+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MATCH DAY POST: Birmingham City v The Mighty Blades

MATCH DAY POST: Birmingham City v The Mighty Blades

So pretty much getting to the last chance saloon, though Millwalls 3-0 defeat last night is certainly a boost. With Derby facing Middlesbrough this afternoon too, things could certainly open up IF we get the essential victory today. Therein lies the problem. We've been poor on the road recently, and Birmingham certainly need a positive result too.... A draw really would not be wonderful for either team.....

Anyway....

Any team news?

Duffy a starter?

Change things up front?

Or an unchanged starting lineup?

Should be an excellent crowd there this afternoon, boosted by large numbers of us. Stay safe mind, and let's hope the lads give us something to be proud of...... a scrappy win will be sufficient. Factoring in Adams goal I'm predicting a 2-1 Blades victory - I hope...

UTB

Quote Originally Posted by Not_A_Cheat View Post
    So pretty much getting to the last chance saloon, though Millwalls 3-0 defeat last night is certainly a boost. With Derby facing Middlesbrough this afternoon too, things could certainly open up IF we get the essential victory today. Therein lies the problem. We've been poor on the road recently, and Birmingham certainly need a positive result too.... A draw really would not be wonderful for either team.....

Anyway....

Any team news?

Duffy a starter?

Change things up front?

Or an unchanged starting lineup?

Should be an excellent crowd there this afternoon, boosted by large numbers of us. Stay safe mind, and let's hope the lads give us something to be proud of...... a scrappy win will be sufficient. Factoring in Adams goal I'm predicting a 2-1 Blades victory - I hope...

UTB
    I think/hope Duffy will start against his old club.I see Che Adams is available aftr a ban,i hope our fans dunt boo him all game cos it usually bites us on't bum when the fans do that.I also tip a 2-1 win,no doubt the plank that is Blockmod will tip a 3 or 4 nil cakewalk. UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I think/hope Duffy will start against his old club.I see Che Adams is available aftr a ban,i hope our fans dunt boo him all game cos it usually bites us on't bum when the fans do that.I also tip a 2-1 win,no doubt the plank that is Blockmod will tip a 3 or 4 nil cakewalk. UTCB
    They are scrapping for their lives. It will be a tight game, but they are at the bottom for a reason. No more than 3-0 to us. 69 points, goal difference swinging our way. Everything setting up for us to get thrashed by Fulham at Wembley.

I see nothing different to when we played em earlier in season so I'll go for us to be better side squander numerous chances and walk away with a point 1-1 all the other results will go in our favour leaving the majority of this board clinging onto the last thread of hope

Has anybody mentioned it's the hope that kills ya

Think its a bridge too far for us,Derby/Boro today i would prefer a Boro win that gets them out of the way and puts pressure on Derby to win the game in hand,anything could happen with them.

United just need to relax but concentrate and i'm sure they will beat Birmingham.

It's a fascinating end to the season in the Championship (unlike the Premiership) - glad we are still involved at this late stage. Honestly, we can and should beat Birmingham - but these are now one-off games and it really will be about taking chances when they come.

It seems like Leon is regaining some of his earlier form (as Brooks returns)............and if Duffy starts.........hmmm - let's see

yep i also fancy another 1 1 draw im afraid which does neither club any good however i do think that chris will go for it big time in these last 3 games and if we just get a bit of luck in front of goal who knows also fancy boro to beat derby

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    Think its a bridge too far for us,Derby/Boro today i would prefer a Boro win that gets them out of the way and puts pressure on Derby to win the game in hand,anything could happen with them.
    Derby have Boro today, Cardiff (H), then Villa (a) next. They might not get more than a couple of points from those three. Millwall have Boro (a) and Villa (H) last game. They might not get more than another point or two. Boro themselves have Derby and Millwall to play in true and official six-pointers.

Its really fascinating, but we have to win, then win, then win, whatever the others are doing. The next 7 days can change it all.

On the other hand auto could be out of villas reach by then and could be resting players for the play offs

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Derby have Boro today, Cardiff (H), then Villa (a) next. They might not get more than a couple of points from those three. Millwall have Boro (a) and Villa (H) last game. They might not get more than another point or two. Boro themselves have Derby and Millwall to play in true and official six-pointers.

Its really fascinating, but we have to win, then win, then win, whatever the others are doing. The next 7 days can change it all.
    Who do Derby have to play in the game in hand.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast