+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Marcus Rashford

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    So you thought it was money well spent, did you, Navy?
    Not at all but we also gave 6million to the French recently and they decided to spend it all on baguettes.

Quote Originally Posted by macstop View Post
    Macstop, dont be an idiot. He's a working class lad from Wythenshawe, Manc born and bred, 1 of 5 kids from a single parent family who had to work his way from the bottom to the top. Why shouldn't he use his platform to make things easier for poorer families? Labour certainly wouldn't have been able to push that through. He's played an effing blinder, and in the process, made our stupid PM eat his words. Good on the lad.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Macstop, dont be an idiot. He's a working class lad from Wythenshawe, Manc born and bred, 1 of 5 kids from a single parent family who had to work his way from the bottom to the top. Why shouldn't he use his platform to make things easier for poorer families? Labour certainly wouldn't have been able to push that through. He's played an effing blinder, and in the process, made our stupid PM eat his words. Good on the lad.
    Hay up Manc, well i think if you read the post that followed i was defending him, i was making the point that some one was calling his sort for earning obscene amounts of money, and i will never watch premier league football, they are all primaddona's, ect, ect.

Anyway you can't tell me about being hard up, i was in homes as a youngster until i was adopted by a kind Irish family, i don't know my real mother or father, he was lucky his mother wanted him, yes i am one of them white privileged kids, who really feels it when he gets called a Ba****d!!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstop View Post
    Hay up Manc, well i think if you read the post that followed i was defending him, i was making the point that some one was calling his sort for earning obscene amounts of money, and i will never watch premier league football, they are all primaddona's, ect, ect.

Anyway you can't tell me about being hard up, i was in homes as a youngster until i was adopted by a kind Irish family, i don't know my real mother or father, he was lucky his mother wanted him, yes i am one of them white privileged kids, who really feels it when he gets called a Ba****d!!!
    I understand why you would feel like that. Indeed, not all white people are privileged either. Not sure who called you a *******, but that's uncalled for.

Marcus Rashford should be applauded for his efforts which I believe are genuineand very honourable. What a decent young man he is. However I am not at all certain all the recipients of the free dinners will be truly deserving but that is the society we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Marcus Rashford should be applauded for his efforts which I believe are genuineand very honourable. What a decent young man he is. However I am not at all certain all the recipients of the free dinners will be truly deserving but that is the society we live in.
    If the children get fed then every one of them is a deserving cause. There will of course be some parents who don't spend it on the children, but I'm happy to realise that will happen and concentrate on the children who are in need.

In the same way, someone asked me why I give to the foodbank when people go there to get food then spend money on cigs, lottery tickets etc. Again, I realise this happens but I think I'm not responsible for their behaviour, but if a child gets some food who might have gone without, I'll keep giving.

As you say QP, it's the society we live in.

Isn’t it awful when someone gets something nice that they don’t deserve. I got a hug from my wife when I said something grumpy; I do wish she’d waited till I deserved it.

I could not agree more. Footballers sometimes get bad press but in the case of Marcus Rashford he has stepped above the parapet and has done a really good and decent thing. Having seen the interview he comes across as well grounded, decent and articulate. His parents should be very proud of him.

He is a true role model for young people to look up to.

Quote Originally Posted by applepie View Post
    Isn’t it awful when someone gets something nice that they don’t deserve. I got a hug from my wife when I said something grumpy; I do wish she’d waited till I deserved it.
    Excellent thought-provoking post that gets right to the core of things.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Excellent thought-provoking post that gets right to the core of things.
    Really? Its definitely thought provoking but I think such a scenario as described has certainly an application in certain circumstances but not the one I have mentioned. However I do like the post a lot.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast