie at his most positive.

If and it is a big if we went in to next season with the same squad then YES Stead starts, every game.
    It is impossible even for a numpty like Durham to say who should have or shouldn’t be starting next season given none of us know who will be here. As for KN being arrogant, it beggars belief that the biggest idiot on this board is calling him arrogant, based on what? His choice of players, tactics (hoof ball to said numpty) that has us firmly in the playoffs, which is higher than 99% of people, including said numpty thought we would be.

Nolan has generally been a very good manager for us AND he’s been a bit stubborn over Forte.

It is possible to hold both of these opinions at once.

Doesn’t make him arrogant though. He chooses players he trusts to do the job. The players that if not successful would cost him his job.
    As fans we can dispute these selections with 100% confidence that we can carry on with life as normal. He and all managers don’t have that freedom of thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Doesn’t make him arrogant though. He chooses players he trusts to do the job. The players that if not successful would cost him his job.
    As fans we can dispute these selections with 100% confidence that we can carry on with life as normal. He and all managers don’t have that freedom of thought.
    Correct. Just to suit his argument, durhampie hasn't said a single word about the many anonymous appearances Forte has made this season. Then again, he'd only fall back on his tedious 'hoofball doesn't suit him' excuse anyway. It seems harsh to say anything bad about Forte at this stage because his form in the last two games has been a major contribution in keeping auto promotion hopes alive and making a playoff position highly likely. But there is a bigger picture, and his season overall has been average. I honestly hope he proves me wrong and fires us to League 1. What really bugs me is durhampie's constant criticism of Kevin Nolan. This is the bloke who in the space of a season has taken us from touching distance of non-league to touching distance of League 1 FFS! What does durhampie say about him? Constant digs that he has cost us guaranteed automatic promotion due to his poor style of play, biased team selection, and hopeless tactics. What do I say about durhampie's opinion of Kevin Nolan? Unfortunately that would take far more expletives than the rules allow!

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Being as you like him so much , would you have him in the starting line up next season ? Yes or No. Also he has not managed to score many goals against 2nd Div defenses and that is what should matter..
    Depends what league we're in. The stats don't exactly show that he is declining as a footballer at this level, I think we'd do well to find another striker around the same ability as him without spending a reasonable amount of money.

In an ideal world he will be 3rd or 4th choice because we've brought in two better quality strikers that have displaced him and Shola, who I would love to have as an option off the bench even in League 1 as long as we're not relying on him to start every week like we have done this season.

And in your world where only goals scored in this division matter, maybe he'll score more in League 1 as his record against higher division teams this season is 3 goals in 4 games.

I'm guessing you were on holiday in January or something while Jon Stead scored in all 6 of the games we played that month? I'm not even a big fan of Stead but your dislike of him is as stupid as most of your post history, I'm slightly surprised you're actually praising Forte, it must hurt you to praise something for once but I suppose it's worth it when it suits your overall agenda.

Another thing that's funny, your argument that hoofball doesn't suit Forte... It doesn't suit Stead at all either, he's always looked useless when managers try and play him as a target man and has always looked a much better player when the ball is played into his feet.

Funny thing is - for all the calls begging for Forte as the one player we have with a bit of pace - his goals have all been close range scrambles.

Jonathan "Lineker" Forte to take us up, anybody?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast