+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Player Ratings vs Carlisle

Great result, average performance but how long is KN going to let Duffy get away with squealing every time he gets challenged, it's embarrassing..

Quote Originally Posted by bobbilly View Post
    Red card makes it very easy to drop a player Look at Fitz. I don't think he's played since his faux pas*.

Noble to me looks a decent player, he can pass, can tackle and isn't afraid of a a shot. I don't get the hate on here for him. Of the couple of times I've seen him play he's looked pretty decent (I'm in the north east so can't get to every home game).

* I could be wrong
    Welcome bobbilly! Noble is a quality player at this level and probably in L1 too. The mixed emotions you see about him on here are due to his old habit of getting booked approximately every time he wore a football shirt and sent off every time he walked on ( I may, perhaps, have exaggerated a little for effect there by the way). This was before he went to Forest Green Rovers following a well worked plan between him and Mark Cooper, involving amateur karate, to get them both an easy pay rise. Once there, Noble duly beat his demons discipline-wise and captained them to promotion into the League. This despite having to live on hay and moss and 'wanting to be closer to his family'. It turned out we're his family by the way.

Unfortunately for many on here it's a case of 'once bitten, twice shy', perhaps understandably, and they're just waiting for his first disciplinary slip up to explain to anyone who'll listen how they saw this coming...probably because they did.

I'm a fan of Noble as a footballer so I do hope he has his demons locked away now and performs to his obvious potential for Notts without blotting his copy book by collecting a whole pack of cards to his name. He's an excellent player so here's hoping.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 14-02-2018 at 06:29 PM.

I wouldn't knock Adam Collin too much, although it appears he is all over the place in front of his goalmouth and sometimes it's the wrong place, he's trying to guess if his defenders are going to tackle in the box or hesitate and allow the shot - so where does he go?

Noble put in more of a shift last night than Grant has done in the last three or four games. Working like he does (Noble) some passes are bound to go astray, but you cannot fault his effort and commitment to get the ball into Notts' possession.

Forte looked to be eager to impress and brought some speed into the attack, enough to distract the Carlisle defenders. It's a shame our midfield were so very slow in coming out of defence, with a bit more support we could have used his pace to better effect.

Don't our defenders realise that a big boot out of defence with no realistic chance of it reaching and being controlled by a Notts striker who has two or three markers, will just come straight back at them? Last night there were many times when this was attempted only for that long ball to be picked up easily by Carlisle defenders who had all the time in the world to give it to their midfield.

I was very pleased with the win, but you could see Carlisle scoring after Notts decided to defend too deep with no outlet.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was Husin who put his arm on the ref and not Duffy. I don't think it was aggressive, but still not a very bright thing to do. Those three needless bookings infuriated me. The ref was right to book Husin for time wasting, he had the ball in his hands pretending he didn't know where the throw-in should be taken. He was also right to book Duffy for dissent (and could have gone further), and right to book Allessandra for stupidly kicking the ball away. The problem is the yellows left each player one mis-timed tackle away from leaving us to see the game out with ten men, and we struggled enough with eleven.
    Well my friend not going to argue too much as i could have been mistaken, although I was 20 yards away, I saw Husin had the ball at the right throw in area, Jones was way further up trying to nick a good few yards, the ref just saw Husin & booked him, thought he was innocent, it was then that Duffy kicked off & man-handled the ref & wouldn't let it go, still think KN should have done more to diffuse Duffy he was at the side of him. Makes no difference who is right or wrong we have the same result......... 3 yellows.

Is Duffy Noble from 2 years ago ???, quite possible, for sure Hall is a good addition in our back 4, so when Brisley is back & O'Connor not far away things can be shuffled around with a view to Duffy having some bench warming time.

I'm fairly sure we would not have won that game had we gone down to 10 men.
    BUT... would Duffy being red carded have done us a favour in the long run?
    MOM Hall by a country mile. Excellent performance. Looked like he'd been there all season.

I think even Drysdale wouldn't have wanted to give someone two yellows that quickly both for dissent, it was 100% not Duffy that grabbed the ref, Husin did it after he'd already been booked but as I said before, his original booking was extremely harsh imo, he shouldnt have been expected to sprint down the line with the ball, he was walking at a normal pace quite clearly looking at the ref and asking where the throw in was from, why Drysdale didn't just point to where he wanted it taken from and told him to hurry up I don't know.

Carlisle moaning about the ball boys is the overall reason I'd say and that all started when their player ran up into the stands to get the ball back after getting to the gate at the same time as the ball boy, who had come from 20 yards away at the halfway line. If the Football League won't allow the multi ball system anymore I'm not really sure how they expect you to be that much quicker in a stadium as big as ours with massive areas that are empty like in the JS stand unless we deploy 50 kids scattered about as ball boys.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Welcome bobbilly!
    Hello back.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I'm a fan of Noble as a footballer so I do hope he has his demons locked away now and performs to his obvious potential for Notts without blotting his copy book by collecting a whole pack of cards to his name. He's an excellent player so here's hoping.
    With you on that one. Unfortunately the next home game I can get to is vs Mansfield, so I'm hoping he hasn't got a full set by then

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    I'm over in Sorrento so missed the match, good to read the players ratings and the comments. Sounds a wee bit like we are still huffing and buffing a bit and not convincing.....
    You didn't miss much. Yes there were one or two moments of individual brilliance but as a team we were shocking. Carlisle had more decent chances in the first half but somehow we found ourselves 2-0 up. Recently we have played far better in the 2nd half (Must be something in the Bovril) but it only got worse. For some reason when we get in front we occasionally sit back and allow wave upon wave of attacks from the opposition by aimlessly booting the ball back up field and this match was no different. When the inevitable goal came from a wicked deflection you could only fear the worse but we somehow hung on for the 3 points. Had Carlisle's finishing been on a par with Swansea's it could have been twice this month we had conceded 8. Not very convincing really and the fact that we won only serves to paper over the cracks.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    I think even Drysdale wouldn't have wanted to give someone two yellows that quickly both for dissent, it was 100% not Duffy that grabbed the ref, Husin did it after he'd already been booked but as I said before, his original booking was extremely harsh imo, he shouldnt have been expected to sprint down the line with the ball, he was walking at a normal pace quite clearly looking at the ref and asking where the throw in was from, why Drysdale didn't just point to where he wanted it taken from and told him to hurry up I don't know.

Carlisle moaning about the ball boys is the overall reason I'd say and that all started when their player ran up into the stands to get the ball back after getting to the gate at the same time as the ball boy, who had come from 20 yards away at the halfway line. If the Football League won't allow the multi ball system anymore I'm not really sure how they expect you to be that much quicker in a stadium as big as ours with massive areas that are empty like in the JS stand unless we deploy 50 kids scattered about as ball boys.

Slow ball boys - They are young Notts players, under instruction all season to slow down when Notts are ahead. Easy to spot the nearest player reminding them, if they are a bit too brisk. It was too obvious on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by nottsun View Post
    Slow ball boys - They are young Notts players, under instruction all season to slow down when Notts are ahead. Easy to spot the nearest player reminding them, if they are a bit too brisk. It was too obvious on Tuesday.
    Time wasting, just like diving is an unwelcome scourge of the modern game. If the ref doesn't act it means the paying customers are being short-changed, if he does act it means games often don't finish until 5pm. Anyone who thinks Husin didn't deserve a yellow card on Tuesday night because he was genuinely unsure as to where the throw-in should be taken must be naïve in the extreme.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123