+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 46 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Who needs Parliament?

Quote Originally Posted by arnapie View Post
    We won't "leave", this is what our Euro Masters have planned for us

https://twitter.com/i/status/1171824806762876929
    Why would anyone want to leave the EU?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post

Cognitive dissonance at its finest.
    Too much Westworld.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Why would anyone want to leave the EU?
    Having seen the picture alluded to . did Monty Python get it right ?

"The winner was undoubtedly from Mrs No-Supper-For-You from Norwoode in Lancashire... Miserablee Fat Belgian *******s" ( or one Miserable Fat ******* in this picture ), although to be fair, he looks pissed rather than miserable"

I put an extra "e" on the end of miserable, so I couldn't be accused of copy, and paste by some of my less forgiving protagonists

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    He's actually also managed a World Record (so far) for the longest time it's taken Elite to agree with him.

Give it a minute....... he must be having trouble logging back in.
    Missing your bum chum Tricky by any chance? He shot himself in the foot, you'll just have to try and live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    A post without swearing and mentioning the royal family. Well done.
    Poor lads lost access to the Momentum spell checker. Well, if yer gonna miss riot after riot. There is some good news though, he gets to keep the 'Oh Jeremy Corbyn' underpants.

Anybody interested should have a read of the Yellowhammer documents, released by the Govt because they were forced to by the horrible Remainers in Parliament. A ‘reasonable worse case scenario’. (Previously called ‘base scenario’ but renamed for some reason).

Then come back and tell us what a great idea or strong negotiating tactic a ‘no deal’ is.

My money's on 'the border in the Irish Sea' solution. What irony that Bozo's antics with the split in the Tory Party has resulted in the DUP's position being annihilated. The 'orrible Arlene no longer controls any vote.
    Yer average Brit couldn't give a fig about Norrun Iron so Bozo will willingly sacrifice the province on the altar of his own popularity. Finding 'a solution' is all that matters to him and his tawdry hangers-on.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    My money's on 'the border in the Irish Sea' solution. What irony that Bozo's antics with the split in the Tory Party has resulted in the DUP's position being annihilated. The 'orrible Arlene no longer controls any vote.
    Yer average Brit couldn't give a fig about Norrun Iron so Bozo will willingly sacrifice the province on the altar of his own popularity. Finding 'a solution' is all that matters to him and his tawdry hangers-on.
    I think what we're likely to see is Boris come back with something resembling a deal, this will be win win for him, if he gets it passed then he's the guy who got it done as promised, if as i would expect it gets voted down the opposition again will look like blockers and delayers which strengthens his position.

For all the Boris bashing thats gone on its really Corbyn who has allowed himself to be backed into a corner, he cant accept any deal that is presented because he will be endorsing Boris as PM and he will look bad preventing the final chance at getting a deal if they vote against or abstain again, his only real option is to make a big show of 'reluctantly' accepting a deal presented and take Boris on in an election,which he will lose horrifically.

I think the 31st oct will come and go without a a deal being agreed in parliament and the EU debating over whether to extend or not and we'll be out by default with no deal arranged.

Here's a link to the Operation Yellowhammer: HMG Reasonable Worst Case Planning Assumptions.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...address-motion

Anyone who voted Leave and did not expect a significant period of disruption must have been casting their vote in fantasy land, or perhaps didn't read the document circulated by the Government to every household in the country - at the public's expense - foretelling the worst case scenario as they sought to scare folk into voting Remain.

For the most part the Yellowhammer documents reiterate the types of disruption that have already been trailed in the media. I don't think many people will be surprised at this stage by the types of disruption being forecast, and some of the 'detail' is still speculative as well as being by definition 'Worst Case'. There are plenty of words like 'could' and 'may' and 'likely' in there.

However, of particular interest is paragraph two on page one, which states:

"The relationship between the UK and the EU as a whole is unsympathetic, with many Member States (under pressure from the Commission) unwilling to engage bilaterally and implementing protections unilaterally, though some Member states may be more understanding".

