+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 530 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110510 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Chris Cadden was subject to rumours before and will go into the season with only a year left on his contract.
    I doubt Motherwell would let him go cheap though and there would be a lot of suitors I'm sure.

What do you think it would take?
    Do you think Motherwell would accept £500k? If so I think he'd be worth getting

That said, right wing / mid is probably not on our priority list
    Cadden would be a good signing and the more pace we get back into this team the better.
    As you say his position will not be on our priority list as the will be filled with defensive midfielders...Del’s top priority signings will be defensive players.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    When he was at the DABS, always thought he was over-rated & lightweight.
    Can’t remember him having many good games or standing out against us.
    Not as good as Christie or McLean, the two that currently could play his role.
    I would take a chance on Gauld. Certainly not the worst of signings we could make.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Cadden would be a good signing and the more pace we get back into this team the better.
    As you say his position will not be on our priority list as the will be filled with defensive midfielders...Del’s top priority signings will be defensive players.
    It probably should be, but we also need to replace Christie, McLean and possibly Stewart as attacking players

Chris Cadden...What do you think it would take?
    Interesting 🤔

Just a point on the playing budget.

Blah blah blah made up pish...then there's about £500k left for transfers

All a bit hypothetical, I don;t know the exact figures, but who can we get in with a £500k transfer budget on £4k a week, bearing in mind we need to replace about 9 players.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Interesting ��
    You never know what happens in the window.
    It's entirely possible we could receive a bumper offer for McKenna.
    Not that I want him to leave as yet, but that can influence the available budget.

Also, I think the investment that went into McLean hoping for a return could be used with the likes of Cadden.
    Young and potentially resellable.

That said if McKenna was to leave, I wonder if we are keeping tabs on Ben Heneghan.
    Had a good season at Motherwell before being sold to Sheffield United and has failed to break through there.

Do you have any suggestions?

Wrong again Mason
    Which is absolute confirmation that I’m right, again. I’ll bid you farewell Peter. Until the next username...

Good spot Basingstokered.

The 29-year-old began his youth career at Reading, where Rodgers was the academy director

So they had known each other at Reading and can explain why they embraced
    Ok he was(i stand correted) but wasnt his coach and travelled Europe learning the ropes.

Hobbitc@nt must have made a massive impression in the one season as a youth team player at 16 years old in that case. Totally comparable to SAF and Ronaldo embracing. Jonnys infact a good guy.Hope you recover soon lad. Cheers for the 1.3 million which wasnt infact a c@nty manoeuvre at all. Cheers mate. All the best with your mucker you know so well from when you were a child. #wearealljonnyhayes

Away and sh@te

You never know what happens in the window.
    It's entirely possible we could receive a bumper offer for McKenna.
    Not that I want him to leave as yet, but that can influence the available budget.

Also, I think the investment that went into McLean hoping for a return could be used with the likes of Cadden.
    Young and potentially resellable.

That said if McKenna was to leave, I wonder if we are keeping tabs on Ben Heneghan.
    Had a good season at Motherwell before being sold to Sheffield United and has failed to break through there.

Do you have any suggestions?
    I only brought it up after you were mocking other posters about suggesting something like that. "**** the budget" I believe you sarcastically replied to another poster.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    When he was at the DABS, always thought he was over-rated & lightweight.
    Can’t remember him having many good games or standing out against us.
    Not as good as Christie or McLean, the two that currently could play his role.
    Well he must be awful then considering the abuse McLean and Christie get.

Gareth Bale is supposedly on his way out of Real Madrid,let’s go for him.

Chris Cadden was subject to rumours before and will go into the season with only a year left on his contract.
    I doubt Motherwell would let him go cheap though and there would be a lot of suitors I'm sure.

What do you think it would take?

That said, right wing / mid is probably not on our priority list
    £500k?
    Interesting.
    Loose change to us, eh?
    Can I ask, where’s this £500k coming from?

Page 10 of 530 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110510 ... LastLast