As revealed by this paragraph, and subsequent bullet points within the document, the EU has in some respects actively refused the UK's offers to find/fund solutions that would make certain elements of the transition easier.

Like the mafia, this is not a club you are welcome to leave of your own free will, or that you are supposed to leave at all. It is not a healthy relationship of mutual co-operation between friends. This is an organisation that resents the departure of one of its biggest benefactors and is inclined to be at least awkward, if not openly hostile in its desire to make this process as difficult as it can.

I have absolutely no doubt that many if not most individual European countries would wish to continue friendly relations with us, albeit some more enthusiastically than others, but the European Union as an entity is not anybody's friend. It is a self-serving, malevolent, undemocratic bureaucracy whose ultimate aim has always been to undermine the sovereignty of its members, control increasing amounts of their resources and ultimately create a United States of Europe.

The message could not be clearer: any member state of the EU that shows a willingness to be overly understanding, sympathetic or cooperative with the UK post Brexit will come under pressure from the Commission not to do so.

Why would we want to be a part of an organisation that not only resents a member's sovereign right to exercise its free will to leave, but which then coerces remaining members to play their part in punishing that state for making such a choice?

I suspect many will conclude that a period of intense disruption - if it materialises - is a small price to pay to escape this trap.
    Last edited by jackal2; 11-09-2019 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Here's a link to the Operation Yellowhammer: HMG Reasonable Worst Case Planning Assumptions.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...address-motion

Anyone who voted Leave and did not expect a significant period of disruption must have been casting their vote in fantasy land, or perhaps didn't read the document circulated by the Government to every household in the country - at the public's expense - foretelling the worst case scenario as they sought to scare folk into voting Remain.

For the most part the Yellowhammer documents reiterate the types of disruption that have already been trailed in the media. I don't think many people will be surprised at this stage by the types of disruption being forecast, and some of the 'detail' is still speculative as well as being by definition 'Worst Case'. There are plenty of words like 'could' and 'may' and 'likely' in there.

However, of particular interest is paragraph two on page one, which states:

"The relationship between the UK and the EU as a whole is unsympathetic, with many Member States (under pressure from the Commission) unwilling to engage bilaterally and implementing protections unilaterally, though some Member states may be more understanding".

As revealed by this paragraph, and subsequent bullet points within the document, the EU has in some respects actively refused the UK's offers to find/fund solutions that would make certain elements of the transition easier.

Like the mafia, this is not a club you are welcome to leave of your own free will, or that you are supposed to leave at all. It is not a healthy relationship of mutual co-operation between friends. This is an organisation that resents the departure of one of its biggest benefactors and is inclined to be at least awkward, if not openly hostile in its desire to make this process as difficult as it can.

I have absolutely no doubt that many if not most individual European countries would wish to continue friendly relations with us, albeit some more enthusiastically than others, but the European Union as an entity is not anybody's friend. It is a self-serving, malevolent, undemocratic bureaucracy whose ultimate aim has always been to undermine the sovereignty of its members, control increasing amounts of their resources and ultimately create a United States of Europe.

The message could not be clearer: any member state of the EU that shows a willingness to be overly understanding, sympathetic or cooperative with the UK post Brexit will come under pressure from the Commission not to do so.

Why would we want to be a part of an organisation that not only resents a member's sovereign right to exercise its free will to leave, but which then coerces remaining members to play their part in punishing that state for making such a choice?

I suspect many will conclude that a period of intense disruption - if it materialises - is a small price to pay to escape this trap.
    Sorry jackal, but I find that naive in the extreme. Did you really think that the EU would be helpful in any exit deal? Of course they wouldn't, and there's no reason they should be. We have stuck two fingers up at them, so it's up to us to find a beneficial way to leave. After 3 years we are still nowhere near that, because there is no good deal to be had.

Page 46 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast